1103 users online (279 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

Landscape gardener and his neighbour appear in court over grooming, rape and murder of Kayleigh Haywood

A landscape gardener has appeared in court charged with the murder and rape of schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood.
    The 15-year-old sparked a huge police search when she disappeared last Friday after being dropped off outside Ibstock Community College, Leicestershire, by her parents.
    Kayleigh’s body was discovered in a field on Wednesday night a few hundred yards from where she was last seen.
    Horticulturalist Stephen Beadman was charged with murder and rape last night. He made a brief appearance at Leicester Magistrates’ Court today accused of the offences.

[...]

Beadman’s next door neighbour, Luke Harlow, also made a brief appearance accused of grooming Kayleigh, of Measham, Leicestershire, and two counts of sexual activity with a child.

Thread 1
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 11-20-2015 at 08:58 AM.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Tributes line church in Kayleigh Haywood's hometown

Today more flowers and messages of condolence for Kayleigh Haywood and her family have been left outside St Laurence Church at Measham in Leicestershire.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

A bit more info here on LHs charge

Dark-hared Harlow, of heavy build, was wearing a grey sweat top and bottoms.

He stands accused of grooming a girl under 16 years on line for sex.

He is also accused of two charges of unlawful sexual touching of a 15-year-old girl between Thursday, November 12 and Monday, November 16.

And this part. about the cases being linked, so doesnt look as though LH left Kayleigh and she just happened to then fall into SBs path.

Alan Murphy, prosecuting, opposed bail.

He said that the cases against both defendants were linked.

Harlow's solicitor Tarsem Salhan made no application for bail.

And this - isnt it a bit early for a CMH ?

Mr Clarkson remanded Harlow in custody until December 18 to Leicester Crown Court for a plea and management hearing.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Ka...#ixzz3s2D6rBp2
    Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Not sure if anybody's quoted LH's mother's comment. Looks like she may have been trying to let people know he didn't just watch horror stuff. Interesting to see her use past tense when describing him too.

'Luke's just an overgrown kid, we've always said that. He liked Del Boy, he liked The Simpsons, he liked Family Guy, Two and a Half Men."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3s2CfbePg

Quote Originally Posted by homefront View Post
    I wonder if SB felt that Kayleigh should be willing to engage in sexual activity with him, since she was with his buddy LH, and when she wasn't...

Shades of the Ched Evans case ( footballer charged with rape, friend found not guilty with same person, same night )

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSkies View Post
    BBC reporting that no plea has been made and that SB will be applying for bail this afternoon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-en...shire-34814954
    What the...?

Good luck with that SB!

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    For the police to say with certainty what date Kayleigh was raped and killed, and not put it between a range of dates, I think LH must have seen her alive on the Sunday or SB has admitted it.
    Or theres video/CCTV footage?

Quote Originally Posted by sleuth-d- View Post
    number 5 and number 7 are back to back... the estate aerial image shows the position of - and relationship between - the two houses in relation to the avenue layout, and their proximity to the park.
    very secluded... i.e. right at the edge of the development, and the van could be reversed right up to the front door of either.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...uspect-6862969
    So SB's CCTV cameras might have LH's covered property?

Ok, please someone tell me there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    I'm not sure what the age of consent is there, but if she was under that age it would be considered rape. In the States even if she's over the age of consent it's still rape if the age difference is over 4 years. I'm not familiar with the laws there so who knows.
    Consent is 16 here in the UK. I don't think we have the 4 yr rule - once you're over the age of consent that's it, as far as I'm aware.

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are.

You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.

Unless more evidence comes out which leads to other charges being brought against LH, I can only see him as doing what millions of people worldwide do also. In some countries it is legal and in others it is illegal, but as it currently stands, I am not seeing any reason to think there was intention to harm Kayleigh from LH.

Teenagers are very willful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

Perhaps I need a wake up call. If it was my 15 year old daughter say, (who is now 22) and obviously without the rape and murder, I would perhaps look at why she was needing this attention from an older man, rather than condemning her or him for sexual behaviour. The internet has played a role in this, but in my day I managed to carry off my own behaviour without internet or a mobile phone. She was a year away from the age of consent. I went to an all girls school, and my own experience was not uncommon. If Kayleigh wasn't going to come to harm with LH, then I see this as undesirable but not that unusual.

I think it right that he is charged and suitably punished, but I don't, with the current charges, see him particularly as a predator or a paedophile.

I'm not saying I can't understand other people's attitudes to this, but I would like to know if my moral boundaries are totally screwed and if they are that different from others.

Re the Sexual Touching - Post 3 on this thread - I wonder if that is all LH will admit to, and the police have no evidence to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinlass View Post
    Ok so please someone tell me that there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!
    Very rare for a murder suspect to get bail ( I have read of it one time, and it had a disastrous ending ).

Not sure that confessing would help him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinlass View Post
    Ok so please someone tell me that there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

If he's asking for bail I'm assuming he's denying the charges. You'd have to be mental to admit raping and killing somebody then ask for bail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    Re the Sexual Touching - Post 3 on this thread - I wonder if that is all LH will admit to, and the police have no evidence to prove otherwise.
    Maybe. The fact that he did "only" touch makes me think he did know she was under 16.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast