814 users online (141 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettibon Junction View Post
    I do wonder whether, for all his bombast and grandstanding, Renner's investigation may have inadvertently uncovered something. In the early days of the blog, he put a call out for more info regarding a pair of brothers who worked the overnight shift making snow at Loon Mountain Resort, who left for work around the time the accident occurred and whose commute took them down Rt. 112. They were alleged to have pulled a no-call/no-show the night of February 9.

He never followed up on this but much, much later, in one of his posts about the red truck, writes in passing about the Glynn brothers owning a similar vehicle that they were confirmed to have been driving that night. He couches this in the language of dismissal, as he was very much pushing his Canada theory at the time, but what if there's something there that was overlooked in the fog of all this "Quebecois exile" mania?
    I remember that post! I wonder if I can find it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    "There 's daggers in men's smiles". - William Shakespeare, Macbeth (Act II, Scene III).

Maura Murray, missing since February 9, 2004.

Those podcasts (smh).

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Those podcasts (smh).
    Agree! Further down the rabbit hole they go!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

When advocacy becomes lunacy

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.c...es-lunacy.html

What did they talk about on the latest podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've often wondered why the infamous $4,000 in cash was even divulged by Fred. If he was going to help his daughter purchase a car that weekend, wouldn't it suffice to say "we went to look for a car"? Why was there even a need to bring up the amount of cash he (presumably) had on him? One would think that there had to be some benefit (to him or his daughter) by mentioning the cash aspect, along with the specific amount.

Quote Originally Posted by brokerage View Post
    I've often wondered why the infamous $4,000 in cash was even divulged by Fred. If he was going to help his daughter purchase a car that weekend, wouldn't it suffice to say "we went to look for a car"? Why was there even a need to bring up the amount of cash he (presumably) had on him? One would think that there had to be some benefit (to him or his daughter) by mentioning the cash aspect, along with the specific amount.
    Possibly because he was facing bankruptcy proceedings. Maybe he realized they were going to be investigating the past of everyone and he needed a reason he had 4k cash?

"There 's daggers in men's smiles". - William Shakespeare, Macbeth (Act II, Scene III).

You here those stories of people going missing and years later when they have been found they were abducted and kept in someone cellar for years, there have been cases like that and they do happen or kidnapped for trafficking!! - but depending on her condition and state of mind she could have just wandered off living another life somewhere or had died from a accident the problem with missing people it always leaves you woundering what has happen to them

Quote Originally Posted by brokerage View Post

Read the Univ of Mass Police Report from 2/22/2004. Fred states in part: "We were going to get her a car. That's why I came up that weekend. We started in Hadley looking at cars $4000 on my person (sic). We went to a place in Northhampton that her boyfriend had good luck with."

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2012...ell-phone.html

I'm sure the police have thoroughly investigated Fred Murray's statements. After all, he was one of the last people to see her. Certainly the police would be able to verify his claims.

Respectfully, I would ask: Why are internet bloggers trying so hard to spin the $4000 into something shady or mysterious? Maybe Fred really did intend to look for a better car for Maura. Maybe Maura's first accident (in Fred's brand new car) put a damper on spending the money that weekend. Maybe Maura's emotional state was a distraction. Who knows? IMO the $4000 has been spun by blogs on the internet to fit their own theory that Fred was helping Maura disappear, to start a new life ..in Canada.

All JMHO

When my daughter was in college, large cash withdrawals were not all that rare for me. College life, dorm life, unexpected expenses are not uncommon. Thank goodness she graduated and those days are over!

Quote Originally Posted by TessDeco View Post
    Read the Univ of Mass Police Report from 2/22/2004. Fred states in part: "We were going to get her a car. That's why I came up that weekend. We started in Hadley looking at cars $4000 on my person (sic). We went to a place in Northhampton that her boyfriend had good luck with."

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2012...ell-phone.html

I'm sure the police have thoroughly investigated Fred Murray's statements. After all, he was one of the last people to see her. Certainly the police would be able to verify his claims.

Respectfully, I would ask: Why are internet bloggers trying so hard to spin the $4000 into something shady or mysterious? Maybe Fred really did intend to look for a better car for Maura. Maybe Maura's first accident (in Fred's brand new car) put a damper on spending the money that weekend. Maybe Maura's emotional state was a distraction. Who knows? IMO the $4000 has been spun by blogs on the internet to fit their own theory that Fred was helping Maura disappear, to start a new life ..in Canada.

All JMHO

When my daughter was in college, large cash withdrawals were not all that rare for me. College life, dorm life, unexpected expenses are not uncommon. Thank goodness she graduated and those days are over!
    Because in researching the case, there has been doubt cast on him, such as her friends at college stating they didn't think the car had issues or the car making it all the way to NH, or the car place not recalling Fred ever being there...so on and so forth. It's important because it could signify him covering up the real reason Maura went into NH to begin with.

Also, as mentioned above, he was about to lose his house. Where did this 4k come from? Why was it taken from multiple accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by stephsb View Post
    What did they talk about on the latest podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From the Maura Murray Missing Podcast YouTube:

Ep 18: Crossing the Rubicon

Published on Nov 25, 2015
    In this episode Lance Reenstierna and Tim Pilleri talk to blogger and podcaster Cold N. Holefield about his life online, his thoughts on the Maura Murray case, and what it means to cross the rubicon and be a part of an egregore.

There's was very little said about Maura Murray, if I remember right, and a lot of Cold N. Holefield talking about himself and his "energy" concept. I'm not sure I even finished listening to the whole Podcast so maybe someone else can fill in with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by TessDeco View Post
    From the Maura Murray Missing Podcast YouTube:

Ep 18: Crossing the Rubicon

Published on Nov 25, 2015
    In this episode Lance Reenstierna and Tim Pilleri talk to blogger and podcaster Cold N. Holefield about his life online, his thoughts on the Maura Murray case, and what it means to cross the rubicon and be a part of an egregore.

There's was very little said about Maura Murray, if I remember right, and a lot of Cold N. Holefield talking about himself and his "energy" concept. I'm not sure I even finished listening to the whole Podcast so maybe someone else can fill in with more details.
    A bit strange, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Adore View Post
    Also, as mentioned above, he was about to lose his house. Where did this 4k come from? Why was it taken from multiple accounts?

I assumed it was because there's usually a daily limit on how much you can withdraw from an ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I assumed it was because there's usually a daily limit on how much you can withdraw from an ATM.
    That's assuming it all came from one account. I saw in a post once someone discussing that if you're hiding money when facing bankruptcy, it's common to spread it amongst accounts. Obviously, I cannot say for sure that's what he was doing, but just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Adore View Post
    That's assuming it all came from one account. I saw in a post once someone discussing that if you're hiding money when facing bankruptcy, it's common to spread it amongst accounts. Obviously, I cannot say for sure that's what he was doing, but just an observation.

No, I mean he withdrew the limit from one account, then withdrew the limit from another account, etc.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast