1305 users online (203 members and 1102 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question why is it so hard to believe

this is my first post on this forum so be nice, I personally dont think that the ramseys killed jon benet, i just dont understand why its so hard to believe that someone on the outside preyed on her and was driven by their perversion and did this to her and got away with it!? I have read alot of the " jon benet " books and i have never thought that the parents did it, but of course thats my opinion.......

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    this is my first post on this forum so be nice, I personally dont think that the ramseys killed jon benet, i just dont understand why its so hard to believe that someone on the outside preyed on her and was driven by their perversion and did this to her and got away with it!? I have read alot of the " jon benet " books and i have never thought that the parents did it, but of course thats my opinion.......
    I think it's unlikely that a complete stranger did this unless he found some way to research the family plans and habits. He knew they would be out for a few hours and perhaps that the dog wouldn't be there. It could, however, be someone once removed who learned all he needed to know from a family friend or worker.

It is not so hard to believe that someone on the outside preyed on JonBenet and was driven by perversion.
    The way JonBenet was inappropriately dolled up by Patsy and thrust into the limelight gives strength to the theory that a pedophile noticed her and made her his target.
    I could believe that, IF the Ramsey's hadn't told so many lies and acted so suspiciously.
    Why,oh why, did the Ramsey's call every man and his dog to their house on the morning of the 26th?Their daughter was missing, they had a ransom note from a foreign faction that was threatening to behead their daughter if they didn't comply with the rules...and yet, Patsy organizes a early morning tea party....
    Hmmmm, doesnt sound like they were too worried about that 'ol foreign faction does it??

I thought that they had a few close friends that came over to help and see how they were? I dont think anything is wrong with that, the police should have known better then to let the people stay in the house and contaminate any potential evidence, I dont really remember anyways that they acted suspicious. There is also a college right near where they live they need to look at that,there are alot of possibilities of who could have did it i just dont think it was them....

Michelle - hi and welcome. The only thing wrong with inviting all of their friends over was that they were told their beloved daughter would be killed if they spoke to anyone.

Some people might think they did that because there was no danger of anyone killing their child because they knew she was already dead.
    Above is my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie
    Michelle - hi and welcome. The only thing wrong with inviting all of their friends over was that they were told their beloved daughter would be killed if they spoke to anyone.

Some people might think they did that because there was no danger of anyone killing their child because they knew she was already dead.
    I don't think it had sunk in that what was happening was real. Just like people who in airplane crashes stop to get their carry-on luggage. Only about 15% of people immediately respond appropriately in a crisis. 15% become immovable and the rest try and function as though all is more or less normal and the danger is minimal.

Added:
    http://psacake.com/how2survive.asp

[]

People caught up in disasters tend to fall into three categories. About 10% to 15% remain calm and act quickly and efficiently. Another 15% or less completely freak out--weeping, screaming or otherwise hindering the evacuation. That kind of hysteria is usually isolated and quickly snuffed out by the crowd. The vast majority of people do very little. They are "stunned and bewildered," as British psychologist John Leach put it in a 2004 article published in Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine.

[]

In a crisis, our instincts can be our undoing. William Morgan, who directs the exercise-psychology lab at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, has studied mysterious scuba accidents in which divers drowned with plenty of air in their tanks. It turns out that certain people experience an intense feeling of suffocation when their mouths are covered. They respond to that overwhelming sensation by relying on their instinct, which is to rip out whatever is in their mouths. For scuba divers, unfortunately, it is their oxygen source. On land, that would be a perfect solution.

Why do our instincts sometimes backfire so dramatically? Research on how the mind processes information suggests that part of the problem is a lack of data. Even when we're calm, our brains require 8 to 10 sec. to handle each novel piece of complex information. The more stress, the slower the process. Bombarded with new information, our brains shift into low gear just when we need to move fast. We diligently hunt for a shortcut to solve the problem more quickly. If there aren't any familiar behaviors available for the given situation, the mind seizes upon the first fix in its library of habits--if you can't breathe, remove the object in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by tipper
    I don't think it had sunk in that what was happening was real. Just like people who in airplane crashes stop to get their carry-on luggage. Only about 15% of people immediately respond appropriately in a crisis. 15% become immovable and the rest try and function as though all is more or less normal and the danger is minimal.
    I hear ya, tipper, but it was real enough that they couldn't find her and it was certainly real enough for Patsy to dial 911 and pant "Help me Jesus".
    I don't 'know' what I would do, but I imagine in that situation your whole world would revolve around the contents in the RN. JMO.
    Above is my opinion only

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Hi Michelle.

I'm one of the people that can't make up my mind at all. Some days I think the Ramsey's did it, some days I think Intruder(s) did it. I try to look at it from any angle that makes sense.
    But when I think Intruder(s) did it, I get hung up on the pineapple.

One of the many things that bother me is how the Rams reacted after 'finding' the ransom note. We are to believe that John, being a somewhat respected and savvy business man in Boulder, allows a call to 911 as well as a boatload of friends over rather than trying to get hold of someone higher up with 'connections' to the FBI maybe.... this is their precious little girl by the way not the family dog for crying out loud.

GEEZ! Even we know a few cops and you bet I'd be calling them at home and begging them to hear the note over the phone and get someone who knew what they were doing and NOT NOT NOT do anything to jeopardize my child!!

Both Patsy and John took a few minutes to read the note. Patsy was quite clear on the 911 call (not hysterical), she knew what she was doing.

In my opinion of course.
    Jubie

I've always wondered has it ever been concidered that John Ramsey's ex-wife could have done this ? The Ransom note seem to point straight at John, "Mr. Ramsey!" "It's up to you now, John!" and "Don't try to grow a brain John!" It seems the person who killed JonBenet was trying to get even with John, his ex-wife could have been jealous of the Ramseys and everything they had. Was she ever a suspect or cleared as a suspect?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    Hi Michelle.

I'm one of the people that can't make up my mind at all. Some days I think the Ramsey's did it, some days I think Intruder(s) did it. I try to look at it from any angle that makes sense.
    But when I think Intruder(s) did it, I get hung up on the pineapple.
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

I just wish this would be solved i cannot believe its been this long and nothing, Did any of you see a show that was aired not too long ago about " new evidence " and dna that wasnt anyone ones in the house, thats the kind of stuff that makes me think they didnt do it....My hubby swears they did but we are free to have our own opinion...and as far as them calling 911 right away, i have
    a 4 yr old and God forbid something like this happened, i would probably dial 911 right away, i dont think i would be thinking rationally....

[QUOTE=michelle]I just wish this would be solved i cannot believe its been this long and nothing, Did any of you see a show that was aired not too long ago about " new evidence " and dna that wasnt anyone ones in the house, thats the kind of stuff that makes me think they didnt do it....My hubby swears they did but we are free to have our own opinion...and as far as them calling 911 right away, i have
    a 4 yr old and God forbid something like this happened, i would probably dial 911 right away, i dont think i would be thinking rationally...

I hear you about calling 911 'right away' but thats not what they did. They both took the time to read the ransom note. That took a few minutes, then they did the exact opposite of what the note said at the risk of JonBenet being beheaded!!!!!

btw welcome.
    Jubie

Yes and they searched the house as well...it's a biiig house, it would have taken awhile to search.

Oh and they're sooooo terrified they look in Burke's room but DON'T wake him up to ask him if he's heard/seen anything?

Boulderdash!

One more thing to think about: See how quick the Rams are to throw themselves a pity party over LE questions and public suspicion (DOI-> with Pouty Patty on the cover) now imagine how these parents would react at the accidental homicide of their trophy child at their own hands..... hmmm

I imagine I'm more likely see green pigs flying past my window than I'd hear Patsy say either herself or Burke murderd JonBenet. Oops, sorry, Merrry Christmas everyone.

btw, again, my sarcasm is not directed at you in a mean spirited kind of way but rather reflects how I feel about the whole case.

Jubie

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    Yes and they searched the house as well...it's a biiig house, it would have taken awhile to search.

Oh and they're sooooo terrified they look in Burke's room but DON'T wake him up to ask him if he's heard/seen anything?

Boulderdash!

Exactamundo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast