The Laptop Computer

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Is there, in fact, a missing laptop?

I've reviewed all the past posts about the laptop computer because I've noticed many posts refer to "the missing laptop" as though it were fact. Yet I haven't located a single piece of solid evidence that the laptop was or is missing. All the posts about the laptop have been speculative.

Can anyone supply some *solid* evidence that a laptop was missing? Not speculation or deduction or rumour, but evidence or first-hand knowledge.

Thanks,

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
Is there, in fact, a missing laptop?

I've reviewed all the past posts about the laptop computer because I've noticed many posts refer to "the missing laptop" as though it were fact. Yet I haven't located a single piece of solid evidence that the laptop was or is missing. All the posts about the laptop have been speculative.

Can anyone supply some *solid* evidence that a laptop was missing? Not speculation or deduction or rumour, but evidence or first-hand knowledge.

Thanks,

Hoppy

There has been no mention in the media regarding the laptop. However, numerous posters here have either received tips or reported that Raven has indeed said that his laptop was stolen that night.

Hope that helps.

Recall Rooster's posts.

post_old.gif
06-04-2005, 04:25 AM
Rooster
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_667494", true);

Dude or dudette took a lap top. And probably didn't leave it behind to be fingerprinted.

Jenifred said:
Dude or dudette took a lap top. And probably didn't leave it behind to be fingerprinted.
I never realized before how odd that statement is. If dude or dudette took it, obviously they didn't leave it behind for fingerprints. You can't take something but also leave it behind. :waitasec: But I also find it odd how it doesn't seem that any unusual fingerprints were left behind on anything. Not on a window or a door or a piece of electronics equipment or a countertop ...

You know that is an interesting observation of Rooster's comment.

Let's see, what could have possibly been on that computer that either someone wanted or Raven wanted to hide.

a. *advertiser censored*
b. Financials
c. Evidence of a life insurance policy
d. All of the above

golfmom said:
Let's see, what could have possibly been on that computer that either someone wanted or Raven wanted to hide.
- Evidence of other relationships.
- Evidence of premeditation, (either web sites or writings).

JerseyGirl said:
- Evidence of other relationships.
- Evidence of premeditation, (either web sites or writings).

Interesting ... that little ole google subpoena is going to be verrrryyy verrrryyy interesting!

I wonder if there are other means that the detectives are using to track down what was on the laptop?

golfmom said:
Interesting ... that little ole google subpoena is going to be verrrryyy verrrryyy interesting!

I wonder if there are other means that the detectives are using to track down what was on the laptop?
I sure as hell hope so. I have a feeling that the evidence that's probably on that laptop is the mirror of Raven's soul. The true Raven, whomever that might be, is probably completely evident in those files.

JerseyGirl said:
I sure as hell hope so. I have a feeling that the evidence that's probably on that laptop is the mirror of Raven's soul. The true Raven, whomever that might be, is probably completely evident in those files.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if someone got a chance to mirror that harddrive before Janet was murdered? Or if there is a copy floating around of the harddrive?

golfmom said:
Or if there is a copy floating around of the harddrive?
Can you imagine??? I'll tell you this much - if Raven was as into that computer as it seems, I would HIGHLY suspect that there is indeed a copy of the hard drive somewhere. I just can't see him tossing his beloved laptop too easily. Unless - like you said - he made a copy of it first.

JerseyGirl said:
Can you imagine??? I'll tell you this much - if Raven was as into that computer as it seems, I would HIGHLY suspect that there is indeed a copy of the hard drive somewhere. I just can't see him tossing his beloved laptop too easily. Unless - like you said - he made a copy of it first.
I don't know if Raven is dumb enough to make a copy of his hard drive if he really ditched his laptop.

Moxie said:
I don't know if Raven is dumb enough to make a copy of his hard drive if he really ditched his laptop.
What if he needed something that was still on there, like insurance policy numbers or whatever?

Moxie said:
I agree. But if he had the chance, and had a place to keep the copy without it being discovered, why not?

JerseyGirl said:
I agree. But if he had the chance, and had a place to keep the copy without it being discovered, why not?
Do you think that he could trust someone enough to keep it secret, if he passed it on? Or do you think that he placed it somewhere (buried deep in the ground like a time capsule)?

Jenifred said:
Do you think that he could trust someone enough to keep it secret, if he passed it on? Or do you think that he placed it somewhere (buried deep in the ground like a time capsule)?
Oh Raven has lots of friends that are close and trustworthy. Don't you hear them all shouting from the rooftops that he is innocent? It's deafening!

Jenifred said:
IF he were to have made a copy, I think that he does have people that would keep his secrets. But I suspect that he would rely on himself and his own methods to stash that disk.

A guilty conscience would do much for a friend that was guarding something he knew would help find a killer.

Jenifred said:
A guilty conscience would do much for a friend that was guarding something he knew would help find a killer.
I'm not thinking along the lines of friends ... I'm thinking more along the lines of family. The "us against them" mentality.

You know, the more I ponder this subject the more certain I am that Raven did in fact make a copy of his hard drive.

If you KNEW your computer was going to be *stolen* tomorrow, wouldn't you copy as much as you possibly could before hand?

I bet if LE looks hard enough, a copy might turn up somewhere of EXACTLY what was on that hard drive.

But he'd have to get rid of it quick--you think he'd pass it off to a local friend or mail it out to family? Seems the mailing part might leave a trace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back