1577 users online (289 members and 1288 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Snipped with respect

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    For those who are new to this forum, here's a list of all OP's indiscretions, misdemeanours, confrontations etc. that have been published over the years. It's interesting to note the escalation from the 2012 Olympics onwards.

Oscar is a Danger to Society
    What an excellent post. Great to have all those incidents in one place. Really confirms what an angry unbalanced character OP was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    I'm here in off and on so my replies might be slow coming.

I do not think he planned to murder Reeva. If he had he'd have done a better job of concocting his story. I really believe that it was the result of a domino sequence of escalating events.

I also disagree about Dr Stipp inasmuch as he had already called Stander, Netcare and Security: all preceded by calling for help - he was never going to be able to control who arrived and when.

The final four bangs were gunshots and that is what the ear witnesses reported hearing. The cricket bat hitting the door for the final time may have been what woke Mrs Nhlengethwa. The Stipps were inside, Dr Stipp getting ready to go to the gate. They were the only people to hear the bat the first time (if it was the bat) because of their proximity and they were awake (she was, and he could only have been dozing - recall that Baba spoke to him before the shooting about the balcony window being open).

To quote Dixon (17 April 2014):
    "My Lady, what I know about the way the recording was done: the gunshots are of a much higher cracking sound, the bat is lower, doesn't travel"

He was fighting a rear guard action after the shooting.
    I tend to think (by not calling for emergency assistance - which is what anyone would do!) his idea was for Stander to take Reeva to hospital. IMO he called security because otherwise they would turn up anyway - but he did not ask them to attend?

He planned to clean up in that time before any one official arrived.

In your view, if the toilet door was not locked - why did he shoot her thru the door?

The mechanics of the shooting actually fit a deliberate attempt to create an intruder scenario - i.e shooting precisely as he entered

IMO this part all had to be changed and slowed down one the defence got access to the witness statements and realised all the screaming had been heard.

Had all this not been heard, then it could have been run much more like a realistic encounter

In his bail affadavit everything is much more fluid. He shouts to Reeva. He shouts out the intruder. He notices the open window. He hears the noise. he shoots.

In the trial version, this has to turn into extended screaming and sillyness.

IMO he knew about this kind of shooting, and thus decided in those last minutes to kill her in this staged way

Quote Originally Posted by mrjitty View Post
    I tend to think (by not calling for emergency assistance - which is what anyone would do!) his idea was for Stander to take Reeva to hospital. IMO he called security because otherwise they would turn up anyway - but he did not ask them to attend?

He planned to clean up in that time before any one official arrived.

In your view, if the toilet door was not locked - why did he shoot her thru the door?

The mechanics of the shooting actually fit a deliberate attempt to create an intruder scenario - i.e shooting precisely as he entered

IMO this part all had to be changed and slowed down one the defence got access to the witness statements and realised all the screaming had been heard.

Had all this not been heard, then it could have been run much more like a realistic encounter

In his bail affadavit everything is much more fluid. He shouts to Reeva. He shouts out the intruder. He notices the open window. He hears the noise. he shoots.

In the trial version, this has to turn into extended screaming and sillyness.

IMO he knew about this kind of shooting, and thus decided in those last minutes to kill her in this staged way
    Because he didn't plan it. She had run back into the toilet after being hit on the back with the gun handle. If she had her phone and was yelling that she was going to call the police .... He had his gun and had lost his temper and he fired the first shot as he entered the bathroom and she was closing/had just closed the toilet door.
    Last edited by Mr Fossil; 11-12-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    "O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

Have you considered that if Mr Nhlengethwa could see Security talking to the Stipps from his bedroom window then so could Oscar from the open bathroom window? This might have had an effect on his post-shooting thinking.
    "O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

Have you considered that if Mr Nhlengethwa could see Security talking to the Stipps from his bedroom window then so could Oscar from the open bathroom window? This might have had an effect on his post-shooting thinking.
    absolutely, his actions/thinking had to speed up...
    op had made no calls at this point, not even to stander... and then immediately made 4 calls very quickly.

even if he couldn't see the stipps and security conversing directly/clearly, he would have been able to hear the voices in the otherwise quiet of the early hours.

and of course the security buggy then proceeded from the stipps house - not back towards the security gate - but in the other direction. the other direction led right towards his house.

To any newcomers

Here is a useful reminder list of some the nonsense Nel weeded out during the trial. OP specifically blames his defence team for not putting in his affidavit that he heard the toilet door slam. As if a detail that crucial would have been left out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-9724393.html

If OP goes back to jail, then Matt Di Angelo can be his new and prettier lookalike.

He can stand in for him at parties and fights.

Image Courtesy TV UK MSN

http://trendymatter.com/exchange-hot...stenders-boss/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by soozieqtips; 11-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soozieqtips View Post
    I think his list of 'misdemeanours' is almost as long as the people he blamed at his trial!
    I would like to have a list of all the institutions which had requests, lawsuits, complaints, negotiations of him against them. There are many other fights, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by soozieqtips View Post
    If OP goes back to jail, then Matt Di Angelo can be his new and prettier lookalike.

He can stand in for him at parties and fights.

op.jpg op2.jpg

Image Courtesy TV UK MSN

http://trendymatter.com/exchange-hot...stenders-boss/
    Fascinating! Not prettier but mostly the same, IMO. A playmate for CP, if OP isn't available for a longer term ...

Quote Originally Posted by janicelongbright View Post
    Wow , thanks , One thing so far , I hadn't read about the injuries first hand . It turns out that there is nothing saying that splinters were integral to any bullet wounds , in fact quite the opposite :

' there were bullet wounds ......etc......and there wereadditional injuries from splinters .....

Pathologists have to be accurate with language . This language might be error, but it clearly separates bullet wounds on the one hand: splinter wounds elsewhere ... ..
    I'm sure he probably was, the problem for us as observers(most if not all of us from outside the courtroom) is that this testimony was not even allowed to be quoted let alone televised or recorded, by order of the judge. Even twitter was silenced for at least the first part iirc. Iow's, all we have is paraphrasing by those who were privy to the testimony, at least until someone is able to get a translated copy of the pathologist's report released for public consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by janicelongbright View Post
    Wow , thanks , One thing so far , I hadn't read about the injuries first hand . It turns out that there is nothing saying that splinters were integral to any bullet wounds , in fact quite the opposite :

' there were bullet wounds ......etc......and there wereadditional injuries from splinters .....

Pathologists have to be accurate with language . This language might be error, but it clearly separates bullet wounds on the one hand: splinter wounds elsewhere ... ..

Probably best not to rely on newspapers though we don't have a lot else to go on, not having Saayman's report. The newspaper reports are rarely truly accurate. You could listen to Mangena and I think it was Dixon and Wolmarans who both said the splinters were around the bullet injuries. Here are a few links. My memory of the trial tells me that the splinters were indeed associated with the gunshot wounds.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/oscar-pi...#ixzz3rI3hCqva

10:41pm: Dixon suggests Reeva must have been within 20cm of the door when Pistorius shot her, judging by the arm splinters around wounds. State claims she fell back almost a metre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3rI1KEgYv

Pistorius held his head in the dock as Wollie Wolmarans testified that the pattern of wood splinter marks around a wound on Reeva Steenkamp's right arm indicated she was between six and 20 centimetres from the door.
    This suggests, the defence claims, that Miss Steenkamp was about to open the door at the time she was struck.

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/osc...ists-testimony

Pathologist Gert Saayman took the court through Steenkamp's wounds.
    He described wounds to her head, arm and hip, indicating that there were wooden splinters surrounding the wounds.
    Last edited by Interested Bystander; 11-12-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo

Marking my spot....just wanted to say that all of you are amazing.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjitty View Post
    Interesting!
    How do you think that might have changed what OP did?

Quote Originally Posted by Trotterly View Post
    How do you think that might have changed what OP did?
    Have you found those quotes from the Judge yet?

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast