Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
9WM4BPj.jpg

Amanda Blackburn was 28

Wife of Indianapolis pastor in critical condition after attack in home
Posted 5:42 PM, November 10, 2015, by Greg Margason - Digital Producer

Officers responded to the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. The victim's husband came home and found her unconscious on the floor.

The victim, 28, suffered head trauma and is in critical condition. IMPD says the trauma is consistent with a gunshot wound. Their toddler son was home at the time of the home invasion but was not injured.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-amanda-blackburns-suspected-killer/75901502/

http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_d364f35e-889c-11e5-9266-2f027d2790f2.html
IN - Amanda Blackburn MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES **NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2

I've transcribed about 95% of the first part of the presser, omitting some of the intro from Captain Converse. It's not 100% verbatim because the sound quality was poor in places, and I had problems with buffering. All of the pertinent details are correct, however. (found it)

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

We've had a great outpouring from the community and the neighborhood. A lot of people have come forwarded with descriptions of cars. A lot of people have cameras on their homes. We have a lot of information to go through. And that's what we're doing.

[...]

It's unbelievable how many people have approached us and given us tips to work off of.

We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there...

Approx. 3:20 in the video

Major Eric Hench

[...]

I know Captain Converse really takes this close to heart. He's an outstanding homicide investigator and captain. He's been in homicide for over 12 years. And this one really gets ya.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

At this time I won't be able to release a photograph or a detailed description, although we anticipate being able to do so at some point in the near future.

Continues with admonitions to possible accomplices and/or those who have information to come forward; and a warning/promise to the killer: "You are not as good as you think you are. You left behind evidence. We will find it, and we have found it. And we will find you, and we will not stop until we get you."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

Posted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]

Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

[...]

Lt. Richard Riddle with the Indianapolis Metro Police Department spoke with WTHR about the case.

"Obviously our detectives were back out there last night following up with that case and looking for any more evidence that we can find about that case," he said, regarding the second visit IMPD made to the home.

[...]

"I don't know about specific video in that neighborhood. I know if anyone has any surveillance video we would certainly like look for it, look through it and see if there is anything suspicious on it that we can use for this particular case," said Lt. Riddle.

[...]

Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.

Indianapolis residents may recall a pair of brutal home invasions that occurred in October 2013.

"I know there are concerns of that in the neighborhood. And we're certainly doing our best to bring these killers into our custody and bring them to justice," said Lt. Riddle.

Although Lt. Riddle referred to "killers," he said at this point police don't know how many people they're looking for. They also don't know how the intruders got into the house.

"I know our detectives are speaking with the husband and are following up on basically how he left the house that morning. And if that door was locked or if it wasn't; things like that," said Lt. Riddle.

WTHR also asked Lt. Riddle about the brutality of the crime and the fact that Amanda Blackburn saw the intruders.

"Absolutely, that's something we're looking into. It's a concern to us anytime you have somebody inside their home that's brutally murdered like this. That level brutality, like you said, certainly concerns us. That's why we're really looking for the public's help us to bring these killers forward. You got to believe someone out there knows something. Individuals talk and we're looking for anybody with any more information to come forward."

Neighbors are being advised to keep a watchful eye out.

"If you see something, say something. If you know any information, bring it forward to us. Obviously, personal safety - keep your home locked. Keep your doors and windows secured. If you see any suspicious activity please call 911 immediately. Our officers will respond," said Lt. Riddle.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

Photos released of Amanda Blackburn's suspected killer
Michael Anthony Adams, Jill Disis and Justin L. Mack
9:35 p.m. EST November 16, 2015

QCGPxTe.jpg

Police have released two photos of the man suspected of killing Amanda Blackburn, the pregnant 28-year-old woman who was fatally shot inside her home a week ago.

During a Friday press conference, officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said surveillance footage collected at the scene gave them a glimpse of the suspect who entered Blackburn's home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court Tuesday morning while her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, was at the gym, and the couple's toddler was in his crib.

IMPD released the two surveillance photos around 9 p.m. Monday.

The man seen in the photos is described by investigators as being between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 9 inches tall with a slim-to-medium build. He was wearing light-colored pants and a two-toned hoodie. His photo was captured by a surveillance camera system of a home on Sunnyfield.

I've read here for a while and just registered to add my two cents. Not that it's much.
Saw this story in the NY Daily news a week ago and have followed it ever since.
So many inconsistencies in the reporting. I also don't think it is any of the public's business to know if this poor woman was sexually assaulted or not. As a sexual assault victim myself, my name back then never would have been publicized, so why should a deceased person's sexual assault be made public? We already know this killer is a deranged animal. This crime can't get any more horrific. Hopefully the police who stated there was no SA is the truth.

Many comments on the Indy newspaper articles suspecting the husband still today. For no good reason..they just seem to think he was unemotional in his interview. Well, I thank God that poor guy is a million times stronger than me and has his strong faith. I couldn't get through it like he is. But he has a strong support of family, close friends and his church. I think he is probably in shock still, holding on to his faith. He said he still texts his wife's phone.
He also has a baby to be strong for and I am sure that will keep him going.

So my opinion is these were drug addict/gang punks robbing another house. I do wonder why they would choose 5:30am rather than more in the middle of the night and I do wonder if they knew the owners were away, because a lot of people could be waking up for work at that time. Seems the shots were heard about 6:45am-- which could have meant the killer was inside the home for a whole half hour if killer entered right after he saw the car pull away? The cops saying he left something behind makes me more confident they will find him / them.

Sometimes my mind goes to could this have been someone they knew? It is so hard to think of something this horrific happening so randomly. But then I think of the home invasion in CT, the one in DC and other crimes were it is just completely random. How could this happen in the early morning, on a cul-de-sac with houses so close together and they make a clean get-away? Well they did. Everything went right for them and it is scary to think how 'easy' the clean getaway was. Heartless killers, usually drug addicts who simply don't care, don't have a soul and will do anything to get money. I'll be surprised if it was actually someone who knew them.

I think they will make an arrest soon. All crimes should be worked on this hard. And if anything can be learned, it is to ALWAYS lock your door when you leave (if occupied or not), always check your surroundings when you leave home, if you see someone new/different in the 'hood walking, especially at odd hours, call the police. If you think you hear shots, call the police. Breaks my heart too, to think that she was alive for 2 hours in that house until he got home.

Prayers for the family and their adorable baby boy to have a happy life in the future.

Since my question was on last thread....

Is there any footage for the house 2 doors down that is used to pinpoint the time of that burglary beginning/ending ?

If so, is the footage from that house or another house on the street that is used to pinpoint the timeline ?

I have only seen 2 photos/videos and neither were for that house 2 doors down.

Or is that timeline in some way pinpointed by eyewitnesses via seeing suv coming/going ? Has it even been verified that the SUV was involved in that robbery ?

Sorry, still not clear on what the story with that house 2 doors down is.

Welcome, nyc2015 and all new members!

:welcome5:

"Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said."

The above quote speaks volumes to me.

"Although Lt. Riddle referred to "killers," he said at this point police don't know how many people they're looking for. They also don't know how the intruders got into the house.

"I know our detectives are speaking with the husband and are following up on basically how he left the house that morning. And if that door was locked or if it wasn't; things like that," said Lt. Riddle."

As does this quote.

RIP Amanda and her unborn child. Condolences to her family and everyone who loved her.

I finally had time to look at Amanda's Facebook page for her furniture business (Weathered Willow). She posted many pictures of her home, both inside and outside to showcase her furniture that was for sale. She also seems to have held many yard sales and garage sales to sell her furniture and she posted all of this information on her FB WW page. She posted pics of her son and even mentioned his name on her business page.

If someone came to her door with bad intentions they easily could have known a lot of personal information about her and her home just by browsing her business Facebook page. If her attacker was not a stranger, it doesn't have to have been a family member, either. It could have been a 'fan' of her furniture business or a neighbor who saw her furniture displays in her driveway and front yard.

She had a visible web presence of her own aside from the church website and videos.

Another thing I am not really clear on, but I'd imagine someone has mentioned at some point. If the murder happened at 6:45, that would mean the baby might have been crying at about that time. Did anyone hear a baby crying ? Or at any time between 6:45 and 8:30 when Davey gets home ?

That seems like an awfully long time for a child who is in a house after gunshots were fired, to not be woken up and cry.

:/

Has anyone seen an explanation for this ?

Another thing I am not really clear on, but I'd imagine someone has mentioned at some point. If the murder happened at 6:45, that would mean the baby might have been crying at about that time. Did anyone hear a baby crying ? Or at any time between 6:45 and 8:30 when Davey gets home ?

That seems like an awfully long time for a child who is in a house after gunshots were fired, to not be woken up and cry.

Baby went back to sleep?

Babies can sleep through anything.

Maybe Amanda had just given him a bottle.

Since my question was on last thread....

Is there any footage for the house 2 doors down that is used to pinpoint the time of that burglary beginning/ending ?

If so, is the footage from that house or another house on the street that is used to pinpoint the timeline ?

I have only seen 2 photos/videos and neither were for that house 2 doors down.

Or is that timeline in some way pinpointed by eyewitnesses via seeing suv coming/going ? Has it even been verified that the SUV was involved in that robbery ?

Sorry, still not clear on what the story with that house 2 doors down is.

Yes, there is footage from inside the first residence.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence.
============================================================

There is surveillance video from another home which captured the SUV speeding down the street at 6:00 A.M.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.
=============================================================

The timeline is based on a combination of surveillance video and eyewitness reports.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.
=============================================================

I'm not sure what you mean by verified, but IMPD has strongly indicated that the stolen SUV was the getaway vehicle, based on eyewitness reports and surveillance video around the time of the burglary two doors down. The SUV was later recovered from where it had been ditched, and sent to the lab for evidence processing.

Items were taken from the Blackburn home, another home that was burglarized on the same street and from a stolen SUV used in the get-away vehicle.

“They will swab the steering wheel, or the gear shift, or places they know the person who stole the car touched,” said Paul Minser, with Indiana State Police who works with forensics.

http://wishtv.com/2015/11/18/detectives-are-hoping-dna-leads-to-the-amanda-blackburn-killer/

Those detectives submitted DNA evidence from the Blackburn home, from a neighbor’s house down the street that was burglarized and also from a stolen SUV used a getaway car found near 40th Street and Rookwood Avenue.

http://wishtv.com/2015/11/19/police-question-2-in-connection-to-blackburn-murder/

====================================================================

Hope that helps. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...vasion-Indianapolis-3&p=12202345#post12202345

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

I tell you, with the advent of Touch DNA and cctvs on everyone, only an idiot tries to commit a crime like this.

They will not get away with it!

Babies don't generally wake up a whole neighborhood with their cries.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Okay if the perp attacked at 6am...Davey didn't leave until 6.11am!!!

was Davey STILL HOME when the perp got in?

Or missed him by what...seconds??? :scared:

Terrible presser....they were all over the place and unclear.

Okay if the perp attacked at 6am...Davey didn't leave until 6.11am!!!

was Davey STILL HOME when the perp got in?

Or missed him by what...seconds??? :scared:

I'm not clear on if that was in reference to the attack or the robbing of the house 2 doors down. That's why I was asking about specific information regarding how they determined the beginning and end of that burglary.

I am not even sure there was a direct link between that suv and the robbery beyond speculation. So if the suv came at 6am and left a minute later, that certainly doesn't match gunshots, but it does match the proposed end of the robbery 2 doors down that I've seen noted.

how many got into the suv ? did anyone get left behind ? These are things I really don't see specified.

Simply that someone was seen walking and was caught on cctv. But that's not a clear link between the suv and that person.

Was the suv seen on that cctv ?

haha, just seems like there should be more to look at from that cctv. does it take video or photos intermittently ?

My Q is

If the SUV is the getaway vehicle, why go on foot to the Blackburns?

Has it been confirmed as the getaway vehicle for the attack ?

My understanding is that the perp left on foot. And was seen a few streets away from blackburns again.

So what I surmised earlier is accurate -

lots of people saw him and there will be an efit soon.

You've said efit a few times.....sorry, what is an efit?

Again - seeing a guy in a hoodie and seeing his face are two different things. Yes, there is a reason criminals wear hoodies.

That is why I question how they could have a efit that you keep mentioning. cctv is horrible. Eye witnesses accounts noted don't specify anything but location etc. Supposed atm cam was likely blocked.

Who is going to give them the source description for an efit ?

seems kind of not likely imo, if we haven't seen anything already. If the cctv caught something facial, why not just show that ?

So we are really talking about eyewitnesses right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong