1179 users online (253 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - At least 16 people shot during filming of music video at New Orleans park

As per poster, SCHMAE
    http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id2709

"The shooting happened just after 6 p.m. when about 500 people, including many children, had gathered at the park for the filming of a music video. It is believed to have started out as an argument, after which two people opened fire, including at least one person who fired into the crowd.

Police were already en-route to the park to break up the fight, but the shooting occurred before officers arrived at the scene. NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison said the shooting may be gang-related, but it was not immediately clear whether any arrests had been made. Nearby streets have been closed by police.

Multiple victims were seen at the park’s main building as ambulances raced to the scene."

There are a few images here:

Several shot at New Orleans playground during party after parade

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say at least 10 people — and probably more — were wounded in an apparent shootout at a park in New Orleans’ 9th Ward.

Police spokesman Tyler Gamble says police were on their way to break up a big crowd when gunfire erupted at Bunny Friend Park.

Bunny Friend Park?
    Wow.

I'm really surprised there is not more media attention on this. That's a very big crime and I'm seeing nothing.

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    I'm really surprised there is not more media attention on this. That's a very big crime and I'm seeing nothing.
    It made the news here!

'Mass Shooting' At New Orleans Play Area

At least sixteen people have been taken to hospital after a mass shooting at a playground in New Orleans, according to US reports.

It is understood that as many as 500 people were at the "Bunny Friend" park at the time of the attack, as a music video was being filmed.

Tyler Gamble, a police spokesman, said officers had been on their way to the playground to break up a large crowd when gunfire erupted - reportedly between two groups who had been fighting.

He explained that the 16 victims in hospital either suffered a "direct gunshot wound" or a graze wound, and that the full extent of their injuries is yet to be determined.

No one was killed in the shooting.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Thinking with all the violence, unrest and understandable paranoia due to the recent terrorists acts - a mass shooting of each other on US soil, might be seen as particularly disgraceful, stupid behavior at this time.
    imo, speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Thinking with all the violence, unrest and understandable paranoia due to the recent terrorists acts - a mass shooting of each other on US soil, might be seen as particularly disgraceful, stupid behavior at this time.
    imo, speculation.
    I think it's disgraceful stupid behavior at any time, don't you? MOO

Well, it is on the news, but not to the level you would think. Sorry for not being clear. Thank God the shooter was a poor aim and no one was killed. Let's hope all 16 are small injuries.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/...line/76239788/

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    I think it's disgraceful stupid behavior at any time, don't you? MOO
    Touche', lol!!

A machine gun, who the heck walks around with one of those?!A terrorist, imo.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2.../22575739.html
    "New Orleans police Commander Chris Goodley, speaking in a video clip posted by the New Orleans Times-Picayune website, said the crowd at the park remained "orderly" after the shooting. "But we were trying to preserve the crime scene as best as we could and tend to the victims," he added.

New Orleans Police Superintendent Michael Harrison also was quoted by the Times-Picayune as saying, "no one has died at this time."

Three witnesses told the newspaper they saw a man with a silver-colored machine gun, and also heard more gunshots coming from within the crowd as he ran away. Several people were lying on the sidewalk after the shooting, it said.

WVUE-TV said police believed the shooting stemmed from a fight."
    rbibm

The 9th ward was hit so hard by Hurricane Katrina and IIRC, that ward has been slow to revitalize. The residents have suffered enough and then this.. WTH?

Prayers sent up for those wounded and terrorized by this shooting.

If it were one shooter at a school, movie theatre, mall, etc., it would be all over the news all over the country.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    If it were one shooter at a school, movie theatre, mall, etc., it would be all over the news all over the country.

JMO
    Or anywhere other than New Orleans, Gary, Detroit...

Right! In high crime cities, the press doesn't care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast