Found Deceased MN - Martise Windom, 38, Savage, 7 November 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Martise Demond Windom
windom%20_OP_2_CP__1447460306858_478443_ver1.0.jpg

MISSING: 38-year-old youth basketball coach last seen in Savage, Minn.
"Savage police are asking for the public’s help in finding Martise Demond Windom, 38, who was last seen in Savage, Minn. on Nov. 7.

Windom is a youth basketball coach in Lakeville. He has missed several practices and games since his disappearance."

http://www.fox9.com/news/48607635-story

Martise Windom, is a father of two young children and his family and friends say he would never leave on his own.

Police, along with volunteer searchers, focused their efforts on a wooded area behind Windom’s town home near Virginia Ave and 145th Street, but found no sign of the 38-year-old.

so here is a recap from the news above
lives in Savage mn
last seen in Saturday November 7 (time unknown)
left by foot to go for walk/jog
wearing black sweat suit and white shoes
reported missing 3 days later (IMO Tuesday 11/10)
on news 1st time Friday November 13
website up and helicopter/family search - Saturday November 14
police/k-9 then United Legacy/family search - Sunday November 15
sounds like he had his cell phone with him
God son is family's spokesperson
Virginia Ave and 145th St. in Savage

His details
race is black
38 yo
6' 2"
240 lb
muscular built
father of 2 young boys
not married but lives with GF at townhouse
entrepreneur
coaches youth basketball

IMO - looking at the area in Savage
lots of paved trails - many without homes around
water - 1 major lake = Prior Lake which is mostly residential; no walking trails but streets
swamps and wetlands and a creek and farmland the farther south you go
3 miles away is a very large park reserve
6 miles north is the MN river
if he got seriously injuries while jogging, he could be anywhere

I have one of my LE classes on Monday nights, and my professor is an officer with the Savage police department. Class goes til 9p, tonight he got a text at 7:15p and told us he had to leave and class was over. That mean it was some kind of police business I'm sure as the other times he had to cancel were for other police matters. I just pray it wasn't something to do with this story, like they found his body or something.

Also this happened, and I can't find that they've released any details on ID yet. But that's not in the same area, and if he left jogging it wouldn't make sense. I think there is someone missing in St. Paul too. Either way, horrible story. Too many bad things happening here lately.

http://www.fox9.com/news/49191718-story

I have one of my LE classes on Monday nights, and my professor is an officer with the Savage police department. Class goes til 9p, tonight he got a text at 7:15p and told us he had to leave and class was over. That mean it was some kind of police business I'm sure as the other times he had to cancel were for other police matters. I just pray it wasn't something to do with this story, like they found his body or something.

Also this happened, and I can't find that they've released any details on ID yet. But that's not in the same area, and if he left jogging it wouldn't make sense. I think there is someone missing in St. Paul too. Either way, horrible story. Too many bad things happening here lately.

http://www.fox9.com/news/49191718-story
He may have been going to assist the incident from BLM protest shutting down hwy. 94. The news said they called in assistance from 24 different agencies.

yes - who would guess that 94 would be shut down

still searching in Savage - no clues yet
http://www.swnewsmedia.com/savage_p...5be7-b6d8-abaebdcf622b.html#facebook-comments

IMO the weather isn't helping the search
they are searching around Savage Community Park (tall grass, forest, lake besides trails, ball parks, skate park, tennis courts, sport dome). this is about 2.6 miles from his home. LE must know something

they have switched to a different FB account. 1st was a public group and now a community to get more awareness.
the family wants the 1st one taken down due hurtful speculation and questions being asked.

new FB site for sharing and search organizations
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindmartise/

update to my 11/16 recap:
correction: was wearing - black shoes (not white)
also had wallet with him
no activity on cell phone or credit cards since 11/7 missing

IMO
1st FB group friends were inquiring about normal questions like we do here.... last time someone saw him/talked to him, phone activity/ping/why phone is dead, why reported missing 2-3 days later?, why didn't they hear until 13th?, have they checked nearby home/businesses security cameras, did he have fight with live in GF?, where were his 2 kids that he has custody of? where was live in GF? did they search his townhome? computer?

they are still doing volunteer searches and Savage Police is conducting the investigation. there has been no word besides that nothing criminal at this point. family has stated they were worried about his health.

Still no sign of missing man from Savage

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/savage_p...cle_0e88b500-6a72-51d2-b2ac-dcb61308113c.html

Savage police have sought warrants in order to get a look at Windom’s email accounts, social media accounts, Google search records, medical records and cell phone records in an attempt to find some information that might point them in the right direction. As of Wednesday, Nov. 25, there have been no leads as to where Windom might be.

this article answered some of my questions.... still so sad. the snow will falling soon.

He has a credit recovery business - is that what we would call a debt collector here in Australia?

With the holidays approaching and with two kids, I just don't think he would have voluntarily disappeared.

I have a good friend who lives very close to the area Windom went missing from. I'll ask her about the local public response and the surrounding region, if I get anything noteworthy I'll update here.

Both an update and a bump - my friend lives only about ten minutes from where Windom went missing, but she says she hasn't heard anything about his disappearance. Makes me sad :facepalm:

Why is it some people get coverage in a disappearance, while others get much less. Today's online story about Martise said there have been only 10-20 people helping with searches. Maybe it's too much holiday season? Maybe BLM Minneapolis protesters could re-direct their efforts in a more positive way by looking for Martise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back