Black Friday Madness

You couldn't pay me enough to show up for black friday sales. Saw one video on the news this morning of two guys fist fighting over some sale.

I don't even like going in stores as it is - the crowds, the waiting in line, it raises my anxiety level a bit. No way would I subject myself to the kind of stuff that happens on BF.

I don't understand humans sometimes.

You couldn't pay me enough to show up for black friday sales. Saw one video on the news this morning of two guys fist fighting over some sale.
I don't even like going in stores as it is - the crowds, the waiting in line, it raises my anxiety level a bit. No way would I subject myself to the kind of stuff that happens on BF.
I don't understand humans sometimes.

Ditto.
I'd ask W/S'ers who feel this ^ way to drop in for coffee, but it might get too crowded, like a BF door-rush. LOL.

A lot of our local businesses were offering the Black Friday sales to their customers two weeks ago. I do all my shopping online.

A lot of our local businesses were offering the Black Friday sales to their customers two weeks ago. I do all my shopping online.

I did mine online this yr also, but have been out in the BF madness, I loved it and have even provoked scuffles and one fist fight. LOL! It's a long story but those were the days..GOod times.

I did mine online this yr also, but have been out in the BF madness, I loved it and have even provoked scuffles and one fist fight. LOL! It's a long story but those were the days..GOod times.

I would have had a panic attack. :floorlaugh:

Totally not right what the lady did, but the other lady shouldnt have brought her kid and she had three of the steamers. Dont involve children in BF my advice. Again the woman who stole from the kid was wrong. It was stupid as it appears there were still even some of the steamers still in the pile but I'd never take a kid BF shopping.

I would have had a panic attack. :floorlaugh:

My husband used to go with me and he would totally get into it. He loved the rush...now that its on Thursdays its not as fun.

Good Lord! They say Weddings and Funerals "bring out the best in people" I think we can add Black Friday!

Black Friday is so overrated. I remember it was not a big deal back than.

Black Friday is insane to me. It's not really a big thing here in Canada - maybe because our Thanksgiving is at a different time? Boxing Day is much bigger. Retailers try to compete with the US, especially now that our dollar is so terrible. But it's nowhere near the chaos I see online. I work at a large clothing store and it was no busier than usual. That being said it may be because it's in an affluent area so the people who live around the store will shop any time, deal or no deal lol.

Black Friday is insane to me. It's not really a big thing here in Canada - maybe because our Thanksgiving is at a different time? Boxing Day is much bigger. Retailers try to compete with the US, especially now that our dollar is so terrible. But it's nowhere near the chaos I see online. I work at a large clothing store and it was no busier than usual. That being said it may be because it's in an affluent area so the people who live around the store will shop any time, deal or no deal lol.

I just wish that if we were to adopt the horrid BF from the US, that we could connect it to a more worry cause than blatant consumer greed. I'm all for a national day of buying stuff for the foodbanks, the homeless or refugees. But veggie steamers! Good grief! No one needs a veggie steamer. What about putting all that passion into landing a case of beans for the foodbank!

I just wish that if we were to adopt the horrid BF from the US, that we could connect it to a more worry cause than blatant consumer greed. I'm all for a national day of buying stuff for the foodbanks, the homeless or refugees. But veggie steamers! Good grief! No one needs a veggie steamer. What about putting all that passion into landing a case of beans for the foodbank!

What is #GivingTuesday?

We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.

Givingtuesday.org
http://givingtuesday.org

Years ago, when the day after Thanksgiving was the "official" start of the holiday season, I shopped to get into the holiday spirit. Haven't gone anywhere near a mall or shopping center since Black Friday came to fruition. The few gifts that I give now require a quick trip to Macy's or an online purchase. AFAIC, Black Friday creates unnecessary stress and anxiety :eek: Who needs that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back