814 users online (114 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-4-2 View Post
    Lol... "lifeless blow up doll." As opposed to what other kind of blow up doll?
    Maybe DJ Kinky Kirk's doll squeals when touched...LOL! I don't think I could spend 2 minutes reading his writing if it's anything like listening to him talk. I still have nightmares of his "let's back up a minute..." UGH. Thank you to all for giving us a view of his book and analysis. I don't think I could stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickshawFan View Post
    I wrote a note in our previous thread about how a whole class of sex offenders are 19-year-old boys with 16-year-old girlfriends, yes, high school kids who are doing what normal high school kids do. It's just that the girl's parents object, and next thing, he's a felon, does jail time, is supervised for years, and for the rest of his life has to register as a sex offender.
    So, I think we have to be careful about lumping sex offenders all together: we could be talking about half of the high school seniors in the country, since so many will have underage girlfriends. This could be your son, your husband, your brother.....

Nurmi almost certainly had cases like this, and these "sex offenders" would have been lucky to have him.
    But a better strategy for Nurmi to follow in cases like this, imo, would be to point out the obvious injustice of applying the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit of the law, since it obviously wasn't written for cases like this.

I'm not sure how 'lucky' they would be to have Nurmi trying to convince the Jury that these probably normal young men were sexually abused as children, which is what my original post was saying.
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

Trapped with Ms. Arias:

Chapter 8

My Initial Review of the Evidence Related to the Crime

most evidence was disclosed by State (police reports, videos , crime scene photos, interviews with murderer's family, school records, etc.)

State didn't disclose many text messages/emails

"one of the most gruesome crime scenes I have ever viewed"

"told ..a story of unmitigated rage" "one heck of a fight"

questioned "who did this?" (ninja story at the time), if murderer- done alone?, did she have help?, if alone, how did she do this?

speaks about some scenario of another person helping her, but no real evidence that there was an accomplice- ditched that theory

concluded that if the murderer killed Travis, she did it alone, but had to consider that perhaps ninja story was true, but never made sense to him

as atty had to consider her story at this time "to consider merits of the story of which there truly were none"- see if it can be disproved "by any physical evidence so that I can either confront her with that evidence or be prepared if somebody else were to do the same"

only DNA found was from the murderer and from Travis, but didn't mean that there wasn't 2 ninjas- no other evidence found that could disprove either theory (she alone or 2 ninjas)

Det Flores could not, at this point, conclude that ninja story was false- only confronted her with "no evidence to support ninja story and that it made no sense"

he received many letters/emails on theories from attys, investigators, well-meaning supporters and others (some letters from supporters "that might be best described as conspiratorial...Lots believed....Mormon conspiracy"- might publish the letters one day

details of crime scene:

-TA was shot in face

-bullet traveled downward (means gun was above him)

-Ta was stabbed in chest and throat was slashed

reports stated that there was struggle- fatal blows, stab in chest, slashing of throat, came last

defensive wounds, TA alive at that time and struggling before fatal blows

at some point stood at sink, aspirated blood

went down hallway trying to escape

autopsy revealed numerous stab wounds to his back

crime scene didn't tell more because of water, movement at scene, and scene was altered by cover-up

"What I believe now is different from what I believed before the trial began"

anything he states in this book is what he believed before the trial

again states how much TA suffered

TA's body not found for "about 5 days"- shocking to him- TA had 2 roommates

suspicious that no one could smell decomposing body (police officers noticed the "second they entered the home") roommates did not notice or perhaps rotting food?

police also suspicious, but after interviews, determined that roommates had nothing to do with it

evidence pointed to crime of passion, crime of anger

roomates not home at the time

only person that could be placed at the crime scene was the murderer- in 3 different ways

-she admitted it

-DNA

-the nude pics on TA's camera

no evidence that anyone not welcomed in home was there- "..there was no evidence that Ms Arias was unwelcomed in..home"- no forced entry found

text message found on TA's phone "demonstrated that Mr. Alexander wanted Jodi Arias in his house. It also seemed to defy logic that anyone would take nude pictures of an unwanted guest"

evidence collected outside of house- interviews with friends of TA (many called murderer "stalker or a crazy ex-girlfriend who Mr. Alexander didn't want anything to do with")
    -----------------------------------

Chapter 9

My Initial Review of the Evidence Related to Ms Arias

needed to understand the murderer- "sense of her tone, her mannerism, and to look for any signs of abnormal behavior"

had lots of interview tapes from Det Flores and female Det- thought they were strange

knew that she lied about being at house- not uncommon lie, sort of expected

mannerisms noted: that the murderer "expected people to believe her lies" (believed that she could fool people, believed she was so smart, or that she convinced

herself that she didn't do it- and/or mind could not accept reality of situation)

on tapes, she seemed very immature to him- "child-like demeanor", acted like a "restless child" when singing, doing handstands, childlike concerns about media image
    thought something "was off, she was strange"

reviewed interviews with parents- not flattering image of their daughter

-described her as secretive,obsessed with TA, cold, crazy "because she acted 'so normal' when she returned home from Mesa"

L said "did not seem as if her parents cared about her much at all..it's very sad"

reviewed all statements made about the murderer in police reports and interviews by former attys with her family, friends, and former co-workers (often contradictory- not

consistent with any mental issues)

thought that there was something wrong with client psychologically "What was wrong with her?"

list of contradictions from others' interviewed- she was "nice quiet shy girl..some overly sexual wild woman..portrayed as being clean and professional...lazy" and

other contradictions

had his "hands on a mess"

she was described as
    "being different" as child ( not playing with other children- preferring to draw/read; mean toward animals, a loner, smoked weed; would not

shower "for several days")

claims that, to him, she was "likely a victim of sexual abuse at some point in her childhood. Could I prove it was actual evidence? No. This simply became my theory based upon my observations of her.. I was pretty sure that this abuse occurred..by family member or someone who was very close to her family. To be clear I'm not talking about the incident you heard about during the trial when Ms. Arias was about 2 years of age and she was touched and/or grinded on by a slightly older male family member". (pg 56-57) not "impactful enough" to cause her strange behavior.

"...young children typically do not touch other children in this manner unless someone taught them to do that or told them such behavior was okay"- had experience in

dealing with sexual deviants.. "It is my theory that whoever victimized this child also victimized Ms. Arias and possibly other members of her family"

but did not have any proof of sexual abuse of the murderer when she was a child

talks about sexual abuse and the people who abuse

"..after being sexually abused, the person became a victim of the entire world and whenever something bad happened to that person it was not their fault, but instead of

the fault of another person or the world at large. This Ms. Arias to a tee."
    (pg. 57)

another thing learned is that victims tend to be "very manipulative people", blends into society- everyone thinks these victims are normal/trustworthy- also fits the

murderer "to a tee"

talks about murderer's sister, Angela - went to rehab as tennager "something was going on with the Arias girls...'where there is smoke there was fire' and there sure was

a lot of smoke signaling"

never found proof for his sexual abuse theory tho'
    ----------------------

My thoughts:

BBM sure sounds like the murderer Lawrence
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

My Initial Thoughts on the Booking Photo

had to be concerned about the photo and the "story" it would tell to world/jury

"oddness" of photo "was overpowering"

never seen one like it- "looked so darn happy"- she "showed joy" and that stood out the most for him

thought she was "thrilled" to take it- idea that the world would see it and she would be "known worldwide for something" even if it was a bad something like murder

showed no shame- posed with pride (shows "severely mentally ill")

hoped the amount of mental illness would show in the pic (with the jury)
    ================================================== ============

Next:

Chapter 11
    My Initial Review of the Evidence as it Related to Mr. Alexander

Chapter 12
    My Initial review of the Evidence as it Related to the Relationship

Chapter 13
    My Initial Review of Mr. Martinez

End of Section 2 (pg 89)
    ==============================
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Quote Originally Posted by YESorNO View Post
    Trapped with Ms. Arias:

Chapter 8

My Initial Review of the Evidence Related to the Crime

most evidence was disclosed by State (police reports, videos , crime scene photos, interviews with murderer's family, school records, etc.)

State didn't disclose many text messages/emails

"one of the most gruesome crime scenes I have ever viewed"

"told ..a story of unmitigated rage" "one heck of a fight"

questioned "who did this?" (ninja story at the time), if murderer- done alone?, did she have help?, if alone, how did she do this?

speaks about some scenario of another person helping her, but no real evidence that there was an accomplice- ditched that theory

concluded that if the murderer killed Travis, she did it alone, but had to consider that perhaps ninja story was true, but never made sense to him

as atty had to consider her story at this time "to consider merits of the story of which there truly were none"- see if it can be disproved "by any physical evidence so that I can either confront her with that evidence or be prepared if somebody else were to do the same"

only DNA found was from the murderer and from Travis, but didn't mean that there wasn't 2 ninjas- no other evidence found that could disprove either theory (she alone or 2 ninjas)

Det Flores could not, at this point, conclude that ninja story was false- only confronted her with "no evidence to support ninja story and that it made no sense"

he received many letters/emails on theories from attys, investigators, well-meaning supporters and others (some letters from supporters "that might be best described as conspiratorial...Lots believed....Mormon conspiracy"- might publish the letters one day

details of crime scene:

-TA was shot in face

-bullet traveled downward (means gun was above him)

-Ta was stabbed in chest and throat was slashed

reports stated that there was struggle- fatal blows, stab in chest, slashing of throat, came last

defensive wounds, TA alive at that time and struggling before fatal blows

at some point stood at sink, aspirated blood

went down hallway trying to escape

autopsy revealed numerous stab wounds to his back

crime scene didn't tell more because of water, movement at scene, and scene was altered by cover-up

"What I believe now is different from what I believed before the trial began"

anything he states in this book is what he believed before the trial

again states how much TA suffered

TA's body not found for "about 5 days"- shocking to him- TA had 2 roommates

suspicious that no one could smell decomposing body (police officers noticed the "second they entered the home") roommates did not notice or perhaps rotting food?

police also suspicious, but after interviews, determined that roommates had nothing to do with it

evidence pointed to crime of passion, crime of anger

roomates not home at the time

only person that could be placed at the crime scene was the murderer- in 3 different ways

-she admitted it

-DNA

-the nude pics on TA's camera

no evidence that anyone not welcomed in home was there- "..there was no evidence that Ms Arias was unwelcomed in..home"- no forced entry found

text message found on TA's phone "demonstrated that Mr. Alexander wanted Jodi Arias in his house. It also seemed to defy logic that anyone would take nude pictures of an unwanted guest"

evidence collected outside of house- interviews with friends of TA (many called murderer "stalker or a crazy ex-girlfriend who Mr. Alexander didn't want anything to do with")
    -----------------------------------

Chapter 9

My Initial Review of the Evidence Related to Ms Arias

needed to understand the murderer- "sense of her tone, her mannerism, and to look for any signs of abnormal behavior"

had lots of interview tapes from Det Flores and female Det- thought they were strange

knew that she lied about being at house- not uncommon lie, sort of expected

mannerisms noted: that the murderer "expected people to believe her lies" (believed that she could fool people, believed she was so smart, or that she convinced

herself that she didn't do it- and/or mind could not accept reality of situation)

on tapes, she seemed very immature to him- "child-like demeanor", acted like a "restless child" when singing, doing handstands, childlike concerns about media image
    thought something "was off, she was strange"

reviewed interviews with parents- not flattering image of their daughter

-described her as secretive,obsessed with TA, cold, crazy "because she acted 'so normal' when she returned home from Mesa"

L said "did not seem as if her parents cared about her much at all..it's very sad"

reviewed all statements made about the murderer in police reports and interviews by former attys with her family, friends, and former co-workers (often contradictory- not

consistent with any mental issues)

thought that there was something wrong with client psychologically "What was wrong with her?"

list of contradictions from others' interviewed- she was "nice quiet shy girl..some overly sexual wild woman..portrayed as being clean and professional...lazy" and

other contradictions

had his "hands on a mess"

she was described as
    "being different" as child ( not playing with other children- preferring to draw/read; mean toward animals, a loner, smoked weed; would not

shower "for several days")

claims that, to him, she was "likely a victim of sexual abuse at some point in her childhood. Could I prove it was actual evidence? No. This simply became my theory based upon my observations of her.. I was pretty sure that this abuse occurred..by family member or someone who was very close to her family. To be clear I'm not talking about the incident you heard about during the trial when Ms. Arias was about 2 years of age and she was touched and/or grinded on by a slightly older male family member". (pg 56-57) not "impactful enough" to cause her strange behavior.

"...young children typically do not touch other children in this manner unless someone taught them to do that or told them such behavior was okay"- had experience in

dealing with sexual deviants.. "It is my theory that whoever victimized this child also victimized Ms. Arias and possibly other members of her family"

but did not have any proof of sexual abuse of the murderer when she was a child

"..after being sexually abused, the person became a victim of the entire world and whenever something bad happened to that person it was not their fault, but instead of

(pg. 57)

another thing learned is that victims tend to be "very manipulative people", blends into society- everyone thinks these victims are normal/trustworthy- also fits the

murderer "to a tee"

talks about murderer's sister, Angela - went to rehab as tennager "something was going on with the Arias girls...'where there is smoke there was fire' and there sure was

a lot of smoke signaling"

never found proof for his sexual abuse theory tho'
    ----------------------

My thoughts:

BBM sure sounds like the murderer Lawrence
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

My Initial Thoughts on the Booking Photo

had to be concerned about the photo and the "story" it would tell to world/jury

"oddness" of photo "was overpowering"

never seen one like it- "looked so darn happy"- she "showed joy" and that stood out the most for him

thought she was "thrilled" to take it- idea that the world would see it and she would be "known worldwide for something" even if it was a bad something like murder

showed no shame- posed with pride (shows "severely mentally ill")

hoped the amount of mental illness would show in the pic (with the jury)
    ================================================== ============

Next:

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

End of Section 2 (pg 89)
    ==============================

Thank you, Y/N.

Nurmi apparently has retracted his false statement in the book that a text exists proving the killer was invited that day. Thank you on that one, BK! All the most relevant of T's texts are or will be available to the public, great, because otherwise Nurmi escapes scrutiny on a bunch of wild-arsed distortions.

And...again....this man finds victims of abuse everywhere he looks EXCEPT for the only actual victim in this case....Travis Victor Alexander, psychologically and emotionally abused for over a year by a psychopath, slaughtered in his own home by the same psychopathic killer who premeditated his murder, slaughtered him 3 different ways and STILL her rage and hatred isn't satisfied.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
    But a better strategy for Nurmi to follow in cases like this, imo, would be to point out the obvious injustice of applying the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit of the law, since it obviously wasn't written for cases like this.
    The problem is, sex offender laws are written for cases like this (19-year-old high school students with underage girlfriends), and I believe the court is required to follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. By the way, legislators are starting to look at these laws for no other reason that they suddenly realize they themselves were once 19 with an underage girlfriend and only luck has kept them from a sex offender label.

But you're right, Nurmi might help himself if he talked more sensitively about what exactly his clients are accused of. And he could do himself a big favor by not arguing that they all behave the way they do because of child sex abuse.

Had Nurmi ever represented a woman before he got Jodi?

Quote Originally Posted by YESorNO View Post

(pg. 57)

murderer "to a tee"
    This is just off-the-wall. Victims of sexual abuse are manipulative people? Victims of sexual abuse blend in and everyone things they're trust worthy? Whenever something bad happens to a sex abuse victim, they say it's not their fault?

This man knows nothing about sex abuse, and this stuff is extremely offensive. He is talking about psychopath traits, not sex abuse traits.

Nurmi didn't put Sandy on the stand because he thought that would open the door for JM to bring in the damaging jail calls between the two...the killer verbally abusing her mother.

(Nurmi verified info, LOL).

Definition of hoisted by your own petard:

Matt was willing to get on the stand and lie about seeing bruises on her (and who knows what else about the "abuse" by Travis).

Sadly for her, Nurmi couldn't call Matt to testify- the only "witness" to physical abuse by Travis--because she'd involved Matt with her even more vile pedo lie.

Hoist. Petard.

Nurmi snark about the witness who could not be found:

The killer told Nurmi that 2 men at a PPL conference saw her bruises and joked about Travis beating her.

Nurmi and co-counsel tracked down one of the men, who said he never saw the bruises, so obviously didn't joke about them with "Frank," the alias Nurmi gives the second man.

Nurmi looked high and low for Frank, no success.

The snark: Nurmi says based on the reports he's read by the PI she hired herself (Bond, I take it), she's still looking for that mysterious Frank. Nurmi says she seems convinced that Frank will set her free, that she'll win on appeal because her ineffective counsel couldn't locate Frank.

LOL

I wonder if Nurmi had any interaction with Gus Searcy. He was a Jodi supporter from early on, and supported her Ninja story, even after she changed it to self-defense, and he claimed to have gotten a phone call from Jodi telling him Travis was dead before his body had been found.

For anyone with the book, anything about Searcy in there?
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

I went ahead and bought this book. I feel dirty doing it. I bought the ebook. I don't even really want to read it. The first 4 chapters look like a waste. So "who is Nurmi?" I don't care.

The only good thing I can say about Nurmi is he looked better with more weight on him.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

Trapped with Ms. Arias:

Chapter 11

L talks about learning about the victim so the jury can figure out the sentence for client

"Many might say that this amounts to 'dragging the victim through the mud' "

L talks about the talking head's on TV "verbal tirade about defense attys or our criminal justice system"

"Thus, as it related to Ms. Arias' case her jury needed to consider the dynamics of the relationship she shared with Mr. Alexander before a lawful sentence could be rendered....if I had not presented such evidence Ms. Arias would likely be getting a new trial.

Having offered all this information to you, those waiting for me to apologize for doing my job had better not hold their breathe because they will be waiting a long time,in fact, such an apology will never come. Furthermore, I will make no apologiers about repeating the reality of the evidence that had to be collected and/or presented throughout this book. 'Facts are stubborn things' "
    (pg. 82-83)

L says -in beginning of case it's hard to get accurate picture of who Travis was- "inaccurate or contradictory [info] to other evidence"

Talks about Travis' job and how it was described by people- insurance salesman, motivational speaker, Executive Director for Pre-Paid Legal- pyramid

"He worked for a multi-level marketing company whose product was legal insurance"

Travis had a "rough childhood"- parents were drug addicts- no food to eat; he was described as a "flirt, a player and also a 30 year old virgin...very generous, very charismatic and very kind

"It was obvious that there was another side to Mr. Alexander, a side that many of his friends and family did not know."

Travis on spiritual level: "devout Mormon...living by the dictates of the church to such a degree that he wouldn't even drink caffeine"

people said that he was well-off financially- had big house, BMW

L said TA's financial situation didn't show that he was well-off

"Likewise, the nude pictures of Mr. Alexander he took on the day of his death demonstrated the clear reality that he was not a 30 year old virgin...despite the fact that most of his peers thought he was living a caste life, he was not.....his lifestyle was far from chaste.... I saw him as a person who was loved by many but who, at the same time, was not who people thought he was." (pg. 83)- he was hiding things- "living a lie"- thus could not be himself- "would danger the image others had of him"

L's initial assessment of TA- "I found it to be very sad."

================================================== =============

Chapter 12

L talks about relationships between killer and victims- the murderer's and TA's - "atypical" and often considered second degree murder or manslaughter..rare for these crimes between romantic partners/lovers to be charges as capital offense

"the state wanted to kill my client because she killed her lover"- he knew that their relationship would be important role in "quest to kill my client"

L said that every person who spoke to police re relationship said something different

the murderer described relationship (in 48 Hrs program) that it was sexual- boyfriend/girlfriend, but labeled it as a "friendship"

L stated it was hard to tell if they were in love or friends "who happened to be secret 'sex buddies' "- confusing statements from friends "especially comments made by Chris and Sky Hughes"

L talking about the Hughes..."They went on to describe how in their eyes Ms. Arias was being clingy and obsessive towards Mr. Alexander and how this sort of behavior led them to feel scared to have Ms. Arias in their home."....after asking the murderer to leave their home, TA's and the murderer's relationship "went 'underground' "... and they didn't know "the extent' of the relationship anymore"

in Det. Flores interview with the Hughes when asked about TA's temper- Det. F asked might have been domestic violence ???? Hughes talked about TA "hitting things but not people"

Chris H said to Det F "that he could see Mr. Alexander pushing Ms. Arias if he really got mad"- L found comment very interesting

TA's roomates/other friends interviewed by police- stated that the murderer was "a crazy ex-girlfriend that Mr. Alexander wants nothing to do with...did not have a sexual relationship because Mr. Alexander followed the principles of his faith which would not allow him to engage in premarital sexual relations."

L talks about "objective evidence"- nude photos recovered from TA's camera- told story that murderer and TA were having sexual relationship and that people had no idea- so secret relationship and "...if Mr. Alexander told others that he wanted nothing to do with Ms. Arias he wasn't being truthful, that the relationship was part of the lie he was living. I felt this way because if one does not want anything to do with a former romantic partner one does not have a sexual relationship with them and take photographs of the encounter." (pgs 87-88)

L had suspicion viewing photos taken on TA's camera that day ("very graphic")- that their relationship "was longstanding, intense and unrestrained"

L's thoughts on relationship- "very intense and that sex played a huge role in this relationship..had to be kept a secret..due to their shared faith..was their dirty little secret....suspected that love played a part....interacted so much in non-sexual settings..ways...on some level they either loved one another or were sexually addicted to the relationship." (pg. 88)
    ================================================== =============

Chapter 13

never had a case against (with) JM

had other sources of info about him- court opinions -"always nuclear war with him"- L took to mean that JM did what he wanted, "didn't care about what others thought of him, including the court"

L heard from former colleague ("who was Jewish") referred to JM as "Hitler"

goes on to talk about things/stories that JM said/did- "but suffice it to say he was not well thought of within the defense community, not because of the convictions he obtained but because of the way he operated." (pg.89)

impression L got of JM- "a no holds barred kind of guy....feels like the ends justify the means and for that reason he feels comfortable with being so caustic in the courtroom."

End of Section 2 (pg 89)
    ================================================== ===========================

Next:

Section 3
    Preparing For the Guilt Phase

Chapter 14
    The Text Messages

Chapter 15
    The Emails and Other Online Communications
    ================================================== =======================
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Thank you, YesOrNo, for your continuing synopsis.

I must say I didn't think it was possible to dislike Nurmi more, and yet somehow it is.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by G&AMom View Post
    Thank you, YesOrNo, for your continuing synopsis.

I must say I didn't think it was possible to dislike Nurmi more, and yet somehow it is.

I agree. Nurmi should include a chapter in his final book about how Juan's book outsold his and how that made him feeeeel. Trashing Travis Alexander and Juan Martinez while holding Laviolette and the rest of the misfits that made up the defense teams up as paragons of virtue and professionalism will not help him sell more books. I wonder if Keifer was his ghostwriter because the stuff written about Juan sounds like the same vitriol Kiefer is famous for. Reality and Kirk Nurmi are strangers.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Re YesOrNo's synopsis of chapters 11 through 13.

It's bizarre to me how Nurmi convinces himself about all the stuff he apparently believes.

Travis is not the man his friends believe him to be and is living a double life, but when Jodi DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING, apparently that's okay. When Travis violates his Mormon beliefs, it's his own fault. When Jodi violates her (alleged) Mormon beliefs, it's Travis's fault.

It's okay for a defense attorney to interpret evidence to put the victim in the worst possible light, but IT IS NOT OKAY for the prosecutor to use evidence against the defendant to make her look bad. Nurmi can call Travis a physical and emotional abuser, a fake and a fraud, not to mention a pedophile, but he gets hysterical when Juan calls Jodi a liar.

It is okay for the defense to do anything to win, but it is not okay for the prosecution to do the same thing.

How on earth does he justify these totally opposite beliefs? I really don't get it.

We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast