775 users online (110 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone.

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl?

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1951292005

How absolutely ridiculous! These religious nuts need to get a grip! Shame on burger king for pandering to this loony!

Quote Originally Posted by Dannysgirl
    How absolutely ridiculous! These religious nuts need to get a grip! Shame on burger king for pandering to this loony!
    I agree. The "majority" should be the decision-makers. However, it seems in this country, we are not worried about how the majority thinks or feels, it is the minority groups that seem to rule. When in Rome, do as the Romans do...

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I guess we all need a purpose!!??!!!

Okay, Ms Cass, where's the picture????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I agree. The "majority" should be the decision-makers. However, it seems in this country, we are not worried about how the majority thinks or feels, it is the minority groups that seem to rule. When in Rome, do as the Romans do...
    I agree Nan... it's getting out of hand... if it offends this guy, THEN DON'T BUY THE ICE CREAM... there are a lot of things in this world that is offending... can't please everyone...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

The last line of the article says, "If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."......so it doesn't actually look like the symbol that offends him, but it could, if it were different.

Sheesh. Go Jihad yourself, Dude.

Next the Greeks will be complaining the Dairy Queen logo looks like an evil eye