Joey Feek (country singer dying from cancer)

Xara

Reaction score
Full disclosure: I am not really a country fan and have never heard of Joey until recently.

I thought maybe there were some country music fans here and I didn't see a thread, so I decided to post.

There have been a few articles at the DM about her, and it has touched me greatly. Here is a link for an article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...daughter-Indiana-s-2nd-birthday-February.html

Please be sure to click on the link "this life I live" in the article. It is a blog that her husband, Rory writes.

Warning: be sure to have some Kleenex handy.

Joey and Rory are beautiful souls. They inspire me. Thank you for starting a thread for them.

I wasn't aware of them either, but truly she is an inspiration in so many ways. The grace she is showing to others, the way she loves her baby girl as she savors every second, and being the brave one for her husband and other daughters. She is an amazing and beautiful soul teaching us all not how to die, but live to the very end with dignity, devotion, and determination. Thank you, Joey. Godspeed.

I wasn't aware of them either, but truly she is an inspiration in so many ways. The grace she is showing to others, the way she loves her baby girl as she savors every second, and being the brave one for her husband and other daughters. She is an amazing and beautiful soul teaching us all not how to die, but live to the very end with dignity, devotion, and determination. Thank you, Joey. Godspeed.

Beautiful words.....thank you.

And now I'm crying again.

Rory's blog has just about torn my heart to shreds.
I got to the part about their friend building her "box" and was sobbing uncontrollably.

Thanks for reading.

She and her hubby done the commercials for Overstock.com several years ago. That's how I first got to know them. Loved them ever since.

[video=youtube;CBzdUfv0JIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBzdUfv0JIs[/video]

Country radio has never given Joey and Rory any airtime. I wish that they would...especially this song, recorded in 2012, a few years before the C word ever came on the scene.

They are such sweet souls. Why always the good ones, God??

Prayers for Joey, Rory, Heidi, Hopie, and baby Indy. Thank you for sharing your mommy with us.

https://youtu.be/xcpjSMmWUDw

Country radio has never given Joey and Rory any airtime. I wish that they would...especially this song, recorded in 2012, a few years before the C word ever came on the scene.

They are such sweet souls. Why always the good ones, God??

Prayers for Joey, Rory, Heidi, Hopie, and baby Indy. Thank you for sharing your mommy with us.

https://youtu.be/xcpjSMmWUDw
What a wonderful, yet tear jerking song. I hate and love it at the same time. I cannot find words to express the variety of emotions I have, I'll just keep listening to their songs for a while. Thank you for sharing the link.

She and her hubby done the commercials for Overstock.com several years ago. That's how I first got to know them. Loved them ever since.

[video=youtube;CBzdUfv0JIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBzdUfv0JIs[/video]

Me as well and the song "cheater cheater" my older sister's husband was cheating at that time....
I am in awe of the grace they are showing...God bless them

Although not a fan, this story really touches me. After the birth of my fourth child I was diagnosed with stage 0 cervical cancer. Luckily for me, it was caught before it became invasive. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I only gotten a pap test done every three years, which is the new recommendation.

Joey is far too young to be dying.

Although not a fan, this story really touches me. After the birth of my fourth child I was diagnosed with stage 0 cervical cancer. Luckily for me, it was caught before it became invasive. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I only gotten a pap test done every three years, which is the new recommendation.

It's been far too long since I've had a pap. I'm going to make an appointment.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts in such beautiful words.
So glad I found this thread.

I have been keeping up with Joey + Rory since Joey's second cancer diagnosis. It has been hard to read of the sad and uplifting life they are living.

They also have a Facebook page, along with the blog mentioned above. He has a way with words and a heart of gold.

Here is an updated article.

http://tasteofcountry.com/joey-feek-daughter-indiana-photo-cancer-update/

That little girl is freaking adorable.
I wanted to name my baby Indy if he was a girl.
Heartbreaking story.

I just turned 60 and had what would have been my last pap for 5 years. Except after 40 years of perfectly normal results I had an abnormal result.
I had to have a colposcopy, and which is basically a biopsy done in the Dr.'s office without any medication and it was pretty awful. However I realize I am very lucky. as there were no cancer cells present.

I did a lot of reading about Cervical Cancer and it is an extremely slow moving form of cancer. I am surprised it could have advanced so far, but I assume it has something to do with the fact that she had cancer previously.

Yes, she is far too young to be dying. It is really sad.

'She is in Heaven': Terminally-ill singer Joey Feek, 40, dies in her husband's arms, six months after terminal cervical cancer diagnosis

Joey Feek passed away at the age of 40 Friday afternoon

Her husband Rory wrote; 'My wife's greatest dream came true today. She is in Heaven. The cancer is gone. The pain has ceased'

Joey's hospice nurse said Monday morning that the terminally-ill star has just a 'few more days'

Joey's husband Rory shared the tragic news, saying; 'My wife has been asleep for days now and her body is shutting down quickly'

Rory also said that after their daughter Indiana's second birthday, Joey told him she wanted to stop fighting and was ready to 'go home'

She then said goodbye to her family members and asked to see her daughter so she could give her 'one last kiss'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ill-country-singer-s-days.html#ixzz41z4YMFKN

'She is in Heaven': Terminally-ill singer Joey Feek, 40, dies in her husband's arms, six months after terminal cervical cancer diagnosis

Joey Feek passed away at the age of 40 Friday afternoon

Her husband Rory wrote; 'My wife's greatest dream came true today. She is in Heaven. The cancer is gone. The pain has ceased'

Joey's hospice nurse said Monday morning that the terminally-ill star has just a 'few more days'

Joey's husband Rory shared the tragic news, saying; 'My wife has been asleep for days now and her body is shutting down quickly'

Rory also said that after their daughter Indiana's second birthday, Joey told him she wanted to stop fighting and was ready to 'go home'

She then said goodbye to her family members and asked to see her daughter so she could give her 'one last kiss'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ill-country-singer-s-days.html#ixzz41z4YMFKN

Thank you for the update.

This is so sad!!!!
RIP Joey!!!
Prayers to your husband, daughter, family, and friends!!

Fly high and free now Joey- you'll watch over your loved ones from a different place!

When she quit treatment back in October the Drs. Gave her maybe 2 months at the time. When Joey & Rory were up for a Grammy she set 2 goals. 1 to watch the Grammy's and to have Indy's second birthday which were close together.
When the Grammy's were close she wanted Rory to go he refused . That is how unselfish this lady was . But at the same time how loving of a Husband Rory was.
After they celebrated Indy's birthday Joey than knew it was time to g home .
She is now out of pain and flying with the Angels .
RIP JOEY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361