1244 users online (226 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - John Mathes, 91, Wintersville, 2 Nov 2015

91-year-old John Mathes from Wintersville, Ohio which is near Steubenville, is missing. Mathes used to be a deliveryman for Pepsi and his family believes he may be on one of his old delivery routes. “As soon as they see the license plate 1Pepsi, follow that plate and call 911. Don’t wait to get home, call us as soon as you see the plate.”

Family and friends organized several search parties on the ground. The Sheriff’s department has been searching since he first disappeared and Ohio State Highway Patrol has taken to the air in their search for Mathes.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...nd-the-country

I had hoped he would have been found by now. The alert signs down in Columbus have stopped displaying his info.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

I was hoping he'd been found safe as well. I noticed that they stopped displaying his info on the signs here in Akron also. They were up all last week, but I didn't see any at all yesterday.

I wondered if he was located but I couldn't find any recent updates. He seems like such a sweet and wonderful man!
    My posts are JMO of course!

Bumping. Hope you've been found, John!
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    "Pepsi Man" Still Missing After 2 Weeks

http://www.wtrf.com/story/30531226/p...-after-2-weeks
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

How sad. Was really hoping they found this dear man by now. I did notice the signs were back today showing his information again.
    My posts are JMO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by KimberOH View Post
    How sad. Was really hoping they found this dear man by now. I did notice the signs were back today showing his information again.
    Unfortunately found dead yesterday - http://www.newsnet5.com/news/state/o...nd-dead-in-car

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio - A man reported missing two weeks ago has been found dead.

John Mathes from Wintersville, Ohio—which is near Steubenville—was found just before 4:30 p.m. Monday in his car.

Mathes used to be a deliveryman for Pepsi and his license plate number—1PEPSI—has been displayed on highway signs for over a week.

The car was on a remote road in the Germano area of Harrison County, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office reports. Foul play is not suspected, they add.

The Stark County Coroner will perform Mathes' autopsy.

Sad news. I had hoped he would be found.