2015.11.19 Tribute Thread in honor of Teresa's Birthday - Thursday, November 19th

mckazpm

Reaction score
I'm placing this memorial candle here to honor the life that Teresa lived and acknowledge to her family that we care and our thoughts and prayers are with each of them, not only on her birthday, but each and every day. Please feel free to use as a profile picture tomorrow (if you'd like) to have candles lit. Justice for Teresa.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Teresa Sievers candle.jpg
    Teresa Sievers candle.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 332
I'm placing this memorial candle here to honor the life that Teresa lived and acknowledge to her family that we care and our thoughts and prayers are with each of them, not only on her birthday, but each and every day. Please feel free to use as a profile picture tomorrow (if you'd like) to have candles lit. Justice for Teresa.

attachment.php

mckazpm, what a lovely gesture.

I was so touched and happy to see the candles and memorial posts starting to appear in other threads. I'd already planned to generate a tribute thread in honor of what would have been Teresa's 47th birthday so I moved those posts here.

Feel free to post photos, candles, thoughts, personal messages, etc... I invite all of our verified patients and insiders to share any special memories they are comfortable sharing. I love getting to know the "real" Teresa and I already feel like I would have liked her very much.

This thread is strictly devoted to Teresa. Her life, her passions, her drive & dedication...and yes, even her spunky, spitfire personality. :heartluv: Only parameter is to "Keep it Positive and Respectful". Please no mention of any of the suspects, the crime details or any negative, opinionated posts. There are plenty of other threads where those posts can go.

lMTWC8H.jpg

Teresa looks especially hot in this photo! I bet she liked this one. :)

Note:

For anyone who would like to change their avatar in honor of Teresa I have taken the liberty of uploading the candle image posted by mckazpm to our pre-loaded, standard "For the Cause" avatar category.

To change your avatar, follow these steps:

1. At the very top right of every page you will see your screen name, notifications, profile and settings. Click on "Settings.
  2. Now you will see a menu on the right side - "My Settings", The third option is "Edit Avatar". Click on that.
  3. Scroll to the bottom and you will see "Pre-defined avatars" with a drop down menu. Choose "For the Cause"
  4. The first one is Teresa's candle. Check that and click save.

to all who knew Teresa, wishing for you comfort, peace, and justice

"The deeper the love, the deeper the grief, the fewer the words."

Rest in peace, Dr Sievers. God bless your children, your family and your friends! No stones unturned!

-Nin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sievers 1989 pic.jpg
    sievers 1989 pic.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Sievers and Anni and kids redacted.jpg
    Sievers and Anni and kids redacted.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 195
  • sievers family pic kids redacted.jpg
    sievers family pic kids redacted.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 192
  • sievers teresa and annie.jpg
    sievers teresa and annie.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 192
Note:

For anyone who would like to change their avatar in honor of Teresa I have taken the liberty of uploading the candle image posted by mckazpm to our pre-loaded, standard "For the Cause" avatar category.

To change your avatar, follow these steps:

1. At the very top right of every page you will see your screen name, notifications, profile and settings. Click on "Settings.
  2. Now you will see a menu on the right side - "My Settings", The third option is "Edit Avatar". Click on that.
  3. Scroll to the bottom and you will see "Pre-defined avatars" with a drop down menu. Choose "For the Cause"
  4. The first one is Teresa's candle. Check that and click save.

That is so very nice of you, thank you beach!

-Nin

No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew you, and only God knows why. Rest In Peace Teresa.

I reread the homily from Teresa's service filled with stories of her love and compassion, giving her all for "the least of these". The poor who needed medical care, the young mothers from Our Mothers Home, spending the night in the hospital with a close friend, assisting the homeless to obtain housing, patients who feel they owe their life to her, and how she just adored her girls and family. What an extraordinary gift to the world, Teresa Sievers, whose light will live on forever in our hearts.

https://judyabl.wordpress.com/2015/...nn-grace-sievers-july-6-2015-rev-dr-judy-lee/

Thank you, Teresa, for embracing every discipline known for the betterment of mankind, for your dedicated stance and vigilance against hatred and injustice, and for respecting every avenue leading to the same God.

(Thank you, also, to mckazpm for this wonderful tribute, and to beach and KateB for their wisdom and support of this forum.)

Dr. Teresa, you're in our thoughts every single day, but especially so on this day you should be celebrating. It's clear so many were blessed just by your being, and the giant light you brought to this world burns bright, shining on in the hearts, minds, memories, and love of your family, friends, and all who knew you. Rest in peace. I pray for justice and for the well-being of your sweet girls.

I reread the homily from Teresa's service filled with stories of her love and compassion, giving her all for "the least of these". The poor who needed medical care, the young mothers from Our Mothers Home, spending the night in the hospital with a close friend, assisting the homeless to obtain housing, patients who feel they owe their life to her, and how she just adored her girls and family. What an extraordinary gift to the world, Teresa Sievers, whose light will live on forever in our hearts.

https://judyabl.wordpress.com/2015/...nn-grace-sievers-july-6-2015-rev-dr-judy-lee/

Thank you, Riversinthedesert, for refreshing this precious homily by Reverend Dr. Judy Lee.

[video=youtube;WA6Q5-Ap3o8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6Q5-Ap3o8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6Q5-Ap3o8[/video]

This reminded me of Teresa Sievers and her life of service...she worked so hard to help people.

I wish Dr. Sievers were here to celebrate her birthday with her daughters. I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for her as she had accomplished so very much and was loved by so many.

I will think of the smiling Dr. Sievers today as well as her daughters and family. What a wonderful person she was!

On her birthday, friends and family remember slain Bonita doctor
By Jessica Lipscomb of the Naples Daily News
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...62-6e62-3666-e053-0100007f8d0e-351566691.html

On a Tuesday 47 years ago, Dr. Teresa Sievers was born Teresa Tottenham at Griffin Hospital in the small town of Derby, Connecticut. She was a fussy baby. Her 6-year-old sister wondered if there was maybe something wrong with her, but their mother just explained that babies couldn't talk, so they had to cry when they were hungry.

That was their Teresa: She made noise, she never went unnoticed, she wasn't afraid to ask for what she deserved.

"She just always knew what she wanted," said her older sister, Annie Tottenham Lisa. "She was just this magical, no BS kid. She never changed in her demeanor. She was no pretenses."

lots more at link.

She was my Doctor. She was a very unique individual. Rest in peace Dr Sievers. You changed so many lives.

On her birthday, friends and family remember slain Bonita doctor
By Jessica Lipscomb of the Naples Daily News
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...62-6e62-3666-e053-0100007f8d0e-351566691.html

On a Tuesday 47 years ago, Dr. Teresa Sievers was born Teresa Tottenham at Griffin Hospital in the small town of Derby, Connecticut. She was a fussy baby. Her 6-year-old sister wondered if there was maybe something wrong with her, but their mother just explained that babies couldn't talk, so they had to cry when they were hungry.

That was their Teresa: She made noise, she never went unnoticed, she wasn't afraid to ask for what she deserved.

"She just always knew what she wanted," said her older sister, Annie Tottenham Lisa. "She was just this magical, no BS kid. She never changed in her demeanor. She was no pretenses."

lots more at link.

This is just a fantastic story by Jessica Kudos to her. Nice to see a story about TS, the woman, the person, the pioneer as opposed to constant stories on her murder. God bless her and her family today and every day.

I have a sad and heavy heart today for TS' birthday. I know she is around us but it breaks my heart that those that didn't know her, have no idea what this world lost. My heart also breaks for her family, especially her two beautiful daughters. I can't imagine how unbearable this must be for them. My thoughts and love to all of them

This is just a fantastic story by Jessica Kudos to her. Nice to see a story about TS, the woman, the person, the pioneer as opposed to constant stories on her murder. God bless her and her family today and every day.

Welcome to the forum, FTT1.

NDN has added photos that I did not see on my first read this morning.

N0011989137--63245.JPG

Teresa Tottenham Sievers in an undated family photo. (Submitted Photo)

3 more at Naples Daily News link, including a charming baby photo of Dr. Sievers that I plan to size edit and post this evening (unless someone beats me. )

Thinking of Dr. Sievers' family and friends as we all honor her today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back