AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce;
her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed

20 October 2015

WpltXXj.jpg
mUXuad4.jpg

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce **************Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

THE little girl whose body was found in a suitcase near Wynarka has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

Her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was also brutally murdered, and dumped in Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney.

A joint investigation into their deaths has now been launched by SAPOL’s Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad.

The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined, but they were last seen in late 2008 and Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s skeletal remains were found in August 2010.

SA and NSW police today revealed that the breakthrough began on October 8 when a caller to Crime Stoppers said Khandalyce was possibly the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.

(more at the link)
ARREST.

Belanglo death: Detectives charge Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson acquaintance with murder

OCTOBER 29, 2015 9:44AM

DANIEL Holdom, 41, has appeared via video link at Maitland Court charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson.

His bail was refused and he was remanded in custody to appear at Sydney Central Local Court on November 12.

Police today have confirmed for the first time that ‘Belanglo Angel’ Karlie, 20, was killed before her daughter Khandalyce.

In a short press conference in Sydney this morning, police said Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008, and that tragically her daughter was kept alive for some time after her murder.

It comes after an acquaintance of Karlie was charged with her murder.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Daniel Holdom was taken into custody at Cessnock police station by homicide detectives at 4.15pm yesterday.

He was charged with one count of murder late last night relating to the death of the 20-year-old mother — but has not been charged over the murder of her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce.

Read more

Take Note: Daniel Holdom has been charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce Stevenson and the laws of sub judice now apply. This means that his case is under judicial consideration. His prior convictions are off limits here and any mention of them will be deleted immediately.

Do not post anything here that could be detrimental to the prosecution of this case. If there is anything you're unsure of, feel free to contact me privately.

Rules Etiquette & Information

AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread#2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

Previous Wynarka threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Mum's Thread#1

It makes me so sad to see the two images of Karlie and Khandalyce at the commencement of the threads. The little one is the image of her mum and you can just see the laughter in her eyes, just like her mum's eyes. I bet that if she had been allowed to grow up, she would likely have had her mother's nature - funny and a bit rebellious. This is such an awful and evil case, so heart breaking. I would like to think that Khandalyce died accidently and that her custodian panicked, but I don't think that is the case. (How would the custodian explain the child, with her mother gone)?

Belanglo accused to face court in January

Updated: 1:49 pm, Thursday, 12 November 2015

The alleged killer of Alice Spring mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson has had his case mentioned briefly in a Sydney court.

Holdom did not appear at the Central Local Court when the matter was mentioned and he's due to appear in court via videolink on January 28.

Prosecutors have been given eight weeks to provide Holdom's lawyers with a rough outline of the case against him.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...ce-court-in-january.html#sthash.xglRLQjg.dpuf

I wonder why he will be appearing by video link on January 28. Is that usual ? Maybe they are trying to avoid the lynch mob mentality outside the court?

"His lawyers did not apply for bail on his behalf and it was formally refused, meaning he will remain behind bars until his next court appearance". - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...ce-court-in-january.html#sthash.CiEwnDWh.dpuf

Does DH think he is safer in jail than applying for bail?
He is harder to get at inside prison.
I hope they have him well protected cos if he mysteriously dies we will never have an answer to what happened.

Obviously, he hasn't simply pleaded guilty, which in itself speaks volumes.
Oh dear :(

I wonder why he will be appearing by video link on January 28. Is that usual ? Maybe they are trying to avoid the lynch mob mentality outside the court?

"Appearance of persons in custodyMost Local Courts now have a video linkwith the state’s jails. As a consequence, forbail applications and short appearances,rather than bring the person to court theywill stay at the jail and communicate withtheir lawyers by phone and with the courtvia the video link."

The link below is quite useful for anyone who is unfamiliar with court legal proceedings in NSW.

http://www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/guides/law_handbook/pdf/Ch14_court.pdf

"His lawyers did not apply for bail on his behalf and it was formally refused, meaning he will remain behind bars until his next court appearance". - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...ce-court-in-january.html#sthash.CiEwnDWh.dpuf

Does DH think he is safer in jail than applying for bail?
He is harder to get at inside prison.
I hope they have him well protected cos if he mysteriously dies we will never have an answer to what happened.

Obviously, he hasn't simply pleaded guilty, which in itself speaks volumes.
Oh dear :(

"If the police don't want to let you go or give you bail, then you will be brought before a court where you can ask the court to give you bail.

When deciding whether to give you bail, there are two factors the court has to consider.
Whether you need to ‘show cause’
To get bail, you may or may not have to ‘show cause’. Showing cause means you have to explain to the court why locking you up is not justified. When making its decision, the court can take a lot of different things into account. If you have to show cause it means it will be harder to get bail ..."

I haven't copied it all, but it gives a good understanding on bail applications generally in the link below:

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publications/factsheets-and-resources/guide-to-bail

Another interesting and informative article regarding bail:

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/st/st24

We have both a Task force (SA) and a Strike force (NSW) involved in these two killings.
IMO it is going to be a bit more involved than just a couple of drug addled twits smoking grass and popping pills deciding to kill a mother and her little girl and defraud Centrelink of about $40,000 dollars (over 4 years.)

We have both a Task force (SA) and a Strike force (NSW) involved in these two killings.
IMO it is going to be a bit more involved than just a couple of drug addled twits smoking grass and popping pills deciding to kill a mother and her little girl and defraud Centrelink of about $40,000 dollars (over 4 years.)

Wouldn't that be because as far as investigators know, some crimes to do with this case occurred in SA and the others in NSW? Therefore, the two jurisdictions?

I suppose it would also keep transport costs down and avoid high security prisoners being outside secure facilities (ie, less opportunity to escape).

Wouldn't that be because as far as investigators know, some crimes to do with this case occurred in SA and the others in NSW? Therefore, the two jurisdictions?

From what I understand they don't always set up task forces or strike forces when investigating crimes, even if they are across state lines. Task force/strike force= lots of man/woman power = lots of money. Snowtown had a task force - task Force Chart. So did Milat - Task force Air.

MOD ALERT: I've noticed that some of you are still not abiding by the sub judice rule in this case. Please remember that any prior offences and jail time of DH is off limits here.

Before you copy and paste anything from an MSM article please make sure that there is no reference to DH's prior offences and/or jail time contained within it. Please edit any offending matter before you post.

Thank you.

As to why the victims' belongings may have been kept. As a defence in case DH was ever accused of their murder. "Khandalyce isn't dead . . . here is Khandalyce." "Don't you remember me auntie? I am your dear little Khandalyce. Here is my teddy bear that I had when I was a baby." "And that's the dress I bought for you at the Alice Springs shops! Oh you really are Khandalyce! I recognize you now--you look just like your great-grandmother did." Silly, but it worked in Greek tragedy.

So Karlie has had enough of Alice Springs and she has fallen in love with DH and wants to travel with him. Over time there is less and less contact with her family and eventually after calls and texts are unanswered she is reported missing by her mother. A text is sent to Karlie, eg "Hope you are ok darling, miss you, please let me know you are ok I have reported you missing".
DH or HP or both if they are still together decide to ring Karlie's mum and either impersonate Karlie or convince her mum that Karlie had to leave, has gone underground, there is a drug debt....
The whole family hear about the drug debt, the missing persons report is withdrawn as they don't want to get Karlie into trouble.

Five years later the grandmothers carer rings crime-stoppers and the media to repeat the rumour that probably started with DH and HP while impersonating Karlie.

I think the reason for K&K's death comes down to jealousy. Karlie is in a relationship with a man who's partner has lost a leg and two children while he was at the wheel. I am not an alleged murderer or defrauder but I would pretty ****en pissed if that was partner especially if Karlie was my friend.

The Centrelink and bank visits were both I think in 2010. Reports say HP and DH broke up after the accident but if that is the case one member of that partnership is charged with murder and the second is suspected of defrauding Centrelink (which I image takes enormous confidence). I suspect they get back together for some time.

Anyway those are just my thoughts..... oh and I remain convinced Khandalyce was alive and photographed on Christmas Day 2008.

So Karlie has had enough of Alice Springs and she has fallen in love with DH and wants to travel with him. Over time there is less and less contact with her family and eventually after calls and texts are unanswered she is reported missing by her mother. A text is sent to Karlie, eg "Hope you are ok darling, miss you, please let me know you are ok I have reported you missing".
DH or HP or both if they are still together decide to ring Karlie's mum and either impersonate Karlie or convince her mum that Karlie had to leave, has gone underground, there is a drug debt....
The whole family hear about the drug debt, the missing persons report is withdrawn as they don't want to get Karlie into trouble.

Five years later the grandmothers carer rings crime-stoppers and the media to repeat the rumour that probably started with DH and HP while impersonating Karlie.

I think the reason for K&K's death comes down to jealousy. Karlie is in a relationship with a man who's partner has lost a leg and two children while he was at the wheel. I am not an alleged murderer or defrauder but I would pretty ****en pissed if that was partner especially if Karlie was my friend.

The Centrelink and bank visits were both I think in 2010. Reports say HP and DH broke up after the accident but if that is the case one member of that partnership is charged with murder and the second is suspected of defrauding Centrelink (which I image takes enormous confidence). I suspect they get back together for some time.

Anyway those are just my thoughts..... oh and I remain convinced Khandalyce was alive and photographed on Christmas Day 2008.

Why do you remain convinced Khandalyce was alive and photographed on Christmas Day 2008?

I think one big question is did DH and Hp murder Karlie or Khandles for the money? Or were they both murdered and they were in debt, messed up or drug addicts so they took that opportunity to steal her money. IMO they are separate issues....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand they don't always set up task forces or strike forces when investigating crimes, even if they are across state lines. Task force/strike force= lots of man/woman power = lots of money. Snowtown had a task force - task Force Chart. So did Milat - Task force Air.

Oh, I misunderstood. You meant why set up task force or strike force at all. Your guess is as good as mine. The only thing I can think of is that investigators have been drawn from a number of different squads, eg; Homicide, Fraud and, possibly Sex Crimes, in this case. (I know they brought investigators from Sex Crimes and Homicide together under Strike Force Rosann in the case of William Tyrrell's suspected abduction recently.)

I know Task Force Mallee is/was the name of the team responsible for the investigation in SA. I suppose you would have to find out what their responsibilities are/were. I'm not sure if the NSWPOL Strike Force has/had the same or a different name but the same would apply to them.

I am under the impression there is now a Joint Strike Force formed between SA and NSWPOL since the DNA from Karlie's and Khandalyce's remains were matched.

It's all a little confusing.

I think one big question is did DH and Hp murder Karlie or Khandles for the money? Or were they both murdered and they were in debt, messed up or drug addicts so they took that opportunity to steal her money. IMO they are separate issues!

I reckon the second scenario is more likely. I think the fraud was a byproduct rather than the main motive, and longer they got away with siphoning off money, impersonating Karlie etc the more brazen they became. They really thought they had got away with it and would never get caught. I think that is also why the birth certificate/ clothes were kept, the more time passed, the more invincible the killer(s) felt. They probably figured that if they didn't use Karlie's money it would just sit there going to waste, and maybe alert others to the fact that she wasn't around.
Just my opinion.

MOD ALERT: Please stop posting links to cases that have absolutely nothing to do with this case. All this does is create confusion for other posters and it also derails the thread.

Please stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member