1135 users online (266 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Nick Stevens, 22, San Clemente, 6 Nov 2015

Nick Stevens

22-YEAR-OLD MAN REPORTED MISSING IN SAN CLEMENTE
    "Search teams with the Orange County Sheriff's Department scoured an area in San Clemente where Nick Stevens was last seen a week ago.

"It's suspicious. I don't think it's usual for somebody to, essentially, fall off the face of the earth," OCSD Lt. Jeff Hallock said.

The 22 year old, who is a landscape architect, graduated from the University of West Virginia last May.

Stevens just moved to San Clemente a few months ago to start a new job. His close-knit family has traveled to the Southland from New York, desperate to find him."

http://abc7.com/news/22-year-old-man...mente/1084027/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

His father spoke with his son just hours before he disappeared on Nov. 6. "He told me he was out with his co-workers," he said. "I said, 'Nick be safe.'" Stevens visited a couple of bars with his co-workers, who say he had been drinking but appeared to be ok. He got a lift home, however, Stevens had trouble remembering his address. He then asked the driver if he could be dropped off at a 7-Eleven at 1802 N. El Camino Real.

"As far as we know the 7-Eleven was the last place he ended up," his father said. Surveillance video shows Stevens going into the 7-Eleven then leaving and walking eastbound, heading up Avenido Pico, which is in the direction of his apartment that is two miles away.

But he never made it home.

"No activity on his bank accounts, nothing on his cellphone, no social media," Hallock said. "His vehicle doesn't appear to have been moved."

http://abc7.com/news/22-year-old-man...mente/1084027/

Deputies canvassing San Clemente neighborhood for 22-year-old man who went missing last week. Orange County Sheriff’s Department officials were searching about a mile-stretch of neighborhood starting at 8 a.m. Friday on Avenida Pico between El Camino Real and the I-5 freeway for Nick Stevens, a 22-year-old New York native who moved to San Clemente three months ago.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...te-friday.html

5' 3" and only 100 pounds might make him an easy target.

I live 10 minutes from this 7-11 and although the surrounding area is upscale and busy ... Remember it is a block from the beach and yards from the Amtrak station so.....after dark shady characters gather here...I sure hope we find more video surveillance

@OCSD "Approx 12:30 p.m. OCSD K9 team located deceased male in San Clemente. Investigation ongoing. No ID."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    @OCSD "Approx 12:30 p.m. OCSD K9 team located deceased male in San Clemente. Investigation ongoing. No ID."
    http://www.sanclementetimes.com/unid...nel-near-schs/

Oh no!😢ooh this is so sad.
    Would the body look so bad so soon as to not know if it's him? Weird.
    I do think it's him. So very sad.

the 7- 11 to the triton baseball field is a direct route on e avenida pico. the bb field is directly behind the McDonald's which has a wooded area that separates the two. it's directly off I-5.
    .9 miles , about 20 minutes to walk

IMO what kind of person does this???

Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Oh no!😢ooh this is so sad.
    Would the body look so bad so soon as to not know if it's him? Weird.
    I do think it's him. So very sad.
    I don't know, but eight days is quite a while. The temperatures were probably fairly warm and there might have been water in the drainage ditch. Heart breaking

“Because of the condition of the body, we’re unable to tell quite a few factors, so we really won’t be able to (report) anything until the Coroner’s Office is able to examine the body,” said Carrie Braun, public affairs manager for OCSD, adding it could be Monday before a determination is made.
    http://www.sanclementetimes.com/unid...nel-near-schs/
    It's a sad day for some family.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    They know good and damn well if it's him or not......they're just doing what they like to do....stall.

You'd think there would be an embarrassment factor in there somewhere, but apparently not.

"Well, the shirt, pants, and shoes match with what he was last reported wearing. The watch is the same brand he had. We have a wallet with an I.D. in it as well as a cell phone. The hair color and approximate height and weight match up. We really aren't sure who it is we have here, we'll have to get back with you".
    Last edited by steelman; 11-15-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    They know good and damn well if it's him or not......they're just doing what they like to do....stall.

You'd think there would be an embarrassment factor in there somewhere, but apparently not.

"Well, the shirt, pants, and shoes match with what he was last reported wearing. The watch is the same brand he had. We have a wallet with an I.D. in it as well as a cell phone. The hair color and approximate height and weight match up. We really aren't sure who it is we have here, we'll have to get back with you".
    I'll expect they have to cover all the bases. Just because a body has all the right stuff with it they still have to make a positive ID before they can say who he or she is.

It's confirmed to be Nick.

CBS Los Angeles Verified account
    ‏@CBSLA

Body found in San Clemente flood control channel ID’d as missing 22 y/o Nick Stevens: http://cbsloc.al/1RXpG9T

Of course they know it is him but they aren't going to tell the media before they tell his family. When relatives find out about a positive ID of their loved ones by the media people complain about LE not telling the family first.....when LE holds off on identifying someone to the media until the family is notified people complain about stalling and say they should be embarrassed. Life moved along just fine for the rest of us when we waited for a positive ID. I would rather our LE do it right and hold off than rush information to the media and botch an investigation or act in an insensitive way to family members. MOO.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast