GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Landscape gardener and his neighbour appear in court over grooming, rape and murder of Kayleigh Haywood

2E853F1200000578-3325142-Teenager_Kayleigh_Haywood_15_pictured_from_Measham_Leicestershir-m-8_1447970226072.jpg

A landscape gardener has appeared in court charged with the murder and rape of schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood.
The 15-year-old sparked a huge police search when she disappeared last Friday after being dropped off outside Ibstock Community College, Leicestershire, by her parents.
Kayleigh’s body was discovered in a field on Wednesday night a few hundred yards from where she was last seen.
Horticulturalist Stephen Beadman was charged with murder and rape last night. He made a brief appearance at Leicester Magistrates’ Court today accused of the offences.

[...]

Beadman’s next door neighbour, Luke Harlow, also made a brief appearance accused of grooming Kayleigh, of Measham, Leicestershire, and two counts of sexual activity with a child.

Thread 1

A bit more info here on LHs charge

Dark-hared Harlow, of heavy build, was wearing a grey sweat top and bottoms.

He stands accused of grooming a girl under 16 years on line for sex.

He is also accused of two charges of unlawful sexual touching of a 15-year-old girl between Thursday, November 12 and Monday, November 16.

And this part. about the cases being linked, so doesnt look as though LH left Kayleigh and she just happened to then fall into SBs path.

Alan Murphy, prosecuting, opposed bail.

He said that the cases against both defendants were linked.

Harlow's solicitor Tarsem Salhan made no application for bail.

And this - isnt it a bit early for a CMH ?

Mr Clarkson remanded Harlow in custody until December 18 to Leicester Crown Court for a plea and management hearing.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/K...tory-28212250-detail/story.html#ixzz3s2D6rBp2
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I wonder if SB felt that Kayleigh should be willing to engage in sexual activity with him, since she was with his buddy LH, and when she wasn't...:(

Shades of the Ched Evans case ( footballer charged with rape, friend found not guilty with same person, same night )

For the police to say with certainty what date Kayleigh was raped and killed, and not put it between a range of dates, I think LH must have seen her alive on the Sunday or SB has admitted it.

Or theres video/CCTV footage?

number 5 and number 7 are back to back... the estate aerial image shows the position of - and relationship between - the two houses in relation to the avenue layout, and their proximity to the park.
very secluded... i.e. right at the edge of the development, and the van could be reversed right up to the front door of either.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parents-kayleigh-haywood-murder-suspect-6862969

So SB's CCTV cameras might have LH's covered property?

Ok, please someone tell me there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

I'm not sure what the age of consent is there, but if she was under that age it would be considered rape. In the States even if she's over the age of consent it's still rape if the age difference is over 4 years. I'm not familiar with the laws there so who knows.

Consent is 16 here in the UK. I don't think we have the 4 yr rule - once you're over the age of consent that's it, as far as I'm aware.

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are.

You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.

Unless more evidence comes out which leads to other charges being brought against LH, I can only see him as doing what millions of people worldwide do also. In some countries it is legal and in others it is illegal, but as it currently stands, I am not seeing any reason to think there was intention to harm Kayleigh from LH.

Teenagers are very willful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

Perhaps I need a wake up call. If it was my 15 year old daughter say, (who is now 22) and obviously without the rape and murder, I would perhaps look at why she was needing this attention from an older man, rather than condemning her or him for sexual behaviour. The internet has played a role in this, but in my day I managed to carry off my own behaviour without internet or a mobile phone. She was a year away from the age of consent. I went to an all girls school, and my own experience was not uncommon. If Kayleigh wasn't going to come to harm with LH, then I see this as undesirable but not that unusual.

I think it right that he is charged and suitably punished, but I don't, with the current charges, see him particularly as a predator or a paedophile.

I'm not saying I can't understand other people's attitudes to this, but I would like to know if my moral boundaries are totally screwed and if they are that different from others.

Re the Sexual Touching - Post 3 on this thread - I wonder if that is all LH will admit to, and the police have no evidence to prove otherwise.

Ok so please someone tell me that there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

Very rare for a murder suspect to get bail ( I have read of it one time, and it had a disastrous ending ).

Not sure that confessing would help him at all.

Ok so please someone tell me that there is no chance he will get bailed? Would the bail chance increase if he has indeed confessed?!

If he's asking for bail I'm assuming he's denying the charges. You'd have to be mental to admit raping and killing somebody then ask for bail.

Re the Sexual Touching - Post 3 on this thread - I wonder if that is all LH will admit to, and the police have no evidence to prove otherwise.

Maybe. The fact that he did "only" touch makes me think he did know she was under 16.

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are.

You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.

Unless more evidence comes out which leads to other charges being brought against LH, I can only see him as doing what millions of people worldwide do also. In some countries it is legal and in others it is illegal, but as it currently stands, I am not seeing any reason to think there was intention to harm Kayleigh from LH.

Teenagers are very willful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

Perhaps I need a wake up call. If it was my 15 year old daughter say, (who is now 22) and obviously without the rape and murder, I would perhaps look at why she was needing this attention from an older man, rather than condemning her or him for sexual behaviour. The internet has played a role in this, but in my day I managed to carry off my own behaviour without internet or a mobile phone. She was a year away from the age of consent. I went to an all girls school, and my own experience was not uncommon. If Kayleigh wasn't going to come to harm with LH, then I see this as undesirable but not that unusual.

I think it right that he is charged and suitably punished, but I don't, with the current charges, see him particularly as a predator or a paedophile.

I'm not saying I can't understand other people's attitudes to this, but I would like to know if my moral boundaries are totally screwed and if they are that different from others.
100% with you...There's nothing we have seen so far to say that LH did this regularly I. E that he was grooming on the regs or a sexual predator. Sure what he did was wrong, no denying that but this happens day in day out, just look in the papers. If kayleigh was alive and people found out about their relationship (or whatever it was) I'm sure some people would be disgusted but I bet quite a few wouldn't bat an eyelid...however because of what has happened the police have no choice but to charge him with grooming..and now everyone wants his head to roll

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I recognise that I may be in a minority, possibly a minority of 1, but I am not seeing this through the same lenses as I see others here are. You see when I was a teenager I too lied to my parents about where I was going and about what I was doing, and I had underage sex.
Teenagers are very wilful and we can say that if she hadn't met LH she wouldn't have met SB and she would be safe today, but I'm not seeing the sick-inducing side of this. It is evident that he had discussed Kayleigh with his family, probably lied about her age, but I've not seen anything to say that she was forced to go, or was immature and naive enough to not know that they would probably have sex.

I agree with you in the most part. I think it's the finding her through FB thing that freaks me out a bit, and it would seem less creepy if he'd just met her at a party or at a gig/club etc. He is also A LOT older than her, but true, he may at first have thought her older than 15, as we know most teenage girls can make themselves look way older with make up and clothing choices. Perhaps he DID meet her 'in real life' first and then found her on FB. Most 27 yr old men (in my limited experience) would shy away from a 15 yr old girl, no matter how made-up, as the risk is just too great of misunderstandings, drama, possible family recriminations, and yes, criminal charges!

I also lied to my parents about where I was going as a teen. I didn't have underage sex (not for the want of trying - unfortunately I was a plain Jane!) but I did take risks with my own safety many times which could have made me vulnerable to predators. When I was 14 I met a 24 yr old at a swimming pool who invited me (and my friend) back to his house to watch a film. We went, he sort of tried it on with me but gave up quite quickly when he saw my reluctance, we watched the film and then we left. Looking back, that was a really stupid thing to do, and thank goodness my friend came with me or he might have not taken no for an answer. I assume that KH agreed for the same reason I did - I got little attention from males at school or locally, and was flattered that a *man* had taken an interest.
I used to run home at midnight on my own from babysitting, rather than ask the dad for a lift home (he was usually drunk so I think I was safer running!). Went to dodgy pubs in the red light district, chatted to homeless men there, went to parties where I knew very few people and relied on one person to get me home. And no mobile phone to summon help if needed.

We all take risks as teenagers and unfortunately it will be very difficult for KH's family to realise that she possibly made a bad decision last weekend. Please don't think I'm victim-blaming here -she obviously didn't deserve to be raped and murdered, but presumably if SB didn't exist it may have been just a silly weekend with an older man that she'd have looked back on and cringed 20 yrs later. Caveat: as the charges currently stand against LH - these may change of course.

Anyway, after that essay, Tortoise - you are not alone! Paedophiles, in my opinion, are not just people who find under-16s attractive. You can't tell who's 15 or 14 or 16 when they are dressed up to the nines and trying to impress. Paedophiles - in MY opinion - are people who find children, who LOOK like children, attractive sexually. They wouldn't want a girl who looked 19 or 23, as that is not a child. If LH did find out that Kayleigh was 15 then he should've walked away, no question.

All MOO, *obviously*

I went to a mixed school so possibly different as we had "access" to more males our own age. At 15 I fancied 15-18 year olds but there were a couple of girls that age that had boyfriends that were 20/21. Anything over that, even back then (80s) would have been thought of as weird. Once in 6th form, so aged 16/17, I remember one girl, having a boyfriend who was 30 and we all thought that was really strange... strange that she could fancy somebody that old.

So... yes a 27 year old and a 15 year old to me is weird. She looks and came across in her facebook posts as quite immature to me, her spelling for example came across like that of a much younger child and I actually wondered if she had a learning disability, though this has never been reported or confirmed so don't think she did. His family say he was like a big kid too so maybe they were at the same maturity level. I do remember reading something a while ago that said men in their twenties now were at the same mental age as teenage girls. Once she was 16 I'd still find it weird and by then it would be perfectly legal.

So yes I find it weird but not on the same level of men who have sex with pre pubescent children.

ETA and yes I took risks as a teen too, told little white lies about where I was staying and what I was doing. I think most people will appreciate that Kayleigh was just being a teen and was incredibly unlucky, bless her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back