1235 users online (296 members and 939 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Clermont, WhtMale UP6030, 24-32, transgender, breast implants, Sep'88

Sketch of the descendent.

I can't find a thread on this case, or any DoeNetwork page either. However fascinating news.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...110-story.html
    The woman wore a greenish tank top with a long acid-washed skirt and pantyhose that were partially rolled down. She had long manicured nails, long dyed blonde hair and breast implants. A lab determined she likely gave birth to one or more children before the body was found Sept. 25, 1988, along County Road 474 in Four Corners.

Just one problem: The person they found was actually a transgender woman.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6030

Now listed as a male with one ruleout that obviously was when listed for a female.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Murkywaters View Post

Sketch of the descendent.

I can't find a thread on this case, or any DoeNetwork page either. However fascinating news.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...110-story.html
    Did they actually say that the guy gave birth? Are you serious? And how many bodies has this lab worked on?

The woman wore a greenish tank top with a long acid-washed skirt and pantyhose that were partially rolled down. She had long manicured nails, long dyed blonde hair and breast implants. A lab determined she likely gave birth to one or more children before the body was found Sept. 25, 1988, along County Road 474 in Four Corners.

Just one problem: The person they found was actually a transgender woman.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Yeah, this is very confusing, to say the least. Those born male can't give birth, even if they are transgender women. Something is really wrong with the information.

It's even more confusing to see born-female Wendy Huggy on the rule-out list.
    Sumter County's Mystery Couple - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

The article I read explained that they thought she had given birth because of pitting or other changes to the pelvic bones. That's something that used to be viewed as a sign of previous childbirth, which science has since shown not to be reliable. Makes me wonder how many other UIDs (who are originally biologically female) are said to have had children but actually didn't.

Why does namus list her as male? I find that very wrong and disrespectful to the whole trans community. Besides that, if she was presenting as female (by that I mean wearing female clothes, living her life as female) then it would make more sense to try and match her case with missing females.
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

Quote Originally Posted by zelda_s View Post
    Why does namus list her as male? I find that very wrong and disrespectful to the whole trans community. Besides that, if she was presenting as female (by that I mean wearing female clothes, living her life as female) then it would make more sense to try and match her case with missing females.
    I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I also find it disrespectful. On the other, even though she had reassignment surgery, she would still be genetically male. Also, perhaps she is listed as male because they think someone may make the match based on remembering her as a man. (If she disappeared before she lived as a woman.) It's tricky. I wish they could either list her under both (for search purposes) or create a new category.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I also find it disrespectful. On the other, even though she had reassignment surgery, she would still be genetically male. Also, perhaps she is listed as male because they think someone may make the match based on remembering her as a man. (If she disappeared before she lived as a woman.) It's tricky. I wish they could either list her under both (for search purposes) or create a new category.
    And since there wasn't a very accepting attitude towards transgender people then, I believe that a missing person's report would simply list her as a cross-dressing male.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    The article I read explained that they thought she had given birth because of pitting or other changes to the pelvic bones. That's something that used to be viewed as a sign of previous childbirth, which science has since shown not to be reliable. Makes me wonder how many other UIDs (who are originally biologically female) are said to have had children but actually didn't.
    That doesn't make sense. You need a uterus to give birth, wear on genetically male pelvic bones is not indicative of childbirth. They should have realized that back then. But since they haven't, they should change that info now since it is clearly incorrect.

is it possible the victim was a hermaphrodite? can a hermaphrodite give birth?

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    is it possible the victim was a hermaphrodite? can a hermaphrodite give birth?
    According to Google, hermaphrodites can give birth if they have ovaries and uterus; however, a full set of reproductive organs for hermaphrodites is very uncommon.

Intersex individuals can have the reproductive organs to have children but it is rather rate. Also, their hormone levels may not be right to bear children. At college I participate in our feminist and gender studies society. I will try to get more info on the issue, though I can't promise anything as I don't want to upset anyone by asking sensitive questions!
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    That doesn't make sense. You need a uterus to give birth, wear on genetically male pelvic bones is not indicative of childbirth. They should have realized that back then. But since they haven't, they should change that info now since it is clearly incorrect.
    Right, but what I'm saying it that's why they thought she was biologically female--she had the pits on her pelvic bones. Now they know that other things (like high levels of estrogen) can cause that, but they didn't know that then. Since her remains were decomposing, she likely wouldn't have had a uterus or other organs left.

Pits on the pelvis were found, which once was thought to indicate a person had given birth. Warren said itís rare to see it in men, but this person would have been taking high amounts of estrogen during a gender transition.
    http://www.watermarkonline.com/2015/...s-transgender/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comple...ivity_syndrome

Could it be possible she had this disorder? Women with CAIS have a Y chromosome but appear as female. They usually don't have a uterus.

I believe they have to list her as her biological sex, or namus won't match her properly. Otherwise she'd be compared to cis females, which she is not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast