1025 users online (188 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Janeth Mendoza, 16, & Nelly Espinoza, 12 (fnd alive), San Diego, 13 Nov 2015

Nelly Tamara Espinoza, 12 --------------------------------------------Janneth Mendoza, 16

San Diego Girl, 12, Missing After Friend’s Slaying
    "As San Diego police investigate the killing of a teenager whose body was found dumped in a ravine, Mexican authorities are helping in the search for the girl’s 12-year-old friend, who remained missing Tuesday.

The family of Nelly Tamara Espinoza, 12, put together a missing persons flyer for Nelly after she disappeared from her home in the Grant Hill community, which is less than three miles northeast of downtown San Diego. The flyer is currently being distributed by authorities in Tijuana, Mexico."
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...353192181.html

San Diego police received information that Espinoza was with a family member in Northern Mexico. She reportedly spoke to her family in San Diego by phone and told them if they tried to look for her, she would run deeper into Mexico.

Hastings said Espinoza could be with 16-year-old runaway Janeth Mendoza, who was last seen in October. Both Tijuana and San Diego police have put out missing person fliers for both Espinoza and Mendoza.
    http://www.10news.com/news/sdpd-frie...kely-in-mexico

Police also released a picture of 16-year-old Janeth Mendoza, another teen who was reported missing since October 28. She was last seen near the 3000 block of Webster Street. Mendoza is 5-feet, 5-inches tall, 160 pounds, has black hair and brown eyes. Police said she has a Charger bolt tattoo on her neck and “Bella” on her right forearm and “Perla” on her left.
    http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/11/25/police-search-for-2-runaway-teens-after-friends-murder/

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...353079361.html
    http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego...missing-friend
    Last edited by bessie; 11-25-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: repaired image link, added image and info on janneth mendoza
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

this does not bode well.

CA - Nelly Espinoza, 12, San Diego, 13 November 2015

My eldest daughter is 12. I can't even fathom her experiencing the violent loss of a friend this way, only to lose her afterwards. This is literally every parent's worst nightmare.
    She is in my prayers. I am hoping (beyond the odds) that she will be found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kimi_SFC; 11-24-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Add thoughts
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Nelly-Espinoza-Missing-1124.jpg
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...353192181.html

The girl’s loved ones describe Nelly as weighing 160 pounds. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black sweatshirt and blue tennis shoes.

Anna’s beaten, nude body was found wrapped in a blanket in a canyon at 29th and Market streets – just behind the apartment complex where Nelly and her family live. The body was decomposed, according to the San Diego Police Department (SDPD), and detectives launched a homicide investigation, but did not immediately identify the body as Anna. Officials confirmed Ana died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and her death was ruled a homicide. No further details were released.

I wanted to post the link to Anna's thread here on Nelly's page - and vice versa. Although AH's thread has her age labeled as 16, another WSer has posted that she was 14 at the time of her murder.

CA - Anna Hernandez, San Diego, Body Found 18 November 2015
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=295464

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Here's another article, an interview with Nelly's mom:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...353079361.html
    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    I wanted to post the link to Anna's thread here on Nelly's page - and vice versa. Although AH's thread has her age labeled as 16, another WSer has posted that she was 14 at the time of her murder.

CA - Anna Hernandez, San Diego, Body Found 18 November 2015
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=295464

Oops! Ummm...I knew she's 14, I was just checking to see if everyone else knew. Good job everyone.

ETA - Sorry about the image. It shows on Tapatalk, but apparently not the full website. Grrr!
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

CA - Nelly Espinoza, 12, San Diego, 13 November 2015

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Oops! Ummm...I knew she's 14, I was just checking to see if everyone else knew. Good job everyone.

ETA - Sorry about the image. It shows on Tapatalk, but apparently not the full website. Grrr!
    I knew you knew los...

Hopefully the Mods will relabel it soon.

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

How terrible! Did they both go missing together and one was found dead, other still missing? If so, shouldn't they be in one thread? Or did they go missing separately (which would be an odd coincidence)?

It says they've both been missing since Nov. 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    How terrible! Did they both go missing together and one was found dead, other still missing? If so, shouldn't they be in one thread? Or did they go missing separately (which would be an odd coincidence)?
    There have not been a lot of details released regarding the relationship between the two cases. I will not be surprised that they are linked, but we don't have confirmation at this juncture and certainly didn't at the time the news broke.

I believe this is the reason los created separate threads.

We simply don't know. Perhaps they may be merged later?
    dunno:

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I understand. Thank you kimi!

LE should release more info if these two cases are related imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    I understand. Thank you kimi!

LE should release more info if these two cases are related imo.
    On Anna's thread, I recall reading her family became aware of her kidnapping at one point, but no ransom note was left. Eventually her remains were found in a ravine behind Nelly's home (but they live in the same neighborhood so )
    This article & embedded video (from Anna's thread) is dated today:
    San Diego police still mum on murdered girl, missing friend
    https://shar.es/1c7HPK via @10news

This is the other article (also with embedded video) that los posted at the start of AH's thread. Since both victim's are mentioned, I'm bringing this over too:
    'I Don't Want to Think That My Daughter Is Dead': Mom of Missing Grant Hill Girl | NBC 7 San Diego
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...353079361.html via @nbcsandiego

ITA, Elainera, between the lack of info, and media's handling/coverage of the two cases, it is confusing at best. I can't imagine what this must be like for both families! It must be a living nightmare. The public has little to go on, and that isn't a pro-active environment.

These girls are so young. The community has to be absolutely terrified. I can't imagine this happening to a middle schooler / freshman in high school!

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

This does not sound good at all and there is so little information out there. It's hard to understand what happened, but it sounds like both of the girls went missing on Nov 13. Anna's body was found on Nov 18 and Nelly is still missing. So, why are we just hearing about this now? Are San Diego LE doing anything to find her? It sounds like the Tijuana police are looking for Nelly, but San Diego is not.

The article says "As San Diego police investigate the killing of a teenager whose body was found dumped in a ravine, Mexican authorities are helping in the search for the girl’s 12-year-old friend, who remained missing Tuesday."

There is a long, 5-minute video at this link that gives some more info than what is written in any of the articles.
    Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz3sT28iR2B
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

On the NBC 7 Facebook page, there are some comments that there were originally three girls missing. One was found dead, one was found in Tijuana and one is still missing. If that's true, it helps explain why they are looking for Nelly in Mexico. https://www.facebook.com/NBCSanDiego...type=3&theater
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast