1087 users online (259 members and 828 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *ARREST*

This past Thursday, Rockford police responded to a call for a missing two-year-old boy, Kyrian Knox. It's unclear when Kyrian was seen last, but it's believed he was in the care of a family friend before he disappeared.

Rockford police are investigating. Kyrian is described as an African American male, approximately 30 inches, 35 pounds, he has low cut black hair and brown eyes.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/M...328454341.html

http://www.wrex.com/story/30074890/2...ing-2-year-old

Thread #1

Social Media Discussion

**NOTE:** What's posted in the PL Social Media Discussion thread, stays in the PL thread.

Unidentified Thread (prior to his being ID'd)
    Last edited by tlcya; 11-13-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add links for OP

There is quite a bit of information in this article but I want to highlight Kyrian's daycare provider's experience with him. I watched a child for 2 years (nearly every day for 10-12 hours) and it is amazing the attachment you grow to have when they are such a large part of your day for so long. I really feel for this woman.

Remains found in Chicago lagoon confirmed as missing Rockford toddler

Carolyn Jones Calvert, who lives a few blocks from the Garfield Park lagoon where Kyrian's remains were found, said Kyrian was a "very happy, active baby." She was his day care provider in her home starting Oct. 23, 2014, for about five months.

She said he'd repeat some of the words to the song "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" after she'd sing it to him. "He talked well" for his age, she said. "He would grab my neck and hold me so tight."

Calvert said she cared for Kyrian when his mother was working and going to school for up to 12 hours a day. She stopped caring for Kyrian when Knox wanted Calvert to watch him for even more hours because she was going to get another job. But Calvert said Knox was upset with her that she didn't want to watch Kyrian for 16 hours a day.

Calvert said Knox lived about a mile and a half from the lagoon with her grandmother when Calvert cared for Kyrian. "I go by that lagoon every day," Calvert said, her voice breaking with emotion.
    http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

Kamel Harris, 40, of Rockford, may be one of the last people to see Kyrian alive. His name was on a missing-person flyer distributed by the family. A day or two after Kyrian was reported missing, Harris was arrested and jailed on a burglary charge.

Contacted at that time in the Winnebago County Jail, Harris said that Lanisha Knox, a friend of his daughter, dropped Kyrian off at his Rockford home in August with a pack of diapers and $30. “What the hell am I supposed to do with $30 and a pack of diapers? I didn’t even know her,” Harris said in a telephone interview from jail. “She just dropped him off and left.”

Harris was fuzzy on dates. He said Kyrian arrived in early August and was picked up later in the month when people he didn’t know arrived at his door. “The little boy ran to him and was all happy,” Harris said. Harris said he spoke to Lanisha Knox before releasing the child to the visitors.

Harris’ girlfriend, Danyelle Foggs, 34, said she was not present when Kyrian arrived and was not present when he left. However, she said she received a text message from Lanisha Knox on Sept. 17 saying she wanted to talk to her son. “I said, ‘What? I’m lost. What do you mean?’”

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, Aug-Sept 2015 #2

ROCKFORD — Danyelle Foggs' tears are as much for her own children as for a toddler who lived with her and is now confirmed dead.

"A part of me hasn't stopped crying," she said Thursday. "I don't know how to feel."

[...]

Foggs, 34, seemed to express more anger than sorrow over the unfolding events. She said she considered it a "big ol' slap in the face" when Lanisha Knox and Shakela Harris made arrangements for Kamel Harris to watch their children without her knowledge. She and Kamel Harris are no longer together.

"They decided to bring their children here," she said. "He says 'Yes.' And now I don't have my own children. I've been a mother since I was 13 years old, and now I don't have my own children because of these two girls. "

http://www.journalstandard.com/artic...NEWS/151109685
    Last edited by tlcya; 11-13-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Thank you tlcya!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post

She said he'd repeat some of the words to the song "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" after she'd sing it to him. "He talked well" for his age, she said. "He would grab my neck and hold me so tight."
    If Kyrian talked well, why would have he remained silent during the phone calls with his mom? and why mom didn't see anything wrong with it?

Carolyn Jones Calvert, who lives a few blocks from the Garfield Park lagoon where Kyrian's remains were found, said Kyrian was a "very happy, active baby." She was his day care provider in her home starting Oct. 23, 2014, for about five months.
    Carolyn also said Lanisha lived a mile and a half from the lagoon. Is it a coincidence that Kyrian's body ended up in the area known to his mother?
    Last edited by Hexe; 11-13-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    If Kyrion talked well, why would have he remained silent during the phone calls with his mom? and why mom didn't see anything wrong with it?

Carolyn also said Lanisha lived a mile and a half from the lagoon. Is it a coincidence that Kyrion's body ended up in the area known to his mother?
    And why would Lanisha have said that he hasn't started talking yet?

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/chica...24801/TextView

"He just made 2 years old August 5th, he hasn't started talking yet."

http://www.mystateline.com/news/publ...or-kyrian-knox

This Sunday at noon, a public remembrance for Kyrian at the lagoon.

This has to be one of the strangest cases I have ever followed.

Saying you have identified a POI but not actually identifying that person to the media. Why even come out and say you have identified a POI? IMO KH was a POI from day one. I think KH will become a suspect once the ME announces the KY died in a homicidal manner, if that can be determined.

Hopefully the residence where KH was watching KY has been or will be searched and blood evidence can be found, tying KH to the crime.

JMO

Comments/screenshots are interesting here:

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForge...3ukO_IKK_LKN5d
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Comments/screenshots are interesting here:

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForge...3ukO_IKK_LKN5d
    Is it possible that Danyelle genuinely thought KH was telling the truth that someone connected to Lanisha had picked up Kyrian? Could that be why Danyelle keeps inferring that Lanisha knows more than she's telling?

When KH got out of jail, Danyelle seemed happy/boasting about it. A few weeks later she's left him...

Reading the initial missing report from Lanisha again, and remembering that the ex-babysitter said she saw the sketch and immediately thought of Kyrian, makes my hinky meter go up thinking why Lanisha insisted that Kyrian's hair was "low cut". I recall recently the ex-babysitter saying that Lanisha insisted that the sketch was NOT Kyrian.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Still no news on this case?
    Marking my spot...

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Still no news on this case?
    Marking my spot...
    Nope.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast