1367 users online (256 members and 1111 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI - Eau Claire, WhtMale UP4744, 25-35, in shipping crate from Italy, Sep'01

NamUs UP Case 4744

https://identifyus.org/cases/4744

Unidentified White male
    * Found September 6, 2001 in Eau Claire County, WI
    * Estimated Year of Death: 2001

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age: 25-35 years old
    * Approximate Height: 65' estimated
    * Distinguishing Characteristics:
    dark brown to black measuring 6 cm in length; dark brown pubic hair;
    * Dentals:
    Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry: Dark pants, dark long sleeve button down shirt; Leather tie up shoes; Diana Brand Cigarettes.

* DNA: Sample not available

Case History:
    Body found at Menard's distribution center in Eau Claire, WI. The body was in a packing/shipping crate that contained tile and originated from Livorno Italy. Another body was present in the crate and was presumptively identified as a Romanian citizen. Present in the crate were clothing items, a plastic bag containing feces, a hand drill which appeared to be used to create ventilation holes in the crate.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4744

The other body found in the crate belonged to a Romanian; they could have been smuggling themselves into the U.S. via Italy.

Maybe they couldn't escape from the crate, or maybe it was in transit much longer than they expected

Found this case in Interpol:

http://www.interpol.int/notice/searc...ing/2001-48374

The age is within the range, and the listed height, 1.76 meters, is equivalent to about 69 inches, which is not far off. Unfortunately, the photo is of very low quality.

An Italian and an Romanian? Sounds like the opening of a joke.

From the sketch, this guy is unmistakably Italian.

Diana cigarettes are Italian, also.

Did they consult anybody in Italy about this?

I'm italian; this case in unknown in Italy; i found this casually in John Doe database; also in the italian trasmission Chi l'ha visto? no one has even talked about maybe because UID was found in US territory;also I confirm that the cigarette brand is Italian, but the man could be one of many illegal immigrants who enter in Italy where there is no effective control there in the USA.

The ceramic tile shipment left the port city of Livorno, Italy, on Aug. 10, and was transported through three Canadian cities and on to Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis before arriving at Menards on Thursday, Sands said.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...er.html?pg=all
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

if the box shipped from italy on August 10th, and was opened on September 1st in WI, how can the doe networks postmortem estimate be 3 months? and how can the remains be skeletal by then? The crate had to have had a smell and possibly be about 200 lbs heavier than it should have been. Also it would seem sort of organized by someone else because wouldn't the crate be packed tightly with merchandise? Two bodies would take up quite a bit of space, plus one of them had enough space to move around and use the bag...

If they know who the Romanian is, have they talked to the people he knew in Italy or Romania? This seems (seemed to be a decade and a half ago) very solvable.

And why is there not a DNA sample??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

oh man, can you imagine being trapped, encased with other cargo stuck in a box with someone else and a bag of excrement. these gentlemen really wanted to get to the states. To go to that extreme my assumption would be possible criminals, who would not be allowed in the states by other means? Or maybe poor, with no means of other arrangements to travel? Why do this? Possibly check wanted criminals of that year in Italy maybe? Where do you start in an international case of this nature? I know this happens like a kid climbing in a cargo plane across the U.S but crossing the ocean and for a month. My minds kinda blown.
    Where is Kellie Marie Brownlee? Help Find Michigan's Missing! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=27420&page=2