Canada - Muslim Woman Attacked While Picking Up Kids at School, Toronto, 16 Nov 2015

dotr

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in a thread of it's own, disgusting incident in Toronto today.
LE are searching for the suspects described as white. Her cellphone was also stolen.
SHAME!!

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/11/16/m...tside-of-her-childrens-school-near-don-mills/
"Muslim woman attacked outside of her children’s school near Don Mills"

"Two men approached the woman and started hurling anti-Islamic and racist profanities at her.

Police said the men started calling the woman a “terrorist” and said “go back to your country.”

One of the men started punching the woman in the stomach and a second man ripped off her hijab during the assault."

Not sure if this should be in a thread of it's own, disgusting incident in Toronto today.
LE are searching for the suspects described as white. Her cellphone was also stolen.
SHAME!!

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/11/16/m...tside-of-her-childrens-school-near-don-mills/
"Muslim woman attacked outside of her children’s school near Don Mills"

"Two men approached the woman and started hurling anti-Islamic and racist profanities at her.

Police said the men started calling the woman a “terrorist” and said “go back to your country.”

One of the men started punching the woman in the stomach and a second man ripped off her hijab during the assault."

Picking up her kids! At 3pm!! Disgusting is right.

If those guys would stop to think for a minute. Who's really the “terrorist” here? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Dear God....when did everyone start hating everyone else? This hurts my heart and I don't like this world very much anymore. How sad.

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/11/16/muslim-woman-attacked-outside-childrens-school-flemingdon-park/

"The woman’s brother, a man named Owais, said he was shaking with rage when he first heard about the incident.

“I was already told on the phone that the situation looks like a hate crime, from an officer that called me,” he said.

Owais said that when he arrived on scene an ambulance was already taking his sister to the hospital.

“When I saw her obviously she was crying … her kids were crying,” he said. “Which is a scene that no human wants to see.”

Owais said that normally his sister has her three year old with her when she goes to pick up her two other children from school, but thankfully decided to leave the three year old with her sister.

She was taken to hospital and was complaining of severe stomach pains but was released from hospital later the same day.

Owais said his sister was protecting her face when the man was punching her and that she also got hit in her jaw.

“I don’t know what human, if they are human, could do that to anybody,” he said.

Owais said that the neighbourhood is a tight knit community and “according to my sister she has never seen these males in this community.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muslim-woman-allegedly-attacked-toronto-1.3322298
"Police also said they are aware of another incident nearby.

"There was some graffiti written on a wall, something along the lines of Muslims not welcome," Smith noted. "We have no information right now to see that the two incidents are connected, but they did occur in the same area."

The first suspect is described by police as a 30-year-old white man who stands five feet, seven inches with a medium build and full beard. He was wearing a white checkered shirt and construction boots.

There's much less known about the second suspect, who is believed to be a white male who was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt.

"Right now, we're canvassing for video, and we're asking anyone in the area who might have video to contact us," Smith said.

This attack is the latest incident of anti-Muslim hostility in southern Ontario following last Friday's attacks in Paris.

On Saturday, a mosque in Peterborough, Ont., was hit by arson in a suspected hate crime."
rbbm.

Any witnesses? Usually there are several people nearby but none of the articles state that. (unless I'm missing it somewhere)

Any witnesses? Usually there are several people nearby but none of the articles state that. (unless I'm missing it somewhere)

I was wondering about that too because I'm so surprised they would attack her in the middle of the afternoon like that. The only thing I can think is they waited until she was by herself and no one could see them. I hope they get some video.

Two of her children apparently witnessed the attack. Have not yet heard of any other witnesses, but LE are asking everyone for video that might have recorded the assault.
imo.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...lim-woman-near-school-on-monday-as-hate-crime
"She was punched all over and kicked’: Police say ‘no doubt’ attack on Muslim woman ‘hate-motivated’"

"The entire incident was observed by a witness who called police, he said. The woman was taken to hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries and has since been released.

Police said they are currently interviewing witnesses, gathering surveillance video from the area and asking anyone with information to contact them."

snip>

“It’s some kind of idiot, it’s not the Canadian people,” Sahar Badawi, herself a Muslim, said of the woman’s assailants. “Most people, regardless their religion, regardless what they believe in, they respect Canada, they love Canada. Once we come to this country, we are Canadian like anybody else.”

“Such hateful and cowardly acts are abhorrent to all Canadians who stand united in condemning xenophobia and hatred,” the National Council of Canadian Muslims Executive Director Ihsaan Gardee said in a news release. “While disturbing, we believe these attacks on members of the Toronto Muslim community do not represent the sentiments of the vast majority of our fellow Canadians or residents of Toronto.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muslim-student-spat-on-1.3326765

"A Muslim student at the University of Toronto claims he was spat on and insulted in what appears to have been a racially charged, attempted assault outside Robarts Library.

Osama Omar, 21, says he was attacked while waiting for a streetcar near Spadina Avenue and College Street, after a weekend study session.

"A man approached me, without saying anything at all, he just came up to me and spat directly in my face," he told CBC News. Toronto has seen a number of racist incidents in the wake of last week's deadly attacks in Paris, for which ISIS has claimed responsibility.

"I was so taken aback and shocked by the action, I didn't really know how to respond other than to ask him, you know, 'Sir, is there something wrong? Why did you do that?''

This is a little more uplifting..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/illridewithyou-toronto-1.3326770

"Toronto says #IllRideWithYou to Muslims after racist attacks
Hashtag offers help to Muslims who feel unsafe travelling alone
"

"Like many Toronto residents, Kelly Boaz said she "naively assumed" the backlash against Muslims, seen elsewhere in the wake of Friday's deadly attack in Paris, wouldn't occur in Toronto.

But to date, at least four suspected anti-Muslim incidents, including an assault, have been reported:

"When I heard about the attack at the school in Toronto, my heart sank," said Boaz.

Boaz is among the dozens of Toronto transit riders who are offering to accompany Muslim riders by using the hashtag #IllRideWithYou. "

He was wearing a topi at the time of the incident; a short, rounded skullcap worn in many Islamic communities.

"He misunderstood it for a turban and told me to take the turban off," Omar said.

Omar said he again asked the man if there was something wrong or if his topi was bothering him. That's when the man allegedly started punching at him.

I can't get over how brazen these idiots are.

Community rally against Islamophobia planned for Toronto neighbourhood

Days after a woman was attacked in an apparent hate crime, residents of Toronto’s Flemingdon Park neighbourhood are vowing not be held back by fear.
Hundreds of residents will march Friday, starting at 10 a.m., from Gateway Boulevard to Grenoble Public School, where the assault took place Monday.

(Organizer Mohan) Doss said Friday’s march is a way of standing up for true Canadian values.

“We are all the same because we are all different. That’s our uniting force,” he said. “No one stands out, no one is left out. Nobody should be segregated against. That’s what Canada stands for.”

Toronto Muslims demand peace, respect at march

Muslims and non-Muslims alike are marching through Toronto's Flemingdon Park neighbourhood today to call for peace after a series of violent incidents have hit the city.

Around 100 people turned up for the march, which ends at the elementary school where a Muslim woman was attacked and injured earlier this week.

[video=twitter;667724744192565248]https://twitter.com/LindaWardCBC/status/667724744192565248[/video]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-take-off-hijab-out-of-safety-fears-1.3328842farheen-khan.jpg

Family asks woman to take off hijab out of safety fears
Farheen Khan was attacked in the past, she believes for wearing the hijab

"This past week has been unnerving, if not outright scary, for people who are Muslim in Toronto.

There were several attacks — both verbal and physical — against Muslims wearing religious head coverings. There have been demonstrations and initiatives standing up to that intolerance.

But it's put pressure on those who wear hijabs, niqabs and other Islamic clothing.

Farheen Khan wears a hijab, and feels that very pressure.

But she feels it from within her own family: her father asked her to remove her hijab for her own safety.

Khan's father is a religious man, who started the first mosque in Mississauga. "It really meant something for him to say it," said Khan."

This behavior is quite shocking to me, never have i witnessed any of that kind of behavior in Toronto or any other city in this country.
This woman looks beautiful and stylish as many do, imo, in her lovely colourful scarf.

[video=youtube;MJRF8xGzvj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRF8xGzvj4[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts