Family Rescues Pet Dog From 200-Pound Alligator

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
2snoopydance.gif

An Orange County family's pet dog is lucky to be alive after a 200-pound alligator grabbed the pet and attempted to drag it under water, according to Local 6 News.

Heather Robbins said her 4-year-old Labrador, Ellie, was retrieving a tossed toy at Lake Mary Jane when the alligator grabbed the dog.

Family members swimming nearby noticed the attack and swam to help the dog.

"I turned around to do something with the kids and I heard a yelp and she was in the alligator's mouth," Robbins said.

The dog was freed from the alligator's mouth and was treated.Local 6 News reported that Ellie is recovering quicker than expected. Sunday, the dog could not stand but Monday she was walking around.

http://www.local6.com/news/4993171/detail.html

This is a very common thing in Florida. Gators usually hover near the edge of the water waiting for some unsuspecting prey to come in and play or get close enough for a good chomp!. We've had many a friend who have lost their dogs to gators. I'm glad this one survived:)

bakerprune64 said:
This is a very common thing in Florida. Gators usually hover near the edge of the water waiting for some unsuspecting prey to come in and play or get close enough for a good chomp!. We've had many a friend who have lost their dogs to gators. I'm glad this one survived:)
----------

I could never live in Florida! OMG if something chommped on my Red I would die! I am not kidding,could never leave him alone in a disaster either~just have to die with him..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back