932 users online (146 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

Enh risk of severe tstorms across portions of IA/MO/IL

Head's up to WS'ers over the pond - some severe weather being talked about over there today (severe weather is one of my interests/hobbies) - be aware over there!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

(and for those also interested but not near the affected areas, this link is good - chasers have been driving through the night to get in position https://tvnweather.com/live/)

Be safe!

Thanks for the thread start purplepixii

Been keeping my eye on this system for several days. We are expecting serious damaging winds and possible tornado activity in some of the affected areas.

Be safe friends.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Nov 12 2015, 5:26 am ET

'November Witch' Brews Nasty Weather Over Nation's Midsection

by M. Alex Johnson

It's called the "Witch of November," and it's casting its spell on millions — threatening severe gusty winds and thunderstorms across the Upper Midwest and Ohio Valley through Friday.

The November Witch is what meteorologists call the powerful low-pressure weather system that's already spawned 10 suspected tornadoes, flooded streets and knocked out power to tens of thousands across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. Parts of the Rockies saw up to a foot of snow Wednesday.

The phenomenon — which is brewed up when intense low pressure clashes with a pocket of high pressure — is what sank the ship memorialized in "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" 40 years ago...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/...ection-n461766

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    We had 71 mph winds here. There's a limb down in my driveway but that's all (as far as I can see) thankfully. I should have that cleaned up in the next hour. Two years ago in November and about 10 miles from here they had an (I heard) EF5 tornado that swept homes away right down to the foundation.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Really wicked winds are yet to arrive in Metro Detroit. For now, the winds are steady at 20-30 mph but stronger winds are predicted as the day progresses. Sporadic power outages in the tri-county area (Macomb, Oakland, Wayne). Upside to the "witch" is that there won't be any leaves left to fall, so we can finish fall cleanup this weekend Be safe.

The winds are rattling the windows in my downtown skyscraper in Ohio. I can only imagine what it's like on the upper floors - I'm so happy to be on the third!
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.