1133 users online (198 members and 935 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TN - Ava Zechiel, 16, Cherokee National Forest, 11 Nov 2015

Ava Zechiel

Search for girl missing from boarding school in 2nd day
    "The search for a 16-year-old who disappeared Wednesday while hiking with a group from school is now in its second full day.

Friday morning, the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department reported the search for Ava Zechiel has been conducted using ground teams as well as aircraft, but nothing had been found.

Her group was in the Shady Valley area, in the Iron Mountain Trial. That’s near Big Oak Flats.

Authorities described the area as very rural, rugged, with some dangerous areas, located in the Cherokee National Forest."

http://m.wcyb.com/news/Search-for-gi...d-day/36426808
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Worrisome. Hope she is safe!
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Another child missing from a national park? I really hope and pray this one is found safe. She must be scared to death.
    MOO

Hope they find her before tonight, it's supposed to get cold there tonight.

I wonder if she was happy at the school? Reading the description, it sounds very coded for a place to ship your troubled teens.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Is this an "outward Bound" type of school? In any event these National Park missing cases are off the hook. Should be illegal to go into wilderness without a flare gun, whistle, GPS and a rope attaching you to the persons before and behind you. (And I'm only half kidding)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://freedommountainacademy.com/

This is the school ^^^^
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    I wonder if she was happy at the school? Reading the description, it sounds very coded for a place to ship your troubled teens.
    She was home last spring and in July, at least, from what I can tell.

So it looks like maybe since fall?

Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    Is this an "outward Bound" type of school? In any event these National Park missing cases are off the hook. Should be illegal to go into wilderness without a flare gun, whistle, GPS and a rope attaching you to the persons before and behind you. (And I'm only half kidding)

Outward Bound is an outfit that does camping and hiking programs for underprivileged children. I'll agree with you about the whistle, when I took my children out when they were younger we all carried whistles. That was quite a while before GPS though.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Outward Bound is an outfit that does camping and hiking programs for underprivileged children. I'll agree with you about the whistle, when I took my children out when they were younger we all carried whistles. That was quite a while before GPS though.
    Thanks. I couldn't remember. There was an outward bound type of program for troubled youths also that teens could choose in lieu of Juvie hall. I just can't remember. I'm not saying that's what this is. But the blog reminds me somewhat of it. I'm all ish for brains lately and can't remember the name.

"While there are large common areas, many students are unfamiliar with setting and respecting boundaries, so private rooms ensure they have a space for themselves."
    http://freedommountainacademy.com/environment/

^^ From the school's website. I do think there is some type of reform or disciplinary element to this school.
    I'm sure it's getting cold up there at night, and this is day two. I don't want her to spend another night out there in the woods, if that's where she is. There's no chance she could have planned an escape to a relatively nearby road from which she could have hitchhiked or been picked up, is there? (I'm not familiar with the area, obviously).
    Just my opinion!

http://freedommountainacademy.com/ex...-two-by-ava-z/

Here is a recent post by Ava on the school's website.
    Just my opinion!

I have a lot of feelings on this one - Ava seems like an LGBT youth from her limited SM presence, and I am concerned that wouldn't jive with the academy. I have nothing to really support how the academy might treat homosexual-identifying youth, but their website and some of the language used makes me wonder if she didn't end up there on an effort to "fix her". Total speculation, but it's the first thing I thought of while looking it over. As a young lesbian struggling to figure myself out, I think a segregating environment away from things like the Internet (which can sometimes be the only place you feel normal or accepted), would have been my personal nightmare.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast