944 users online (178 members and 766 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - J'Zyra Thompson, 19 mos, burned in oven by 3yo siblings, Houston, Nov 2015

Court records obtained by Eyewitness News show Child Protective Services is concerned with a number of issues relating to Thompson and her boyfriend. Records show Thompson [the mother] told officials she often left the kids home alone to drive her boyfriend to work at a pizza restaurant...
    Court records show Price's [the father's] two kids told investigators that one of them put the baby in the oven, and the other turned it on. Records show the children told CPS workers they made the oven "hot," and that the baby was kicking the oven door while inside. Records also show Thompson tried CPR when she got home. But it was too late, the child had multiple burns...
    No charges have been filed against Thompson or her boyfriend, though CPS workers said in their court filings that criminal charges are expected.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/toddler-...e-say/1092682/

Just gonna sit here and absorb for a moment
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Oh dear God. I have no words.

I just cannot. My god. That poor, poor baby.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

I hoped I had read the title to this wrong. I don't even know what to say. RIP sweet baby. I have read many disturbing cases on WS, but this just blows my mind!!
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

I just don't understand - 3 year olds?? How do three year olds know how to turn on the oven? And why would you leave a three year old and a 19 month old home alone?

Quote Originally Posted by amymarie View Post
    I just don't understand - 3 year olds?? How do three year olds know how to turn on the oven? And why would you leave a three year old and a 19 month old home alone?
    It seems that there was also a 5 year in the apartment.

A juvenile court judge ordered the two other children and another one of their siblings, aged 3, 3, and 5, into foster homes Wednesday in a custody hearing a day after J’zyra Thomspon died..
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.2439634

Also, the children's grandmother lived in the same building and said she had no idea the children were being left alone and she would have been happy to watch them

I thought I'd seen it all!

That poor baby!

I cannot even begin to process this.
    Justice for Trayvon

I can't believe she left them alone! Just the other day, my daughter and son-in-law had an appointment. My granddaughter was at pre-school and I went over to watch my grandson on the monitor, sleeping. He never stirred. But still, he was not left alone!

That poor baby, and really, those poor innocent children who really didn't know any better!
    Vermont born and raised!

I'm not at all clear the children did this. Really, they turned the oven over? You have to listen to the audio to get a much fuller story than is in the print article. The CPS worker certainly appears to not believe the story.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/natio...turn/76164434/

CPS told the judge the 5-year-old girl claims to have been sleeping when it happened. The case worker also said one of the 3-year-old children took responsibility for putting the baby in the oven.

"We're still going to be working with the children. Part of that is going to be counseling to see if we can help them deal with those memories and what happened," said Strickland.
    http://m.click2houston.com/news/chil...death/36522670

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I'm not at all clear the children did this. Really, they turned the oven over? You have to listen to the audio to get a much fuller story than is in the print article. The CPS worker certainly appears to not believe the story.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/natio...turn/76164434/
    All the print articles say the mom left to take the BF to work, but the video there says something completely different. It says SHE was at work, and when HE came home, he found the oven knocked over.

This story is horrendous. I don't think the 3 year olds did it. 3 year olds don't knock ovens over.

J'zyra Thompson burned to death 'after playing with the oven' | Daily Mail Online

[...]
    It's unclear whether she had been in the oven or on top of the stove.

Apparently, the mother left the three children in the care of her boyfriend while she went to work, but at the point when the accident happened the four were alone.

Both the mother, who is pregnant and has not been identified by name, and her boyfriend were taken to the police station early Tuesday morning for questioning. The mother's three surviving children were placed in protective custody.

[...]

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ome-alone.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

HPD investigating death of 1-year-old girl, says child was burned | abc13.com (November 17, 2015)
    [..]
    The grandmother who lives in the complex says she doesn't know why the couple didn't tell anyone the kids were home alone. She says she was home and would have gladly gone over to the other apartment and watched the children if her son and girlfriend wanted to go out.

Other neighbors say it's not the first time they've seen the kids without adult supervision.

"She leaves her kids by themselves all the time, when she goes to work," said Miranda O'Neill Johnson.
    [..]
    http://abc13.com/news/1-year-old-gir...uries/1087867/

#RIPJZyra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast