Reaction score
Age last seen: 56
Age now: 78
Race: White male
Hair color: Grey or partially grey
Eyes Color: Hazel
Height: 72.0
Weight: 200.0
Scars and Marks: scar left cheek; partially balding. Combs hair over bald spots.

Robert Joseph Thompson was last seen on May 1, 1993 in Sarasota, Florida.

Thompson left Florida advising he was moving to Colorado in May of 93. His vehicle was found abandoned at Mile 1289 of the Alaska Highway near Midway Lake, Tok, Alaska.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Thompson is asked to contact Alaska State Troopers.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/668dmak.html

The Doe Network:

Case File 668DMAK
RThompson.jpg

Robert Joseph Thompson
Missing since June 7, 1993 from Fairbanks, Fairbanks North Star County, Alaska.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: May 23, 1937
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 56 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 200 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Gray, balding hair; hazel eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: He has a scar on his left cheek.
    [*]Dentals: Available
  • Fingerprints:

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thompson's vehicle was discovered abandoned at Mile 1289 on Alaska Highway near Northway, Alaska on June 7, 1993.
He was planning to move to Colorado from Florida at the time his vehicle was located.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact
:
Alaska State Troopers
907-269-5497
Agency Case Number: 93-35247
NCIC Number: M-695161386

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Alaska State Troopers

668DMAK - Robert Joseph Thompson

Name: Robert Joseph Thompson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 7, 1993
Location Last Seen: Fairbanks, Fairbanks North Star County, Alaska.

Physical Description

Date of Birth: May 23, 1937
Race: White
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray, balding
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He has a scar on his left cheek.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Thompson's vehicle was discovered abandoned at Mile 1289 on Alaska Highway near Northway, Alaska on June 7, 1993.

He was planning to move to Colorado from Florida at the time his vehicle was located.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Alaska State Troopers
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 907-269-5497
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 93-35247

NCIC Case Number: M-695161386

Information Source(s)

Alaska State Troopers

Why was he in Alaska if.... "....planning to move to Colorado from Florida at the time his vehicle was located."

That is really out of left field. When they found his vehicle, was it full of his personal possessions? Did it have any gas in it?

I wonder what the scar on his cheek was from. It looks like a knife wound. Maybe he was running from something or someone.

Why was he in Alaska if.... "....planning to move to Colorado from Florida at the time his vehicle was located."

That is really out of left field. When they found his vehicle, was it full of his personal possessions? Did it have any gas in it?

I was trying to figure out where the car was found on the map, it says near Midway Lake, Tok, Northway or Fairbanks, too many locations.

.....abandoned at Mile 1289 on Alaska Highway near Northway......

This description sounds like Northway is their landmark. The yellow road is Alaska Hwy. When you zoom in on the map, there is a gas station called Naabia Niign Gas Station. Of course it may not have been there at the time. But it would make sense that his vehicle would be there. He'd need gas or he may have had car trouble.

Did someone pick him up? Did he walk off? What was the weather like there in spring 1993? Still cold at night I'm sure.

1660606007460.png

Google Maps. com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DZUquNDi5WIKdRpn1JpEGKA%26cb_client%3Dsearch.revgeo_and_fetch.gps%26w%3D96%26h%3D64%26yaw%3D341.99728%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!85i1

.....abandoned at Mile 1289 on Alaska Highway near Northway......

This description sounds like Northway is their landmark. The yellow road is Alaska Hwy. When you zoom in on the map, there is a gas station called Naabia Niign Gas Station. Of course it may not have been there at the time. But it would make sense that his vehicle would be there. He'd need gas or he may have had car trouble.

Did someone pick him up? Did he walk off? What was the weather like there in spring 1993? Still cold at night I'm sure.

View attachment 359859

It should be here

1.png2.png3.png

Last edited:
This is a weird one there isn’t a ton of information available. My guest is that he might have been carjacked somewhere on the road between Florida or Colorado or might have stopped at a deserted rest stop to sleep somewhere in between while driving to Colorado and was murdered and the killer took his body dumped and buried it somewhere and then used the car to get to Alaska where he abandoned it. It’s the only thing i can think of unless Robert had lied about moving to Colorado and really planned to move to Alaska to escape life and disappear i can’t think of a better state to disappear and not be found then Alaska.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back