1109 users online (173 members and 936 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Results 1,066 to 1,077 of 1077
  1. #1066
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    172
    I've seen some comments of Maggie online the last few days, and she certainly is pushing that the answer the show comes up with is the only right one. IMHO, until remains are found, we'll never likely know. The implication is that someone who was deceased had something to do with her disappearance, and I don't think there's going to be a way to fully determine that.

  2. #1067
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by italianangel2411 View Post
    Did anyone notice her younger brother calling him Fred instead of dad...I noticed it and thought it was very odd
    He and Maura have the same mother, but not the same father, so Fred is not his dad.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  3. #1068
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    I noticed that, too, though I don't know what the significance is. I don't know why I think this, but I think that all the kids may have called him "Fred." Maybe I've heard of Julie or Maura calling him Fred? I can't remember. Calling parents by first names was sort of in vogue among certain parents when I was a kid and some people I know also do it when talking about their parents even when they call their parents "mom" and "dad" to their faces, to avoid saying, "my dad, my dad, my dad" over and over. It was never something we did in my family, so I always find it jarring, but families differ.
    Maura and her brother had the same mother, but different fathers, so Fred was not the youngest brother's dad. I'm sorry; I forget his name. I almost said Kyle, but I feel like that might not be it.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  4. #1069
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallibella View Post
    I've seen some comments of Maggie online the last few days, and she certainly is pushing that the answer the show comes up with is the only right one. IMHO, until remains are found, we'll never likely know. The implication is that someone who was deceased had something to do with her disappearance, and I don't think there's going to be a way to fully determine that.
    After watching episode 4 I think it's apparent the show isn't going to solve this case. However, if it gets the wheels turning and renews interest in both the public and LE that is a good thing and could certainly lead to new clues.

    But until there are any new revelations it's simply a game of weighing scant evidence and odds and trying to come to a reasonable conclusion. I'd like to see the show do more, but I'm sure they have their constraints and hopefully in the end at the very least it can paint a clear picture of the events surrounding her disappearance and allow for more focus on actual plausible scenarios.

    If this is in fact foul play with a deceased suspect, I think with enough clues we can at least gather enough information to get some closure. Even if the person cannot be prosecuted, any details surely would help the family.

    Fred, to me, is a really genuine and sincere guy. I grew up in New England he reminds me a bit of my grandfather. I think above all he deserves some closure in his lifetime.

  5. #1070
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    After watching episode 4 I think it's apparent the show isn't going to solve this case. However, if it gets the wheels turning and renews interest in both the public and LE that is a good thing and could certainly lead to new clues.

    But until there are any new revelations it's simply a game of weighing scant evidence and odds and trying to come to a reasonable conclusion. I'd like to see the show do more, but I'm sure they have their constraints and hopefully in the end at the very least it can paint a clear picture of the events surrounding her disappearance and allow for more focus on actual plausible scenarios.

    If this is in fact foul play with a deceased suspect, I think with enough clues we can at least gather enough information to get some closure. Even if the person cannot be prosecuted, any details surely would help the family.

    Fred, to me, is a really genuine and sincere guy. I grew up in New England he reminds me a bit of my grandfather. I think above all he deserves some closure in his lifetime.
    I think the purpose of the docuseries isn't necessarily to SOLVE the case but to provide a bit of course-correction and dispel a lot of the rumors and innuendo that have cropped up around it. Bring it back to square one which, sometimes, is necessary when mythology replaces reality. In that regard, they've been doing a bang-up job. As a primer on the case, it works exceptionally well.
    "There are such devils."
    -The Pledge

  6. #1071
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In la la land
    Posts
    77
    There will not be a "solving the case" until Maura surfaces willingly or unwillingly, or her remains are found. But I'm glad the Tv series is drawing attention to her case. Her family desperately needs answers.

  7. #1072
    I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and numbers 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.
    Using Tapatalk

  8. #1073
    I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.
    Using Tapatalk

  9. #1074
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Where 1+1 = 3
    Posts
    15,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jslk View Post
    I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and numbers 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.
    I do too. I'm impressed she's been able to get people to agree to interviews.

    I've watched online too and so far only four episodes are up.

  10. #1075
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I do too. I'm impressed she's been able to get people to agree to interviews.

    I've watched online too and so far only four episodes are up.
    I think the reason she was able to get all these interviews is due to Art Roderick and his connections.


  11. #1076
    Hi everyone! I did a podcast on the Maura Murray case with Sheryl McCollum of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute.

    Here is the link to listen on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...393617473&mt=2

    If you don't have iTunes or an Apple device, here is the link to listen: https://audioboom.com/posts/6400485-...murray-mystery

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  12. #1077
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by jslk View Post
    I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.
    I believe there's only 4 episodes thus far with new episodes on Saturday evening on Oxygen.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72


Similar Threads

  1. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1144
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1227
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
  3. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7
    By Cubby in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 861
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
  4. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5
    By Timex in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1043
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:17 AM
  5. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 3
    By CW in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread