ND ND: Abandoned ashes "Adolf Scott", found 7/22/15, Fargo

creepedout

Reaction score
111215.N.UNKNOWNURN2.jpg

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3881172-fargo-church-buries-ashes-unknown-man-found-july

"Adolf Scott" is what it says on the label at the bottom of an ornate black urn that someone found in July at a north-end apartment building not far from the church.

No one has come to claim the ashes, and the coroner has been unable to locate his next of kin.

These ashes were apparently left on top of the mailboxes at a north Fargo apartment building - Edgewood Court Apartments, 3301 Broadway - on July 22, 2015. The label on the bottom contained the above name, but it doesn't appear that they're positive this is truly the name of the deceased (perhaps it's actually who was keeping them?). The amount of ashes was apparently small, suggesting either the person died as a baby or some of the ashes had been shared elsewhere. Nonetheless, searches for him or next of kin came up empty, and the remains were turned over to St. Stephen's Episcopal Church for burial.

The label on the bottom of the urn is most likely the individual inside the urn. This is done to make sure that the correct ashes are put in the correct urn. There would have also been a tag with matching information with the body itself.

Also there is a fair chance that Adolf is a nickname for Adolphus. Scott is also a surname that is often associated with African Americans (not exclusively obviously). The small amount of ashes in the urn can also be attributed to divided ashes between multiple urns as is done sometimes with multiple children or family members. Some religions do not allow for the separation of ashes but others do.

I have found one possible candidate out of Minneapolis, MN, which is about 3 hours from Fargo, ND. I do not know if this gentleman is still living but he has a pretty distinct middle name that makes him easily found on the internet. There are a few relatives or names associated with him.

I am unsure how to go about letting the right people know about this particular possibility. I could be completely wrong about this person so do not want to make any mistakes.

From the article in the first post--
And a portion of the ashes appear to be missing, but it's also possible that Scott died as a baby, or that his ashes were shared among family members

Is it possible that Adolf Scott was a pet? I could totally see someone naming their dog or cat Adolf.

Perhaps the pet's owner passed on and the urn with Adolf's ashes went to the next of kin. And then the next of kin didn't know what to do with it. The urn is too nice to throw away. Maybe they just left it out in case anyone in the apartment complex wanted it.

MOO

From the article in the first post--

Is it possible that Adolf Scott was a pet? I could totally see someone naming their dog or cat Adolf.

Perhaps the pet's owner passed on and the urn with Adolf's ashes went to the next of kin. And then the next of kin didn't know what to do with it. The urn is too nice to throw away. Maybe they just left it out in case anyone in the apartment complex wanted it.

MOO
Pedigree pets have middle names.

I wonder if it is possible that the surname was listed first and his name was Scott Adolf? MOO
I have found a record on find a grave for a Wilbert S. Adolf, who died 4 Mar 2014 Morton County, North Dakota, USA.... if someone can find out if he was cremated there is possible some of the ashes were buried.

Here it is: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/125905625#

I have also located death records for a few Adolf Scott's which dont give much by way of information.

#1 Adolf Scott d. Michigan 1928

#2 Adolf Scott d. Long beach, CA approx April 2005

This third one is a different spelling of the last name if it is Scott:

#3 Adolph Schott - Montana, 1989

Now I know alot of these might be long shots but I thought it was worth posting. I have a premium account over on ancestry which allows me to search death records.

The company that makes that specific urn per the internet is LoveUrns and they have only been in business since 2011. So granted ashes could have been transferred from one urn to another, but this specific urn has only been for sale from 2011 until now (they are currently still being sold).

Long shot: A spokeo search of everyone with the names Adolf Scott in them listed several. Most were from warmer areas. The cold weather one was a Gerald Adolf Scott in his mid-70's from Adams, MN. It's a long shot, but this person could possibly either be named after the deceased or vice versa. Just some quick stuff I came up with while at work tonight.

This is really so strange and sad too. I wonder if someone in the building was moving out and left them behind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back