Canada - Woman, 28, sexually assaulted at gunpoint in downtown Toronto 07/11/15

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/sex-assault-toronto-1.3309106

"Police are searching for a man believed to have sexually assaulted a 28-year-old woman at gunpoint overnight.

The victim was walking downtown near Alexander and Yonge streets around midnight when the suspect approached her and pulled out a gun, Toronto police said.

He then took the woman behind a building, sexually assaulted her and ran off."

Happens every day. Don't see this thread drawing any attention.

Happens every day. Don't see this thread drawing any attention.

Sex assault at gunpoint in a busy part of town is still not an everyday occurrence in Toronto, thank goodness!
Hoping that the 177 people who have already viewed this thread, continue to keep eyes and ears open for this armed and very dangerous man. imo.

http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/33290
rbbm.

"The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with an ongoing sexual assault investigation.

On Friday, November 6, 2015, just before midnight, police responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Alexander Street and Yonge Street area.

The man has been identified as Brennan Wayne Guigue, 45, of Toronto.

He is described as 5'9", 201 lbs.

Police believe him to be armed and dangerous. Do not approach him. If he is encountered call 9-1-1.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.

NR.33290.1447290619.jpg

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/11/12/man-known-police-wanted-downtown-toronto-armed-sex-assault/
rbbm.
"Toronto police have issued an arrest warrant for a suspect, who they believe is “armed, dangerous and violent” after a woman was attacked and sexually assaulted near the former Maple Leaf Gardens area.

Brennan Wayne Guigue, 45, is wanted in connection with a violent attack on Nov. 6 near Yonge and Alexander streets between Carlton and Wellesley streets.

Police say a 28-year-old woman was walking on Alexander just before midnight, when a man approached her from behind, grabbed her, put a gun to her head, and bound her hands behind her back. Then, he forcibly walked her to the back of a building where he allegedly sexually assaulted her.

“The attack was interrupted by three men exiting a cab in the area. This caused the suspect to flea south from that location,” acting Insp. Joanne Rudnick said at a news conference on Thursday."

snip>

"Police urged the suspect, who lives in Toronto and is known to roam the downtown area, to contact lawyer and turn himself in."

Interesting they suggest he contact a lawyer before turning himself in. I wonder why they said that.

It's crazy where it happened, just off Yonge and so close to things. No surprise he was interrupted. I wonder if he'd intended to do more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting they suggest he contact a lawyer before turning himself in. I wonder why they said that.

It's crazy where it happened, just off Yonge and so close to things. No surprise he was interrupted. I wonder if he'd intended to do more?

In theory, if a person is wanted and they have a lawyer, then that lawyer has an obligation to contact police and bring his client. Also that just means the suspect's rights are protected (haha)
I am do very glad that sexual assault by gunpoint is NOT an everyday occurrence in Toronto. Considering the amount of people we have, it's a very safe city.

In theory, if a person is wanted and they have a lawyer, then that lawyer has an obligation to contact police and bring his client. Also that just means the suspect's rights are protected (haha)
I am do very glad that sexual assault by gunpoint is NOT an everyday occurrence in Toronto. Considering the amount of people we have, it's a very safe city.

It's almost like they're saving themselves a step.

Me too. I've stayed at the Chelsea and walked along that street late at night and was aware and cautious but never afraid. He was crazy to try something there.

In my own part of town I've taken many walks that late. You're right - we are fortunate. I feel awful for this woman.

http://www.cp24.com/news/new-images-released-of-downtown-armed-sex-assault-suspect-1.2657617
"New images released of downtown armed sex assault suspect "

image.jpg
rbbm.
" Rudnick said police were able to identify a suspect in the case thanks to information from community members. The suspect has a past history of violent offences but has not previously been arrested for any sexually-based offences.

He may also have mental health issues and should be considered to be a danger to both himself and others, police said.

Brennan Wayne Guigue, 45, is wanted for a number of offences, including sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, weapons dangerous, uttering threats and breaching probation."

Seems to be, or perhaps he " left " some sort of facility?
imo.

Carrying all his stuff like that makes me think he's homeless. I don't know if someone with his history would be allowed to live in a shelter. If he escaped from a facility like CAMH would he have all his stuff on him?

I wish they would tell us more.

It has been pretty chilly, wonder if he might try and drop into a homeless shelter?
More likely that he is camping out in a ravine or under a bridge somewhere, unless he has moved on from Toronto, imo.

Horrible thought, but hope he has not forced himself into someone's home.
imo.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...lt-behind-restaurant-robbery-police-1.3322543

"Brennan Wayne Guigue, wanted for sexual assault, behind restaurant robbery: police
Public urged to call 911 immediately if they see suspect

CBC News Posted: Nov 17, 2015 10:04 AM

"Police allege Guigue walked into a King and Sherbourne Street area restaurant around 3:12 a.m. last Friday and demanded money from an employee at gunpoint.

Police didn't say how much money he took, if any, but said he fled westbound on foot following the robbery.

The incident took place a week after Guigue allegedly threatened a woman, tied her hands and sexually assaulted her in an alley near Yonge and Alexander Streets on Nov. 6.

Toronto police have asked for the public's help in looking for Guigue several times. He's said to be associated with a street address but is also known to stay in shelters sometimes."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back