839 users online (138 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,103 of 1103
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    Anyone can ask for a new thread, it's easy just click on the black triangle on bottom right side of your post, the one that alerts the MODS. Then ask for a new thread. What I do. I can't make new threads; I ask for them ops! that's bottom left side!!

Both hubby and I are sick and been in bed most of the weekend and going back bed real soon...

Hope both of you get well soon.

Feel better real soon, coffeeJ! your hubby, too.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Morning all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield
    Not for me though with my last minute Christmas shopping over the weekend. I was following the RED path. I closed the store down at Target. LOL

I thought I would have time to hit a few stores and never made it out of Target. LOL
    So then I had to go to the 24 hour Walmart and spent another 3 hours in there till 3 AM.
    It was a true Christmas Marathon shopping event. LOL
    and this was probably you walking out of the store...

Quote Originally Posted by YESorNO
    Listen To Women Describe The Horror Of Being Shackled While Pregnant (with clip)

"It's still perfectly legal to shackle incarcerated pregnant women in New York, but that may soon change...

A state bill that would outlaw the use of shackles on incarcerated women during all stages of pregnancy is headed for New York governor Andrew Cuomo's desk.

A new video, produced by The Correctional Association of New York, a nonprofit group that monitors prison conditions in the state, features a handful of women talking about the physical and emotional pain of being shackled while pregnant..."
    This reminds me of Casey Anthony tripping on her shackles and falling face first... I know she wasn't pregnant, but just reminded me of that!

How sad about Jimmy Carter's grandson...

Quote Originally Posted by YESorNO
    "WASHINGTON – Shoppers could soon have a harder time finding out where some of their red meat comes from.

The World Trade Organization ruled Monday that U.S. "country of origin" labels on certain cuts of red meat put Canadian and Mexican livestock at a disadvantage, rejecting a U.S. appeal after a similar WTO decision last year. The current labels on packages of steaks and some other meats say where the animals were born, raised and slaughtered..."
    I don't recall seeing anything on my packaged meat?? I now buy all my meat at a butcher shop here in town! Meat is from California!

coffeejunkie - hope you and husband feel better SOON!!!

Okay - I'm going to hit the "Alert" button on Hatfield's post, since it's the last one I see - and ask for a new thread, as STILL having problems getting in here this morning!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    Annie Em and Sam were beautiful dogs. Well tempered, but combing their coats out was a chore when they ran through the orchard and got burrs.

I took Mona to the vet last week for an ear infection, and when I opened the door to the waiting room there was this huge GSD, and Mona backed right out the door, and we went in on the other side of the counter. Then a pitbull came in and I was nervous, and wondering how the staff handled a dog fight in there.
    After the vet saw Mona we walked back into the waiting room and as I stayed between the doors and the counter, and a young woman that had some mental disabilities that was with the GSD came over to Mona and grabbed her nose and I have a tight hold on her leash and trying to back up when she grabbed her snout again and Mona snapped at her, and the people with her pissed me off that instead of watching her more closely (in a damn vets office full of animals) they told her it was OK, that she, Mona wouldn't hurt her as they took her back on the other side of the room. I wonder if Mona did bite her how that would work out? I say they were at fault for let her get up and approach a strange dog and grab Mona's snout. What say you? Ever been in the situation?
    The diminished capacity young woman needs to learn to not approach dogs without the permission of the owner. If Mona had bitten her, IMO it would be the fault of the "bitee", not the owner of the "bitor". Never be afraid to correct or stop someone from touching your dog.

In the summer, when I take my dogs with me to Dunkin Donuts, I leave the car running with the air conditioning on and the windows half way open. I am only in there for 5 minutes btw.

Two young tweens passed by my car, saw the dogs and put their heads up to the window where Zuri licked them to death. OMG! Who in their right mind puts their head/face up to German Shepherds that they don't know? I always watch out the window while I am waiting for my order and saw this happen. Fortunately, my dogs are well socialized and I knew that they would love the attention, but still! I walked out right away to make sure nothing happened as there are no guarantees. I did say something to their mothers though in a nice way. I would have been totally liable if Zuri bit either one of them and felt horrible.

This young girl could have grabbed either of my dogs' muzzles and nothing would have happened. Probably. But I wouldn't want to test them. They both have Canine Good Citizen certification, however I am very vigilant anyway.

CJ, hope you and your DH feel better quickly. I don't want Santa to catch what you have and bring it my way. I have been very good this year...

YoNo, my DH loved the funnies, especially the one about Scarlett Johannsen and the man/cop one. He wants to try the cop one IF he ever gets stopped. He NEVER gets stopped and I always do. What is up with that? I think I am being profiled unfairly because I have a lead foot...

Wink

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri
    CJ, hope you and your DH feel better quickly. I don't want Santa to catch what you have and bring it my way. I have been very good this year...
    Yeah! Don't want Santa sick for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri
    YoNo, my DH loved the funnies, especially the one about Scarlett Johannsen and the man/cop one. He wants to try the cop one IF he ever gets stopped. He NEVER gets stopped and I always do. What is up with that? I think I am being profiled unfairly because I have a lead foot...

here he comes...

I requested a new thread... I alerted my own post above!

It's been raining since early this morning, and still raining!! It's about 44 right now, and should be 37 tonight. The Huz looked up our weather for the next week - and it looks like it might SNOW here on Monday!! Looking forward to it!
    I know you all back East are shaking your heads...

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74