1472 users online (328 members and 1144 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GA - Abbey Hebert, 17, stabbed to death, Acworth, 14 Nov 2015

Police say, officers responded to the 3100 block of Blowing Wind Court in Acworth, Georgia at 8:49 a.m. Saturday.
    Officers found Abbey Hebert, 17, stabbed to death in the home's yard.
    According to police, Olivia Smith, 18, of Canton, Georgia was found near the body and arrested.

Police are holding Smith at the Cobb County Adult Detention Center. She is being held without bond and is charged with felony murder.
    Several students gathered at Allatoona High School for a vigil to honor the memory of Hebert.

"She was just an outgoing young lady, just a great kid, well liked by everyone," Allatoona High School Principal John Kelly said.
    The school plans to have grief counselors on campus Monday.
    5 15.3K 28 16K

https://shar.es/15FSdg

My daughter knows both girls. This is an awful tragedy for both families.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

wow, a beautiful girl. Reminds me a bit of Holly Bobo, at first blush. Young, blonde, beautiful, outgoing, well liked in the community. How devastating for her family.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...rl-17-i/npNdf/

Olivia Smith, 18, was arrested but I do not know if she is charged yet

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...acworth/npNQg/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tlcya; 11-16-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Cobb County police Officer Alicia Chilton said officers responded to a home on the 3100 block of Blowing Wind Court near Acworth at about 8:50 a.m. They found the victim, identified as Abbey Hebert, dead in the front yard.The suspect in Hebert’s death, 18-year-old Olivia Smith, was taken into custody at the scene and has been charged with felony murder, Chilton said. Smith is being held at the Cobb County jail without bond.http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...ty-home/npNMP/

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Oh my. How incredibly sad and tragic. Georgia Girl, would you please update us when you get more info? Prayers to both families and all of these girls' friends.

Attachment 84380
    Olivia Smith.
    From article linked above.
    Charged with felony murder. No bond.
    So sad for both families. Tragic.

They were cousins from what I understand.
    Being nothing more or better than what is specified.

More precisely step-cousins.
    And police believe 18-year-old Olivia Smith — who Steve Hebert identified as his daughter’s step-cousin — is responsible.

According to Cobb County police Officer Alicia Chilton, authorities responded to the Blowing Wind Court home where Hebert lived with her mother and stepfather at about 8:50 a.m., finding the teen dead in the front yard.

Smith was taken into custody at the scene and charged with felony murder. She is being held at the Cobb County jail without bond.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...rl-17-i/npNdf/

Possible motive? For example jealousy over a boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Oh my. How incredibly sad and tragic. Georgia Girl, would you please update us when you get more info? Prayers to both families and all of these girls' friends.
    Sadly it's a lot of rumor right now. Hoping more details are released. The worst part is these two girls are cousins. I cannot imagine what these families must be going through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

According to the criminal warrant, Smith and Hebert had argument which turned physical when Smith grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Hebert. Smith then chased Hebert outside the home where witnesses described seeing the teen on top of Hebert, stabbing her multiple times.

[...]

"You know there's loved ones grieving on both sides, I understand that," said Hebert. "I'm grieving, because I lost my daughter. I will never get to speak to her again."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...acworth/npNQg/

A 17-year-old girl has been stabbed to death by another teenager in suburban Atlanta, police say.
    Abbey Herbert was found dead in the front yard of a home in Cobb County on Saturday at 8.50am.
    Her step-cousin, 18-year-old Olivia Smith, has been charged with felony murder.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-murder.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't tell whether the other girl in the pic is Olivia or not. I tried comparing the pic of the girl with makeup to the mug shot, but was unable to determine if it was she as there is a big difference.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-g...-olivia-smith/

ACWORTH, Ga. -- Police say an 18-year-old Georgia woman murdered her teenage cousin on the victim's front lawn, reports CBS affiliate WGCL.

Students at Allatoona High School in Acworth will wear black Monday, in remembrance of Abbey Hebert, 17, who was allegedly murdered on Saturday morning.

Hebert's cousin, Olivia Smith, was arrested soon after officers found the victim lying in front of her home. Smith was charged with felony murder. A motive for the stabbing has yet to be determined.

More at link
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

I feel so badly for the dad. Abby was his only child. This is just so tragic and I simply can't imagine what both families are going through.

Seems like drugs were involved at least somewhat:

According to arrest and search warrants, Smith and Hebert returned from Chick-fil-A to the home on Blowing Wind Court and, after the other unidentified people left, went to the back porch and “smoked suspected marijuana.”
    And

Smith later spoke with detectives, reportedly admitting that she stabbed Hebert and saying “she was under the influence of an unknown drug, possibly marijuana.” Her interview, however, “did not shed light on any motive,” Pierce said.
    From: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...girls-s/npNyk/

Maybe whatever she smoked was laced with something? Generally marijuana by itself wouldn't have quite so extreme and violent an effect AFAIK...

Olivia is from my hometown. While I no longer live there, my family does and everyone is in shock. I can't imagine what either family must be going through.
    My opinions are subject to change, as the truth presents itself through factual evidence. ~Tallula Belle

A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows the public opinion. ~Grantland Rice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast