896 users online (141 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Cheyenne Sides, 14, Monroe, 7 November 2015

Cheyenne Sides

Monroe Police looking for missing girl
    "Monroe Police are looking for Cheyenne Sides, 14, the daughter of Union County Board of Education member Gary Sides. She was last seen Saturday afternoon riding her medium sized blue bike out of her Monroe neighborhood. She does not have a cell phone.

Sides told FOX 46 that this is out of character for Cheyenne, as she has never gone missing before."

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...46176511-story
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

They haven't released it, but Cheyenne is a special needs child. I know her father through the school board. the weather has been rainy and chilly here. I was in Monroe this weekend for our air show, and the time she went missing yesterday, there was finally a break in the clouds, as it had been raining all day prior. I hope she just needed a break, and will be home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    Hopefully they get the bike bit out there, especially, since people might remember seeing someone on it even if they didn't remember much else - and it'd also be a good thing to look for in case she got separated from it (intentionally or forcefully, etc.)

Her glasses, too, if people do ground searches since she seems to favor a more solid visible frame than something like a small wire rim. There's the pic of her with the black ones on the soccer field and then slightly bigger and a brighter blue pair in the school pic.

Last Seen leaving Savannah Way Sub-division in Monroe, NC on a blue bicycle. Last wearing shorts with a teal top.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockins View Post
    They haven't released it, but Cheyenne is a special needs child. I know her father through the school board. the weather has been rainy and chilly here. I was in Monroe this weekend for our air show, and the time she went missing yesterday, there was finally a break in the clouds, as it had been raining all day prior. I hope she just needed a break, and will be home tonight.
    Ah, I had seen something that made me wonder if that might be the case but didn't see it mentioned so thought maybe I was reading into things.

Do you know at all if she's social and might be inclined to try to see friends?

Or if she's prone to be more trusting and thus vulnerable?

And with the airshow, does that mean there may have been a lot of non-locals in town for it, upping the pool of people who could have been out and about around the same time?

Oh this is so upsetting. I'm east of there and a cold front came through last night. Where I live the temperature dropped 30 degrees overnight. Went from having the air conditioner on yesterday to having the heat on today. It's cold and rainy. If she is outside, I hope she has found someplace to keep warm and dry.

The Help Find FB page just posted that police have a lead they are working on. My thoughts are prayers are with her and her family.

The area she went missing from: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sa...53ecb77584d553
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Dad's getting lots of comments and support on his FB page (easy to find given the name in the article - that plus the city makes him the only one)
    and he's responded to some questions.

On the Help Find page the admin said LE is working on a lead and they're hoping it'll pan out.

Media article on FB here (they're trying to respond to questions also - nice to see!) https://www.facebook.com/fox46charlo...22510741206365

Lots of people asking on all three if there are searches being done and offering to search.

Sounds like family is waiting for LE to give them permission to do open/public searches before doing so.

From one hour ago, police investigating lead according to the Missing FB page. The page will share more as they permission and information. Praying this young lady is found safe....
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

A lot of people are still in the summer time mind set . She may not have realized how quickly dark would come if it was late afternoon. Five foot and 100 lbs is a pretty small girl. Hopefully she's been found overnight and they just haven't released it yet .

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    A lot of people are still in the summer time mind set . She may not have realized how quickly dark would come if it was late afternoon. Five foot and 100 lbs is a pretty small girl. Hopefully she's been found overnight and they just haven't released it yet .
    That's actually a very good point about the recent time change and switch out of summer!

No real updates on the Missing group page thing. Nothing yet on the possible lead.

Still lots of people anxious to help search or whatever. Hopefully now that it's morning for them that'll get things moving shortly.

Did see them say she doesn't keep any sort of diary and that she does not have a cell phone. LE is looking at her computer.

She is five feet tall, and weighs 100 pounds. She was wearing shorts and a teal shirt. Cheyenne Sides wears glasses and has braces.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...46176511-story

From the FB page around 8am today, Cheyenne is CONFIRMED to have been seen in Wilkes County. If you live in Wilkes County, please keep your eyes open and share the Missing Poster!

Reading a current update from Gary Sides, Cheyenne's father:

"Our daughter was confirmed to be in Wilkes County as of Saturday evening. She is looking for distant relatives. Is wearing a gray hoodie....she has been off her medication for two days." He also mentions that Wilkes Co. Sheriff's Dept is on the case.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast