892 users online (187 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CT - Christine McGugan, 48, Stonington, 12 Nov 2015

Christine McGugan

Stonington police search for missing woman
    "Stonington — Police Friday morning issued a Silver Alert for a missing 48-year-old woman who last seen Thursday.
    Christine McGugan is described as a white female with red hair and brown eyes. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing a gray sweater and black tights."

http://www.theday.com/policefirecour...-missing-woman
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Not much here but for what it's worth:
    https://www.facebook.com/ccmcgugan
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

There isn't a whole lot to go on, but I found this short article, which states what kind of car she may be driving:

Police said she may be driving a green, 2003 Chevy Tahoe with license plate number 719SBV.
    I am curious as to what the age is set at in order to activate a "Silver Alert"? This woman is only 48 years old? Does society consider that to be a senior citizen? If so, I am 46 and I now feel quite ancient!
    “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice,
    but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”― Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SMartian View Post
    There isn't a whole lot to go on, but I found this short article, which states what kind of car she may be driving:

Can't read the article without taking a survey and signing up
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by beachlvr0810 View Post
    Can't read the article without taking a survey and signing up
    It didn't make me take one? That is terrible. I am sorry about that. There wasn't much to it other than her description and the date she went missing. I posted the part about the car because it was the only thing I could find that was new.
    “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice,
    but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”― Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SMartian View Post

I am curious as to what the age is set at in order to activate a "Silver Alert"? This woman is only 48 years old? Does society consider that to be a senior citizen? If so, I am 46 and I now feel quite ancient!
    You're safe - not ancient yet! ha ha

While it is used primarily with older folk, it's also used in many cases where someone of any age has dementia or some other mental delay/disability/etc., or at times with mental illness. Every once in awhile even for just flat out medical issues.

We've had a couple younger people (younger than Christine by a fair bit) with a silver alert recently so its use seems to continue to expand. Here's one from earlier this week on a teen http://www.fayobserver.com/news/stat...54b1ff79f.html

Connecticut Silver Alerts

A Silver Alert is a public notification system in the United States to broadcast information about missing persons. According to Connecticut Police Officer Standards and Training Policy for Handling Missing Persons Investigations, “Silver Alert is an alert system for persons who are under the age of 18 but do not meet the criteria of Amber, adult persons with a mental impairment or medical condition and any person over the age 65.

http://wtnh.com/news/connecticut-silver-alerts/

So we have to assume then that she has a mental impairment or requires daily medication. And that would be most people in their late 40's, I would think.

I live in north stonington (and these are small rural communities) and there's not much talk about this yet. I don't know her but we have some mutual friends. We are around a lot of water, and have no shortage of woods or back roads. If not for the Paris news this would probably be consuming my fb feed. It's good she seems to have a car at least, it is very windy/cold here today.

I wonder who reported her missing...is she married? Does she have children?

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    So we have to assume then that she has a mental impairment or requires daily medication. And that would be most people in their late 40's, I would think.
    I don't have specific numbers but I don't think this is true. I'm about her age and most people I know (of all ages) don't require daily medication, and I know very few people in their late 40s who have mental impairments. I think the Silver Alert exists for specific cases and she fits the criteria for some reason. Most people her age would simply be missing.

http://wtnh.com/2015/11/14/family-as...nington-woman/. Her sister, Kate, tells News 8 that information found on Christine’s phone may indicate she is traveling from Westerly to New Hampshire. In this case, Christine may either be driving her Tahoe, or traveling by way of public transportation.

Christine McGugan was last seen at Lawrence+Memorial Hospital on Thursday around noon. She was in a counseling session when she left without signing out.

She is the mother of three girls, Charlotte, 11, Georgia, 16, and Anna, 18. Marie Tyler Wiley, a local minister who knew Christine, tells News 8 she is “a dear friend, and a beautiful woman.”

Quote Originally Posted by gdeyefaith View Post
    http://wtnh.com/2015/11/14/family-as...nington-woman/. Her sister, Kate, tells News 8 that information found on Christine’s phone may indicate she is traveling from Westerly to New Hampshire. In this case, Christine may either be driving her Tahoe, or traveling by way of public transportation.

Christine McGugan was last seen at Lawrence+Memorial Hospital on Thursday around noon. She was in a counseling session when she left without signing out.

She is the mother of three girls, Charlotte, 11, Georgia, 16, and Anna, 18. Marie Tyler Wiley, a local minister who knew Christine, tells News 8 she is “a dear friend, and a beautiful woman.”
    This gives me a very bad feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I don't have specific numbers but I don't think this is true. I'm about her age and most people I know (of all ages) don't require daily medication, and I know very few people in their late 40s who have mental impairments. I think the Silver Alert exists for specific cases and she fits the criteria for some reason. Most people her age would simply be missing.
    I didn't make myself clear here. I would think most people nearing 50 take some type of medication daily. Maybe not. But with cholesterol problems, high blood pressure and anxiety at record levels these days, I would think its not that uncommon for someone who is 48 to be taking medication.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I didn't make myself clear here. I would think most people nearing 50 take some type of medication daily. Maybe not. But with cholesterol problems, high blood pressure and anxiety at record levels these days, I would think its not that uncommon for someone who is 48 to be taking medication.
    You must be young.

Anyway missing a dose or two of cholesterol, thyroid, arthritis, or high blood pressure medication isn't a big deal. Psych meds or insulin would be. I think she's on something serious and that's behind the Silver Alert status.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast