Canada - Toronto RCMP seek help in identifying 2 suspicious men, Rogers Center

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rogers-centre-suspicious-men-1.3337877

"The RCMP is now asking the public to help identify two men it has been trying to track down for nearly three months, but reporters were told on Wednesday morning there is "no imminent threat" to the public.

Supt. Lise Crouch, speaking at a news conference in Milton, Ont., said a witness reported two men were acting suspiciously on the John Street bridge, near the Rogers Centre as well as a busy rail line, on the afternoon of Aug. 31.

Crouch wouldn't say what the two men were doing that was suspicious, but said police have several questions they would like to put to the men. Crouch denied the suggestion that the men's race is a factor in the investigation.

"It has nothing to do with brown skin. It has everything to do with what they were observed to be doing by the complainant," Crouch said, adding the RCMP did conduct a followup interview with the person who witnessed the suspicious behaviour."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...hreat-from-men-probed-near-rogers-centre.html

"Nothing has been found to link the men to a visit by then-prime minister Stephen Harper, Crouch said.

At the time the incident was reported, Harper was at Rogers Centre as the Toronto Blue Jays prepared to play the Cleveland Indians.

Suspicions about the men’s behaviour were reported to what Crouch called “private-sector partners,” who told local police, who passed on a “suspicious incident report” to the RCMP in Ottawa.

One of the men wore blue jeans, a green and white striped short-sleeved shirt, and Adidas running shoes. He carried a backpack.

The second man also wore blue jeans. He wore a blue and yellow short sleeved shirt with some purple strips and blue Puma running shoes with yellow laces. He had sunglasses on his shirt."

Was there a thread when this first happened? For some reason the picture seems familiar.

I really want to know what they were doing that was suspicious enough to get them this much attention but pose no imminent threat. "Don't be concerned but please help us find them, yes it's been three months since they did whatever it was and we still haven't found them, but you're totally safe. Relax. But be on the lookout."

Was there a thread when this first happened? For some reason the picture seems familiar.

I really want to know what they were doing that was suspicious enough to get them this much attention but pose no imminent threat. "Don't be concerned but please help us find them, yes it's been three months since they did whatever it was and we still haven't found them, but you're totally safe. Relax. But be on the lookout."

Apparently, there had been several other people in the area who may have seemed suspicious, but LE was able to identify ( and clear?) them, however after 3 months, the 2 pictured have not been identified at all. imo.

VIDEO
http://globalnews.ca/video/2363474/...-after-suspicious-behaviour-on-toronto-bridge

" RCMP finally discloses why they are seeking help identifying 2 men after ‘suspicious behaviour’ on Toronto bridge

The RCMP is requesting the public’s help in investigating the “suspicious behaviour” of two men on a bridge near Toronto’s Rogers Centre in August."

It seems a little odd, imo, to see two grown men dressed like matching pair of little boys off to school, they even wear matching yellow shoelaces!
One can see why it is important to identify and clear these men..

"The RCMP said the SIR was filed by a "private sector partner" that owns critical infrastructure in the area of the bridge, though a spokesperson declined to reveal any further details. The John Street bridge is a busy access point to the Rogers Centre, CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium, but it also crosses a busy rail corridor used by GO Transit, Via Rail and others."
rbbm.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rogers-centre-suspicious-men-1.3337877

Wonder if LE has received any tips about the identities of these men?

Have you seen any comments about this? I don't know why it never occurred to me to check them. Other people must have been around.

First rule of internet club: Don't read the comments.

Really wish I hadn't done so much Tamil Tigers googling.

Bumping again, in these troubled times it would be good to know who these men might be, and what alleged suspicious behavior they may have engaged in.
Would LE let the public know if they have been identified or not?

Bumping again, in these troubled times it would be good to know who these men might be, and what alleged suspicious behavior they may have engaged in.
Would LE let the public know if they have been identified or not?

I doubt that we will hear much about them unless charges are laid.

After the news from Vancouver I'm starting to think these men were simply taking pictures.

Vancouver mayor apologizes to men in leaked mall photos who were labelled ‘suspicious’
The mayor of Vancouver has apologized to two men and a teenage boy singled out in an internal police bulletin leaked to the press for their “suspicious behaviour” at a downtown shopping mall.

If they were tourists it would explain why no one recognizes them and why no one has seen them.

They were very understanding of the situation even saying they would understand if they had been arrested.

The Mayor apologized to them too. But if they hadn't been recognized and questioned they could have gone home without anyone knowing who they were. They would have just been suspicious men at the mall no one ever saw again.

Which seems to be what's happened with the men at the Rogers Centre.

The thing about the Vancouver tourists, is that they were identified - but maybe that is only because they were in fact, just tourists?
imo.

The thing about the Vancouver tourists, is that they were identified - but maybe that is only because they were in fact, just tourists?
imo.

To me tourists are strangers and so I wouldn't personally recognize them - either as someone I'd seen before or as tourists. They would just be two random men I passed by.

And if they were tourists I'm assuming they went back home shortly after they were seen. If they did it would mean they're no longer in the area and no matter how watchful everyone is no one is going to spot them again.

I don't know if they're tourists or if they live in Toronto or where they are now. It was just a thought I had after reading about what happened in Vancouver. I didn't mean to imply the situations are identical. I do believe if they were taking pictures of the CN Tower, tracks, or Rogers Centre someone might have reported them as suspicious.

Sorry for the confusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back