AK AK - Vivian Foote, 74, Unalakleet, 18 Nov 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Vivian Foote
Vivian%20Foote%203x2.jpg

Massive search underway in Unalakleet for missing woman
"A major search was underway Friday -- the third day in a row -- in the Western Alaska village of Unalakleet for a 74-year-old woman last seen Wednesday, Alaska State Troopers said.

Vivian Foote had been walking near her home, as she frequently did. But she didn’t make it back.

Her daughter, Sheri Foote, discovered her missing around 2 p.m. Wednesday when she went to pick her up for a flight to Anchorage. About an hour later, she notified the Unalakleet Search and Rescue team, said Middy Johnson, coordinator of the search group. Ironically, Vivian Foote's late husband Robert was one of the founders of Unalakleet Search and Rescue.

Thirty to 50 volunteers mobilized right away and searched door-to-door as well and the surrounding areas, including by the mostly frozen river, Johnson said."

Vivian%20Foote%20Search%2008.JPG
Vivian%20Foote%20Search%2007.JPG
Vivian%20Foote%20Search%2006.JPG

https://www.adn.com/article/20151120/massive-search-underway-unalakleet-missing-woman

What a nightmare for them. I think I'd call for help first and *then* start searching if it were my elderly mother living in Alaska, of all things. I hope her medical issues didn't lead her to walk off intentionally. :(

According to an update 3 days ago on the family's page Footeprints: Searching for Vivian by Laureli Ivanoff the $5,500 goal was surpassed (they raised over $7K in 4 days!). This allowed them to hire 4 search dogs and their handlers to assist in the search, along with the charter flight. :crossfingers:

I'm still searching for further updates on this case. My beloved Ma is 74 years old. I can't even imagine her missing, alone out in the cold! :no:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troopers suspend five-day search for Unalakleet woman .. | Alaska Dispatch News
[...]
Johnson said searchers in Unalakleet and other nearby communities were weighing their options, including a possible coastal search by boat later this week.

“We just have to wait for better weather,” Johnson said.

Searchers are asking on their Facebook page that anyone who has seen Foote or has word on her whereabouts call 907-625-1045 or 907-625-1316.

More@Link

http://www.adn.com/article/20151123/unalakleet-woman-gone-5-days-still-missing-storm-arrives

:notgood:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One week missing in that weather? With medical issues too - uh this does not sound good.

The "mostly" frozen river is a red flag. I don't think this will have a happy outcome :(

Sad news about a relative of Vivian's, Harold Soxie.

Unalakleet man found dead on ATV trail north of town
2:48 PM December 16, 2015
http://www.ktva.com/unalakleet-man-found-dead-on-atv-trail-north-of-town-750/

Soxie’s death carries even more weight because of his connection with Vivian Foote, the Unalakleet elder who went missing less one month ago. He was Foote’s nephew, and as Erickson explained, he was on the front lines of the search and rescue effort to find Foote.

Soxie’s body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner for an autopsy. Meanwhile Vivian Foote has yet to be recovered.

RIP Harold.

There have been no reports in 2016 on Vivian, also the for the search has been closed.

I don't know if they found her or she is considered dead as of winter etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back