Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
9WM4BPj.jpg

Amanda Blackburn was 28

Wife of Indianapolis pastor in critical condition after attack in home
Posted 5:42 PM, November 10, 2015, by Greg Margason - Digital Producer

Officers responded to the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. The victim's husband came home and found her unconscious on the floor.

The victim, 28, suffered head trauma and is in critical condition. IMPD says the trauma is consistent with a gunshot wound. Their toddler son was home at the time of the home invasion but was not injured.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-amanda-blackburns-suspected-killer/75901502/

http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_d364f35e-889c-11e5-9266-2f027d2790f2.html

IN - Amanda Blackburn MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES **NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1

I've transcribed about 95% of the first part of the presser, omitting some of the intro from Captain Converse. It's not 100% verbatim because the sound quality was poor in places, and I had problems with buffering. All of the pertinent details are correct, however. (found it)

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

We've had a great outpouring from the community and the neighborhood. A lot of people have come forwarded with descriptions of cars. A lot of people have cameras on their homes. We have a lot of information to go through. And that's what we're doing.

[...]

It's unbelievable how many people have approached us and given us tips to work off of.

We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there...

Approx. 3:20 in the video

Major Eric Hench

[...]

I know Captain Converse really takes this close to heart. He's an outstanding homicide investigator and captain. He's been in homicide for over 12 years. And this one really gets ya.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

At this time I won't be able to release a photograph or a detailed description, although we anticipate being able to do so at some point in the near future.

Continues with admonitions to possible accomplices and/or those who have information to come forward; and a warning/promise to the killer: "You are not as good as you think you are. You left behind evidence. We will find it, and we have found it. And we will find you, and we will not stop until we get you."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

Posted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]

Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

[...]

Lt. Richard Riddle with the Indianapolis Metro Police Department spoke with WTHR about the case.

"Obviously our detectives were back out there last night following up with that case and looking for any more evidence that we can find about that case," he said, regarding the second visit IMPD made to the home.

[...]

"I don't know about specific video in that neighborhood. I know if anyone has any surveillance video we would certainly like look for it, look through it and see if there is anything suspicious on it that we can use for this particular case," said Lt. Riddle.

[...]

Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.

Indianapolis residents may recall a pair of brutal home invasions that occurred in October 2013.

"I know there are concerns of that in the neighborhood. And we're certainly doing our best to bring these killers into our custody and bring them to justice," said Lt. Riddle.

Although Lt. Riddle referred to "killers," he said at this point police don't know how many people they're looking for. They also don't know how the intruders got into the house.

"I know our detectives are speaking with the husband and are following up on basically how he left the house that morning. And if that door was locked or if it wasn't; things like that," said Lt. Riddle.

WTHR also asked Lt. Riddle about the brutality of the crime and the fact that Amanda Blackburn saw the intruders.

"Absolutely, that's something we're looking into. It's a concern to us anytime you have somebody inside their home that's brutally murdered like this. That level brutality, like you said, certainly concerns us. That's why we're really looking for the public's help us to bring these killers forward. You got to believe someone out there knows something. Individuals talk and we're looking for anybody with any more information to come forward."

Neighbors are being advised to keep a watchful eye out.

"If you see something, say something. If you know any information, bring it forward to us. Obviously, personal safety - keep your home locked. Keep your doors and windows secured. If you see any suspicious activity please call 911 immediately. Our officers will respond," said Lt. Riddle.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

Photos released of Amanda Blackburn's suspected killer
Michael Anthony Adams, Jill Disis and Justin L. Mack
9:35 p.m. EST November 16, 2015

QCGPxTe.jpg

Police have released two photos of the man suspected of killing Amanda Blackburn, the pregnant 28-year-old woman who was fatally shot inside her home a week ago.

During a Friday press conference, officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said surveillance footage collected at the scene gave them a glimpse of the suspect who entered Blackburn's home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court Tuesday morning while her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, was at the gym, and the couple's toddler was in his crib.

IMPD released the two surveillance photos around 9 p.m. Monday.

The man seen in the photos is described by investigators as being between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 9 inches tall with a slim-to-medium build. He was wearing light-colored pants and a two-toned hoodie. His photo was captured by a surveillance camera system of a home on Sunnyfield.

The case will be solved during this thread. Jmo. And I'm just here to wait for the moment. Thank you all.

Does it look like he's smoking? Or maybe on a cellphone?

Does it look like he's smoking? Or maybe on a cellphone?

Probably tighten the hoodie strings. Which by the way seems like he has a jacket with a hoodie underneath the jacket. Idk

But they are not showing him from the front angle .

Looks like he's on a cellphone -- probably calling the SUV driver, telling him/her where to pick him up.

ETA: Agree, Dexter. Maybe this is what the Major described when he said he was pulling down the hood to cover his face.

RE: The photo --->>>
p23T7iy.jpg
:takeoff:

link

Looks like he's on a cellphone -- probably calling the SUV driver, telling him/her where to pick him up.

The driver needs to realize that he may or may not get charged with capital murder as well. So if the driver was stashing the items while the other perp went back. Then the driver may not be able to get charged. But if the driver was simply waiting down the street to make sure the police wasn't rolling through; Then the driver could be implicated in a felony capital murder as well.

Even if they didn't want this to happen. So maybe the driver should confess now to burglary 1 but deny any involvement with robbery 2 while testifying against the main culprit for a reduced sentence on the burglary charge.

But if he is caught before turning himself in. Then I'm sure the DA will charge them both with capital murder. Jmo

The guy at the first house made a pretty nice haul. Entered a home where nobody was home. Got a nice 50" Tv and some other items.

Loaded up his suv..filled er up..and off he went.

Why would he come back on foot and murder Amanda?

Maybe he saw Davey leave but he didn't know that he wouldn't be right back.

The case will be solved during this thread. Jmo. And I'm just here to wait for the moment. Thank you all.

BBM OT Your post (and a few of your others) just triggered me back to Kid Rock's cover of Led Zepplin's Ramble On

The guy at the first house made a pretty nice haul. Entered a home where nobody was home. Got a nice 50" Tv and some other items.

Agree. That was definitely a nice score to be content with and save another house for another day.

Captain Converse: We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. -->>
lHZsI0V.jpg

Please don't try to make this into something it's not. Only ONE individual was seen walking around that neighborhood near the first burglarized home, and later near the Blackburn residence.

ETA:

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

BBM OT Your post (and a few of your others) just triggered me back to Kid Rock's cover of Led Zepplin's Ramble On

Lol. I seen that performance live and it wasn't too good. Lol

But I will take it as a compliment. Thanks. Much obliged. Hugs.

Photos released of Amanda Blackburn's suspected killer
Michael Anthony Adams, Jill Disis and Justin L. Mack
9:35 p.m. EST November 16, 2015

QCGPxTe.jpg

IMPD released the two surveillance photos around 9 p.m. Monday.

The man seen in the photos is described by investigators as being between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 9 inches tall with a slim-to-medium build. He was wearing light-colored pants and a two-toned hoodie. His photo was captured by a surveillance camera system of a home on Sunnyfield.

IMO:

He's short.
He's left handed.

He doesn't seem to be moving quickly. Rather odd for someone who just fired several rounds and killed someone. I think the instinct is to run.

Could one person carry a 50" TV? They seem like that size is awkward to manage thru doorways and getting into the back of the SUV.

On seeing Davey leave - hey, he'd made such a great haul at house #1, why not continue on his winning streak?

He is walking down that street as if he is in no hurry or has no reason to be concerned. Do you suppose he did not get blood on his clothing?

From this picture, I do not see how it will be much help in identifying the murderer. Once they have a suspect, they can compare picture to person's stance and size.
If he did not leave DNA behind that is in CODIS, it appears they have a lot of foot work to do.

My opinions only.

Lol. I seen that performance live and it wasn't too good. Lol

But I will take it as a compliment. Thanks. Much obliged. Hugs.

Come to find out "triggered" means bringing up a bad memory. I should have said "reminded me of". Sorry, I meant my comment as a compliment, an observation. ((Hugs))

The homeowner may not want the inside footage of his house to be shown. That is like giving a blueprint to future invaders. Jmo

5:30 burglary two doors down from Amanda Blackburn; 2 TVs + a 50" large screen TV were stolen; residents were out of town

6:00 dark colored SUV was seen leaving the scene on CCTV

6:10 Davey Blackburn leaves to go to the gym; gym time cards verify this visit

6:45 neighbor hears gun shots

Eyewitness neighbor reports seeing a BM twice, who's wearing a two-toned suede hoodie with lighter colored pants

8:30 Davey Blackburn returns home to find his wife mortally wounded w/ gunshot to her head

<modsnip>

8:35 Police arrive to find no signs of forced entry.

If the SUV leaves the area at 6:00, how do the killers see Mr. Blackburn leave his home at 6:10?

If LEO stops to pet Amanda's dogs, why didn't the dogs go wild with snarling and barking while their master was in grave danger?

[video=youtube;5UG7r_eZpqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UG7r_eZpqY[/video]

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members