916 users online (223 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

ID - Rancher’s wife: ‘I saw them murder my husband’

Jack Yantis

The family of an Adams County rancher involved in an encounter with two sheriff’s deputies says the deputies killed him in a “completely unjustified” shooting.

Survivors of Jack Yantis, the 62-year-old who died a week ago in the darkness on U.S. 95 north of Council, say they will pursue claims against Adams County for Yantis’ death.

Family members have shared with the Statesman their account of what happened last Sunday night. The account is in written statements prepared with attorneys the family hired after the incident, a video statement Donna Yantis made from her Boise hospital bed, and a draft transcript the lawyers prepared of one family member’s account of what happened.

The Statesman also interviewed several family members, including Rowdy Paradis, a nephew of the couple’s who said he witnessed the shootings.
    Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...#storylink=cpy
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

A bull gets hit by a car and a rancher, summoned by LE, gets shot? This isn't adding up to me.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Three living witnesses attesting to the shoot-happy behavior of two "men wearing badges"... adds up to me.

972 people killed by the police so far this year. Almost 200 of them unarmed. The number will be well over a thousand by the end of the year. This is a holocaust going on in this country.

The Counted - People killed by police in the US

Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    Three living witnesses attesting to the shoot-happy behavior of two "men wearing badges"... adds up to me.
    Would like to hear from the other witnesses from the damaged SUV. I'm not saying the witnesses with lawyers are wrong, but witnesses with no connection to the victim would be more believable to me.

What a horrific sounding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
    972 people killed by the police so far this year. Almost 200 of them unarmed. The number will be well over a thousand by the end of the year. This is a holocaust going on in this country.

The Counted - People killed by police in the US
    It certainly looks like there is a senseless out of control mob with badges shooting random citizens in the US. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    It certainly looks like there is a senseless out of control mob with badges shooting random citizens in the US. Jmo.
    It might be more productive NOT to label those with badges as an out of control mob. I DO realize you didn't label ALL with badges that way, but maybe it sends the wrong message? Perhaps these "shooters" were out to prove a point after the Bundy standoff with the Feds representing our beloved elected officials?

I could be wrong, and this is my OPINION only
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Jack Yantis died Nov. 1 in a murky exchange of gunfire with two Adams County deputies along a dark, open stretch of highway. Yantis had responded to the scene after one of his bulls was struck by a station wagon after sundown. This much is agreed upon: at some point, something went wrong and Yantis was killed during an incident in which he and the two deputies all fired their weapons, according to authorities.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/08/rancher-needlessly-shot-by-police-family-says/

"The bull was very agitated and was aggressive to emergency services, as well as the other cars coming up and down the highway," Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman said.
    Yantis, the bull's owner, arrived with a rifle just as deputies decided to put down the animal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-batt...-rancher-dead/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

From article linked in post #1 -

Donna Yantis had walked the rifle to her husband.

To me, that's the first issue to be resolved. Why did the deputies stand around while DY walked a rifle to her husband?

Then -

Jack Yantis was standing about 4 feet from the bull, aiming the rifle at the back of the bull’s head. His back was to the two deputies, who were standing in the far lane facing each other as if they were having a conversation.

So far, wondering how much DY will open the bidding at.

'Exchange' of gunfire? Between the deputies and JY? Don't think so - jmo.

Not enough information from the 1 article yet.

Based on what little I read it seems the rancher was trying to help and was going to shoot his own animal to help out.

Not sure why the deputies decided to fire too. Maybe an accidental shooting or accidental crossfire. Not sure.

They don't say if the deputy was wounded by the scuffle with the bull or by one of the shots.

Not enough information yet in the 1 article.

I am siding with the rancher so far because I don't think he was doing anything more than trying to help out so not sure why he was shot.

ETA:

I believe the wife and this account.

"“I put the (skid loader’s) lights on him and the bull, and he lined up to shoot the bull in the back of head and put him out humanely,” Paradis said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e43673037.html
    Last edited by Hatfield; 11-09-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: corrected link

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Would like to hear from the other witnesses from the damaged SUV. I'm not saying the witnesses with lawyers are wrong, but witnesses with no connection to the victim would be more believable to me.
    That would be difficult to get useful information from them. Since they would have been in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, by that point. It’s going to be the familie’s word, against the cops word, and the cops are not even talking.

Quote Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
    That would be difficult to get useful information from them. Since they would have been in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, by that point. It’s going to be the familie’s word, against the cops word, and the cops are not even talking.
    If the families account is true, what the deputies did was criminal. I have not read that the accident victims were in an ambulance when this happened. Source please. Also, I would be surprised if there were no other witnesses as the article mentioned other cars being threatened by the bull. This is a horrific story & I feel terribly for the family.

LE might be waiting to see if video of the incident shows up. Jmo.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast