1008 users online (146 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Bond set at $1M each for officers involved in fatal shooting of 6-year-old, gag order issued

bbm

It’s still unclear what led to the initial car chase between four city marshal deputies, including Stafford and Greenhouse, and Chris Few. Few was driving a vehicle with his 6 year old son, Jeremy Mardis, inside. Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says "We believe (Few and the officers) met each other, knew each other. Certainly as this progresses, we'll find out more and more information. But I think in a town like this, everyone knows each other."

CBS News is quoting sources as saying investigators are exploring whether one of the arrested deputies had a "personal grudge" against Christoper Few.

http://www.wafb.com/story/30471887/b...g-order-issued
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Chris Few's family have stopped updating his medical condition, giving him a "confidential" designation.

Hearsay (can I say this?) is that the animosity with one of the marshals is about Few's girlfriend.

The baby's mother is supposedly incarcerated in Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.
    IT seems that only one of the backup officers had his body cam on, I suspect that officer being there and recording things wasn't part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post
    IT seems that only one of the backup officers had his body cam on, I suspect that officer being there and recording things wasn't part of the plan.
    I expect shenanigans are going to shake out of this case.

Thank God he/she was there!

I read somewhere that 3 of them were in the "chase" vehicle.........the 4th showed up after the call for backup
    I do not know which of them made the statements that Few was not acting aggressive.

I am pretty sure the 4th officer that showed up at the scene is the on with the body cam but I am not 100% certain about this...but this does support your theory of a video not being part of the plan.

I have been reading every article I can find about this and they are all starting to blend together now to try and find which one contained the 4th officer as being the one to have the body cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Megan Dixon, Few’s fiancée, said this weekend that Few had a previous run-in with Greenhouse. A former high school classmate of Dixon, Greenhouse had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house Few and Dixon were sharing at the time.

“I told Chris and Chris confronted him about it and told him, ‘Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you,’ ” Dixon said.
    I am starting to understand why Greenhouse was in a police cruiser very close to where she was .......and also why the lights of that cruiser came on soon after Few pulled away from his girlfriend.

Once again I read somewhere else but not going to search for a link for conformation.....that the suspects had also stated they witnessed a domestic dispute and that is why they wanted to pull Few over.Wouldn't they want to talk to the victim first if this was the case or since there were 3 of them in the car leave one with the victim to get the whole story while the other 2 pursued the perp?....maybe there was no crime that was committed for which Few needed to be pulled over for in the first place.

My goodness if the police were involved every time my wife and I had an argument it would be easier to post a police officer to live with us full time....from the statements of Megan Dixon it doesn't sound like it was even much of an argument to begin with.

And the main reason I don't buy this domestic dispute thing is they first said they were trying to serve a warrant on Few......which we all know how that went over.It sounds to me this domestic dispute thing is the work of a defense attorney after being able to consult the suspects.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

I have a hard time trusting the reporting of the Daily Mail sometimes... That being said....

This article says that Chris and Megan had a big fight at the bar, Megan announced to the bar patrons that her and Chris were no longer together and she started dancing with another guy. They then had a big argument in the parking lot and took off in separate vehicles. This article then states someone called 911! Is this true? Was Greenhouse told by dispatch to attend to this domestic dispute??

This article also gives the details that Elly Mae posted above staying Greenhouse had been messaging Dixon and showing up at her house and Chris had threatened him to stop.

And the saddest part.... Chris still hasn't been told his son passed away

I'm wondering were they terrible shots, or were they aiming for that sweet little boy? They were on the drivers side, and only two shots hit the dad, but 5 shots hit Jeremy? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Can someone from LA point me to an explanation of who/what the marshals are? From the DMail I got the impression they were more like glorified security guards than police officers, I was wondering if that's true?

So say she is not his fiancee. So say few caught her and perp at bar together. (So say is how marksville people tell stories)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    Can someone from LA point me to an explanation of who/what the marshals are? From the DMail I got the impression they were more like glorified security guards than police officers, I was wondering if that's true?
    What they were legally allowed to do is an excellent question.

All I can do is give you the very basics by the way I understand them ........hopefully someone could point us both towards the full and correct answer because it might well come into play when civil lawsuits are filed.

Some one was elected or appointed a post having to do with Law Enforcement in this district .....they purchased a couple police cruisers and used the Marshalls to patrol and start writing tickets......before the Marshalls mostly just served warrants for this district

There was some questions raised about the legal authority of these Marshalls writing tickets and issuing fines in this district.It was currently either a case or just a question that was being consider by a local court or judge.

I know this doesn't answer your question but does raise questions about weather they even had the legal authority to pull people over to begin with.........that being said,they were not just out running around doing police duties for the fun of it.

They were getting paid from some entity and it seems also told to perform the duties that an LE officer would normally do while on a patrol.Weather they were legally justified to perform these act does seem to be in question.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieLiz View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

I have a hard time trusting the reporting of the Daily Mail sometimes... That being said....

This article says that Chris and Megan had a big fight at the bar, Megan announced to the bar patrons that her and Chris were no longer together and she started dancing with another guy. They then had a big argument in the parking lot and took off in separate vehicles. This article then states someone called 911! Is this true? Was Greenhouse told by dispatch to attend to this domestic dispute??

This article also gives the details that Elly Mae posted above staying Greenhouse had been messaging Dixon and showing up at her house and Chris had threatened him to stop.

And the saddest part.... Chris still hasn't been told his son passed away
    All the other info in the article seems correct and confirmed by other multiple sources......although for some reason I was thinking the conversation Few and Dixon had was in the parking lot of the bar.

I thought Dixon had said she refused to go home with Few and decided to go back in the bar .....BUT this is more then once I have read the discussion occurred at a light so its seems likely my parking lot thoughts are incorrect.

I don't find this version hard to believe and could easily be a plausible reason to pull him over if a 911 call about an earlier disturbance was made.It could also explain them being in the area of the bar.I know LE was reviewing 911 calls and had assumed they were related to the shooting.

But we still have the huge problem of a 6 year old being shot dead and an unarmed man being severly injured.......even if they had cause to try and pull him over for a disturbance.Their actions afterward are still very much in question.

I will be totally honest and had a hunch Greenhouse may have been close to the bar only because of the girl.........after reading this it certainly seems 911 calls are what lead the officers to this vicinity.

http://www.katc.com/story/30491146/f...t-bond-for-son

It may be also time for the father to resign his post at the DA's office.

I was really hoping this would not happen.........if reports are true and the video is as bad as we are led to believe.....chances are good this guy takes off.Especially if his family has 1 mill in property holdings he should have no problems gathering up enough to go on run.

So say the timeline of events, including the 911 call is in question. So say 911 call may be CYA

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast