IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
This past Thursday, Rockford police responded to a call for a missing two-year-old boy, Kyrian Knox. It's unclear when Kyrian was seen last, but it's believed he was in the care of a family friend before he disappeared.

Rockford police are investigating. Kyrian is described as an African American male, approximately 30 inches, 35 pounds, he has low cut black hair and brown eyes.

8840867_G.jpg
attachment.php

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html

http://www.wrex.com/story/30074890/2015/09/20/rockford-police-looking-for-missing-2-year-old

Thread #1

Social Media Discussion

**NOTE:** What's posted in the PL Social Media Discussion thread, stays in the PL thread.

Unidentified Thread (prior to his being ID'd)

There is quite a bit of information in this article but I want to highlight Kyrian's daycare provider's experience with him. I watched a child for 2 years (nearly every day for 10-12 hours) and it is amazing the attachment you grow to have when they are such a large part of your day for so long. I really feel for this woman.

Remains found in Chicago lagoon confirmed as missing Rockford toddler

Carolyn Jones Calvert, who lives a few blocks from the Garfield Park lagoon where Kyrian's remains were found, said Kyrian was a "very happy, active baby." She was his day care provider in her home starting Oct. 23, 2014, for about five months.

She said he'd repeat some of the words to the song "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" after she'd sing it to him. "He talked well" for his age, she said. "He would grab my neck and hold me so tight."

Calvert said she cared for Kyrian when his mother was working and going to school for up to 12 hours a day. She stopped caring for Kyrian when Knox wanted Calvert to watch him for even more hours because she was going to get another job. But Calvert said Knox was upset with her that she didn't want to watch Kyrian for 16 hours a day.

Calvert said Knox lived about a mile and a half from the lagoon with her grandmother when Calvert cared for Kyrian. "I go by that lagoon every day," Calvert said, her voice breaking with emotion.

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

Kamel Harris, 40, of Rockford, may be one of the last people to see Kyrian alive. His name was on a missing-person flyer distributed by the family. A day or two after Kyrian was reported missing, Harris was arrested and jailed on a burglary charge.

Contacted at that time in the Winnebago County Jail, Harris said that Lanisha Knox, a friend of his daughter, dropped Kyrian off at his Rockford home in August with a pack of diapers and $30. “What the hell am I supposed to do with $30 and a pack of diapers? I didn’t even know her,” Harris said in a telephone interview from jail. “She just dropped him off and left.”

Harris was fuzzy on dates. He said Kyrian arrived in early August and was picked up later in the month when people he didn’t know arrived at his door. “The little boy ran to him and was all happy,” Harris said. Harris said he spoke to Lanisha Knox before releasing the child to the visitors.

Harris’ girlfriend, Danyelle Foggs, 34, said she was not present when Kyrian arrived and was not present when he left. However, she said she received a text message from Lanisha Knox on Sept. 17 saying she wanted to talk to her son. “I said, ‘What? I’m lost. What do you mean?’”

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

ROCKFORD — Danyelle Foggs' tears are as much for her own children as for a toddler who lived with her and is now confirmed dead.

"A part of me hasn't stopped crying," she said Thursday. "I don't know how to feel."

[...]

Foggs, 34, seemed to express more anger than sorrow over the unfolding events. She said she considered it a "big ol' slap in the face" when Lanisha Knox and Shakela Harris made arrangements for Kamel Harris to watch their children without her knowledge. She and Kamel Harris are no longer together.

"They decided to bring their children here," she said. "He says 'Yes.' And now I don't have my own children. I've been a mother since I was 13 years old, and now I don't have my own children because of these two girls. "

http://www.journalstandard.com/article/20151105/NEWS/151109685

Thank you tlcya!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

She said he'd repeat some of the words to the song "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" after she'd sing it to him. "He talked well" for his age, she said. "He would grab my neck and hold me so tight."

If Kyrian talked well, why would have he remained silent during the phone calls with his mom? and why mom didn't see anything wrong with it?

Carolyn Jones Calvert, who lives a few blocks from the Garfield Park lagoon where Kyrian's remains were found, said Kyrian was a "very happy, active baby." She was his day care provider in her home starting Oct. 23, 2014, for about five months.

Carolyn also said Lanisha lived a mile and a half from the lagoon. Is it a coincidence that Kyrian's body ended up in the area known to his mother?

If Kyrion talked well, why would have he remained silent during the phone calls with his mom? and why mom didn't see anything wrong with it?

Carolyn also said Lanisha lived a mile and a half from the lagoon. Is it a coincidence that Kyrion's body ended up in the area known to his mother?

And why would Lanisha have said that he hasn't started talking yet?

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/chicago-tribune/20150924/281530814824801/TextView

"He just made 2 years old August 5th, he hasn't started talking yet."

This has to be one of the strangest cases I have ever followed.

Saying you have identified a POI but not actually identifying that person to the media. Why even come out and say you have identified a POI? IMO KH was a POI from day one. I think KH will become a suspect once the ME announces the KY died in a homicidal manner, if that can be determined.

Hopefully the residence where KH was watching KY has been or will be searched and blood evidence can be found, tying KH to the crime.

JMO

Reading the initial missing report from Lanisha again, and remembering that the ex-babysitter said she saw the sketch and immediately thought of Kyrian, makes my hinky meter go up thinking why Lanisha insisted that Kyrian's hair was "low cut". I recall recently the ex-babysitter saying that Lanisha insisted that the sketch was NOT Kyrian.

35a921d9df1ea1944380fc021ddaabb0.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awaiting answers and more importantly justice for Kyrian.

The title of the article and the lack of information leads me to believe LE thinks he's responsible - not that he just knows something.
JMO

I would agree.. I think the biggest obstacle for LE is to determine if he acted alone or were other people involved. So emphasizing "they just want to talk to him and that he isn't being charged" allows them to still put the pieces together.

I don't blame LE... there are too many suspects and they all have a motive. I am sure they want to make sure he didn't have an accomplice(s). To have possibly commited such a heinous crime by himself, and D going to Chicago with him around the time body was placed in lagoon . THEN S&L takes him back to Chicago for plasma approx. 2 days after that. Yet no one knew or smelled anything is possible but very strange.

They will need to be sure of the charge, and if he acted alone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Why didn't Rockford police interview him about Ky's disappearance when he was in their custody on an unrelated burglary charge??!! At that time, the grandma was screaming all over the news that Kamel knew something!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back