1367 users online (259 members and 1108 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1545
  1. #31
    ELOCsoul's Avatar
    ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,332

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Please see attached documents, 7 pages in all.

    I put this together over the weekend. Fitting some of the excerpts from the book into today's context with newly revealed information, I actually became a little upset about how this case remain unsolved for so long. Your thoughts??
    But still, we are left to wonder; why were they so astute about keeping the records on the new POI sealed for 26 years if they had simply forgotten about him, suspected the POI was not the culprit, or if they suspected someone else? This doesn't add up, imo.

    I can think of only two viable explanations:
    1. Someone was deliberately suppressing information that might look unfavorable to LE and/or the Courts (doubtful).
    2. They were receiving third-party information pointing to the new POI as the abductor of JEW from someone in some way connected to the POI and didn't want to tip the POI off.

    Option 1 is improbable because the secrecy and sealing surrounding this POI was immediate in the investigation, well before any significant mistakes were made.
    Last edited by Sigrun; 11-11-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: grammar; more info
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    33
    We know he took and kept trophies, but if they weren't found at his residencies back in 1990 where was he stashing them? Did they find Jared's pants? He has a dumping spot, they need to find it.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebest View Post
    If so we can only hope he lives long enough to confess and then dies a painful death. I wish that he wouldn't be called "Danny" in the news although I realize they can't say POS. Danny makes him sound soft and childlike and he is obviously nothing of the sort.jmo
    Right! Call him Daniel.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun View Post
    But still, we are left to wonder; why were they so astute about keeping the records on the new POI sealed for 26 years if they had simply forgotten about him, suspected the POI was not the culprit, or if they suspected someone else? This doesn't add up, imo.

    I can think of only two viable explanations:
    1. Someone was deliberately suppressing information that might look unfavorable to LE and/or the Courts (doubtful).
    2. They were receiving third-party information pointing to the new POI as the abductor of JEW from someone in some way connected to the POI and didn't want to tip the POI off.

    Option 1 is improbable because the secrecy and sealing surrounding this POI was immediate in the investigation, well before any significant mistakes were made.
    Sigrun, what do you make of Shane Ball's comment (under oath, I assume) that upon reviewing the case he couldn't understand why they weren't still looking at DJH.

    At one point during Ball’s testimony, Leung stopped the proceedings to ask why investigators were focusing on Heinrich.Ball responded that authorities had decided to review the entire Wetterling case a year ago. “When we got into Mr. Heinrich, it wasn’t clear why we weren’t still looking at him as a suspect,” he said.
    This was during DJH's hearing last week. http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...urt?source=pkg

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Please see attached documents, 7 pages in all.

    I put this together over the weekend. Fitting some of the excerpts from the book into today's context with newly revealed information, I actually became a little upset about how this case remain unsolved for so long. Your thoughts??
    RBBM

    I agree, I find it so hard to conceive how someone didn't see this as needing to be followed up on..... here's my thoughts.... previously posted...

    My understanding; Heinrich's tires aren’t really ‘that’ common, because, they’re thinner than most tires and would only be outfitted on so many cars; and the combination of mismatched tires in a set of four found on a car matching the crime scene, is really somewhat exclusive; this combined with a shoe print belonging to a suspect who has a car with the tires and the same shoes… regardless of whether the shoes are fairly common, the specific shoe size is somewhat exclusive; the combination of tire prints, shoe prints, the match to the description and the profile – age, size/build, blue car, scanner, cammies, lifestyle, etc… plus his match to the sketch put out from Jared’s case, already under suspicion in Jared's case…. Well, I fully understand the concept of ‘not enough to convict…’ I do… But, what my thinking would be in that case is that, although they did not have enough ‘right there’ to take it to court…. Well, they have enough right there that tells them that they need to keep looking and they have enough there that tells them where to focus…. on DJH. Not having enough in their initial findings only tells them that they need more, but, with what they had, it sure seems to me that they should have known that they needed to have intense focus on DJH and keep with him to see what else they ‘could’ find…. I just really think he should have been a Very Main focus of the investigation…At least that’s my thinking.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    As I mentioned before, never thought DR was involved at all. The Wetterlings and the Rassiers should be furious! Terrible terrible shame on the authorities.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    502
    I don't understand why just because DJH "got a lawyer" they had to let him go and seemingly stopped investigating him. SO WHAT if he has a lawyer?!? That doesn't mean he isn't a POI any longer.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    I don't understand why just because DJH "got a lawyer" they had to let him go and seemingly stopped investigating him. SO WHAT if he has a lawyer?!? That doesn't mean he isn't a POI any longer.
    I don't either. I think once they let him go there was so many thousands of leads to follow up on and so much going on constantly at the beginning of the case that they just forgot about him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day, I want to look him in the eye and say, 'I never gave up.'" ~Patty Wetterling

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    I don't understand why just because DJH "got a lawyer" they had to let him go and seemingly stopped investigating him. SO WHAT if he has a lawyer?!? That doesn't mean he isn't a POI any longer.
    I think FBI was hoping to interrogate him and get information or a confession from him. They didn't really have enough evidence at that point that would allow them any hope of a conviction based on evidence alone. When he got a lawyer they had to let him go, but they didn't stop investigating him. According to his own account they followed him for months; he even grew a beard because of it.

    Basically, the lawyer wouldn't allow questioning of him and they (FBI, LE) were not ready to take the case to court.

    That's my take.

    Then, when Kevin's information came along LE second-guessed themselves and took the investigation in another direction. What I wonder is WHY they assumed the car Kevin was driving caused THE TRACKS that they had already connected to DJH's car?? It seems like a lot of assumptions were made... like "now we know Kevin was there, that must have been who DR saw pulling around in the driveway, oh boy the abductor must have been on foot". It really was not investigated very thoroughly at that point, imo.
    Last edited by Simplemama; 11-11-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: adding to post


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    295
    All blaming aside...we need to figure out what happened to Jacob because a lawyer will tell him to keep his mouth closed this time too. I think Daniel will need a visitor in an unsupervised room with the cameras turned off to get a full confession out of him. At this point figuring out what happened to Jacob trumps any justice that could be lost in the process of getting the confession in a way that's frowned upon.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    649
    I don't think anyone cares about a confession or how it is obtained or whether it will hold up in a court of law, Patty just wants to know where he is. DH is already locked up and will be for quite some time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day, I want to look him in the eye and say, 'I never gave up.'" ~Patty Wetterling

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by nmogren View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about a confession or how it is obtained or whether it will hold up in a court of law, Patty just wants to know where he is. DH is already locked up and will be for quite some time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly... but it will take a full confession with all the details and from what I've seen it's not going to come easy with him.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by nmogren View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about a confession or how it is obtained or whether it will hold up in a court of law, Patty just wants to know where he is. DH is already locked up and will be for quite some time.
    Agreed. The important thing now is finding Jacob. At the time of DJH's first interrogation, however, they were probably thinking about getting a confession in order to prosecute. (In answer to the notebook's post above).

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemama View Post
    I think FBI was hoping to interrogate him and get information or a confession from him. They didn't really have enough evidence at that point that would allow them any hope of a conviction based on evidence alone. When he got a lawyer they had to let him go, but they didn't stop investigating him. According to his own account they followed him for months; he even grew a beard because of it.

    Basically, the lawyer wouldn't allow questioning of him and they (FBI, LE) were not ready to take the case to court.

    That's my take.

    Then, when Kevin's information came along LE second-guessed themselves and took the investigation in another direction. What I wonder is WHY they assumed the car Kevin was driving caused THE TRACKS that they had already connected to DJH's car?? It seems like a lot of assumptions were made... like "now we know Kevin was there, that must have been who DR saw pulling around in the driveway, oh boy the abductor must have been on foot". It really was not investigated very thoroughly at that point, imo.
    I think LE trying to use Kevin as an excuse is just not reasonable. Kevin did not come forward until 2003. What was LE doing over the thirteen years in between that prevented them from reevaluating DJH once the huge influx of leads ended with nothing else coming up?
    What do we think? What do we know? What can we prove?

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-26-2017, 11:18 PM
  2. Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3
    By bessie in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 01:12 AM
  3. Suspect - Daniel Heinrich
    By ELOCsoul in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 1107
    Last Post: 11-10-2015, 08:22 AM
  4. CO - Denver cop shot, suspect dead in chase; 5th suspect arrested
    By Portabella in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM
  5. SUSPECT: Jeffrey Allan Maxwell - Cops eye "house of horrors" suspect in cold cases
    By JeannieC in forum Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread