1534 users online (291 members and 1243 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Whoa!!!

Someone got hold of Nurmi's rough draft of the introduction to his book!! Here's the first page....

Trapped with Ms. Arias
    by Kirk Nurmi

Introduction.

I never sought out the fame being trapped with Ms. Arias as her attorney, even though I tried many times not to be, brought me. I am now so well known worldwide it is impossible to go unrecognized even when I go to the grocery store to buy the supplements that helped me lose so much weight. I get asked for my autograph all the time, even, dare I say, far more often than that bully prosecutor who kept throwing himself in front of the cameras because he wanted to feel like a rock star even though I kept telling Sherry that it was unconstitutional under the 4th 5th 6th amendment (note to self: look up citations on that) and would deny my client her right to a fair trial.

But let me go back for a minute. I didn't know when I was growing up that I would become one of the most famous defense attorneys not only in Arizona, but in the whole country. I didn't seek out that publicity because publicity can cause a client not to get a fair trial, and it is my job to make sure all my clients - even those I like only one day out of ten (note to self- - have secretary check to make sure I'm not violating attorney- client privilege including that).

But let me go back a minute, because this book will be about being trapped as Ms. Arias's attorney though I didn't want to do it and didn't agree at all with many things Jen said (which I can't be specific about because that would be about strategy which I'm not allowed to write about because of attorney client privilege).

The day I met the client who made me very famous who I didn't like 9 days out of ten I was wearing pink socks and a pink tie. Later, during trial, when I wore pink socks and a tie I would check Twitter to see if Wild would say they were salmon and he always did, but really I was checking Twitter to see if haters ....(close. Note to self...can't write about even that, not even my surveillance of social media because that might violate attorney client privilege, even though I didn't like my client 9 days out of 10 and felt trapped by Ms. Arias.

So let us begin by going back for a minute.....

It was sounding juicy- 'till I read this. This makes me NOT want to read it. He's still defending her in his own sick kind of way and his style is awful!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinTX View Post
    There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"
    Wow, can he get away with that?? I remember that evil corrupt Willnot saying at sentencing, "they never said TA was a pedophile" and the letters were never proven to be fake. She had to have known about the 3x5 cards in her cell. Willnot should go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    It was sounding juicy- 'till I read this. This makes me NOT want to read it. He's still defending her in his own sick kind of way and his style is awful!!!
    I think it's just a parody not the real introduction.
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    BBM ~ I would think he knew they were fake, but JA was throwing fits to "make him" bring it up in court. Can a Defence attorney let his client lie, even though he/she does not believe them? TIA.
    BBM. Not knowingly. Forgot the term- something like suborning perjury?? That's why most defense attorneys won't ask their clients if they are guilty.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

No. Jan 21, 2008 is date of pedo lie, Jan 22 is date of physical abuse /broken finger lie because of pedo lie.
    Now I'm confused again. If Jan 21 was the day she caught Travis masturbating and the date of the forged letter - how did the broken finger abuse supposedly happen on the 22nd then?

Quote Originally Posted by LinTX View Post
    There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"
    BBM
    Now I am really curious if the AG that asked for and received an unsealing of transcripts is working on all of her scams! If so, seems like a lot of people may be in trouble!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
    I think it's just a parody not the real introduction.
    you never know, he might be leaking it as a teaser...

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Yes, if he does poorly on
    Part 1", he won't release anything else, and I bet there is nothing else because of client-attorney confidentiality
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

Quote Originally Posted by franquerolane View Post
    Surely he "lawyered up" on what he could say without losing his license.
    If the special snowflake hears about it, and she will, she will be hot to trot to get a hold of her lawyers to sue him and complain to the COA. She loves to whine and complain. If she thought Juan would write bad stuff about her she knows Nurmi knows more and can hurt her a lot more. Wonder what Willnot thinks about it. Why don't that yellow journalist Kiefer interview her and ask when her book is coming out.

I believe both Nurmi and Wilnot are suffering from their disgusting defense of CMJA. In her interview she told the journalist she believed her practice would pick up?????? Who is she kidding????
    Last edited by samspace070; 11-11-2015 at 08:59 PM. Reason: sentence structure

Your own reaction shows that isn't likely.
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

But Nurmi's made career of coming into contact with people like this, and defending them. His private practice specializes in defending accused child molesters!

So I agree with your reasons, in that he's doing it to create distance between himself and Arias, but I think his motivations run much less deep.

They are not existential, they are practical.

Undoubtedly his association with Arias has damaged his reputation, but the reasons for that rest mostly on his own actions and the strategy he himself chose to follow.

Most likely, what he is now attempting to do is to throw it all onto Arias, including his own actions, and thus scrub his reputation - in order not to damage his prospects for future clients, and his image in front of future jurors.

Nah. His future clients the pedophiles and rapists won't know he exists until they're caught, and 95% of future jurors in his area lost interest in this trial before it ended, if they ever knew it was going on at all.

His willingness to dive deep deep down into sewage in order to win, seemingly with relish, only commends him to the scum who will hear about him by word of mouth, in jail, like FCA first heard of Josť Baez.

IMO he's writing this out of sheer self-absorbed pettiness. Screw him.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    Gus Scercy sure was nice to send Jodi a phone wasn't he? I think Jodi's stops at Gus's on her way to and from Mesa, had a purpose and money was always always in the equation.
    I think he was pimping her out; there had to be many tricks for he to arrive in Yreka with any kind of money. I also think she might have been bringing him stuff (marijuana bales?) in that truck, and she didn't want her mother around 'cos her mother would have found out. Plus, mom wouldn't have been interested in going to Gus's.

Nah. His future clients the pedophiles and rapists won't know he exists until they're caught, and 95% of future jurors in his area lost interest in this trial before it ended, if they ever knew it was going on at all.

His willingness to dive deep deep down into sewage in order to win, seemingly with relish, only commends him to the scum who will hear about him by word of mouth, in jail, like FCA first heard of Josť Baez.

IMO he's writing this out of sheer self-absorbed pettiness. Screw him.
    Good point!

But Nurmi's made career of coming into contact with people like this, and defending them. His private practice specializes in defending accused child molesters!

So I agree with your reasons, in that he's doing it to create distance between himself and Arias, but I think his motivations run much less deep.

They are not existential, they are practical.

Undoubtedly his association with Arias has damaged his reputation, but the reasons for that rest mostly on his own actions and the strategy he himself chose to follow.

Most likely, what he is now attempting to do is to throw it all onto Arias, including his own actions, and thus scrub his reputation - in order not to damage his prospects for future clients, and his image in front of future jurors.
    Yes, you are saying was what I have been trying to say but you're doing a better job, LOL.

I AGREE WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT!

There's no way that piece of Nurmi's isn't a parody. I don't think we should be believing it's a real draft. It exaggerates every which grammar confusion he ever had. The sentences are run on and on and on; he breaks up phrasing in weird places; phrases are plopped together; the thoughts are not arranged chronologically. Really, it doesn't make sense! Frosting on the top would be if he used JA's off vocabulary.

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast