692 users online (128 members and 564 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

patsy's 911 call

Does anyone have a link for this i cant find it anywhere, i dont remember ever hearing it......Also have i read that burke was heard in the back ground on this call, if thats so didnt they say he was asleep?? Thanks!!

Hi Michelle

There is a thread about the 911 call....you will most probably find the link or where to go to find it in there. It is a pretty current thread, I remember someone asked me wher they could find the link and I directed them, but I forget now!
    It is a huge debate whether or not Burke's voice is on the tape. Some people even question if there is such a tape. I tend to think there is, and I tend to think Burke's voice is on it, when, yes, he was supposed to have been asleep.

Thanks i will look in that thread....

In many districts 911 tapes are recycled, cleaned to a degree that allows for reuse. The scrutiny of the fbi, cbi and others could find no conversation at the end, leaving the finding of aerospace up for suspicion. I suspect, IF, there is any discernable sound on the end of the tape it would , likely ,be left over noise.

Leftover Noise

That's a good way of putting it. Probably Burke did wake up, when they naturally thought he was asleep. No biggie. Didn't one of the book authors say that Burke was asked if he heard anything during the night, and he said voices?

Probably he meant the 911 call voices, or, before that, Patsy calling John from downstairs when she found the note, right? Or do you have a better idea re when he could have heard voices? I'm all ears.

I'm reasonably certain a child of his age would hear the commotion going on in the house, however, a child who feels secure in his environment may not "get up" to inquire , he would expect the adults to handle it (whatever it is).
    I stand by my belief that the tape was recycled, that previous calls could be picked up with hi-tec scanning,and add " the FACT "they did NOT bring forth a control tape to put this kind of possibility to "rest" proves to me LE is again lying.

Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    I'm reasonably certain a child of his age would hear the commotion going on in the house, however, a child who feels secure in his environment may not "get up" to inquire , he would expect the adults to handle it (whatever it is).
    I stand by my belief that the tape was recycled, that previous calls could be picked up with hi-tec scanning,and add " the FACT "they did NOT bring forth a control tape to put this kind of possibility to "rest" proves to me LE is again lying.
    I absolutely disagree Sissi - I think a child who stays in bed and "pretends" to be asleep is not demonstrating that he is secure in his environment. Quite the opposite. IMO, that Burke pretended to be asleep suggests that shouting was perhaps not an unusual occurrence in the Ramsey household. A child who is unafraid of his parents would go downstairs and say "What's going on? What did you find?" - i.e. the words which are claimed to be on the 911 tape.

I don't think the Ramsey household was an abusive one - which is why I believe that it is more believable that Burke's voice IS on the 911 tape than that he pretended to be asleep in his room. I find the latter far more sinister.

Edited to say:- do a google search for children pretending to be asleep and the results ALL have negative connotations. Children pretend to be asleep when they are afraid - not when they are comfortable in their environment.

Also remember that Burke wasn't 4/5, he was 10 years old. If he DID pretend to be asleep, then IMO he was either afraid of his parents OR the shouting wasn't an unusual occurrence. I do not think he was in bed pretending to be asleep. I think he initially went downstairs and was sent back upstairs by John Ramsey.

IMO, Burke's voice on the 911 is not indicative of his guilt.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I absolutely disagree Sissi - I think a child who stays in bed and "pretends" to be asleep is not demonstrating that he is secure in his environment. Quite the opposite. IMO, that Burke pretended to be asleep suggests that shouting was perhaps not an unusual occurrence in the Ramsey household. A child who is unafraid of his parents would go downstairs and say "What's going on? What did you find?" - i.e. the words which are claimed to be on the 911 tape.

I don't think the Ramsey household was an abusive one - which is why I believe that it is more believable that Burke's voice IS on the 911 tape than that he pretended to be asleep in his room. I find the latter far more sinister.

Edited to say:- do a google search for children pretending to be asleep and the results ALL have negative connotations. Children pretend to be asleep when they are afraid - not when they are comfortable in their environment.

Also remember that Burke wasn't 4/5, he was 10 years old. If he DID pretend to be asleep, then IMO he was either afraid of his parents OR the shouting wasn't an unusual occurrence. I do not think he was in bed pretending to be asleep. I think he initially went downstairs and was sent back upstairs by John Ramsey.

IMO, Burke's voice on the 911 is not indicative of his guilt.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Burke pretending to be asleep is a red herring. It's irrelevant. What's important is BURKE WAS DOWNSTAIRS AT 5:52 AM DURING THE 911 CALL.

The enhanced final 4 seconds of the 911 tape contained the voices of Patsy, John, and Burke -- all of whom were in the kitchen and continuing a conversation that had obviously begun long before the 911 call was initiated. This is borne out by John's harsh voice in the tape directed at Burke, "We're not talking to you!"

Burke was the only person sleeping on the same floor as JonBenet that night. If the Ramseys were honestly searching for a missing JonBenet as they claim, why would their first comment to Burke be "We're not talking to you!"

Aso, all three Ramseys, who didn't know the cops had them on tape, lied during their individual interviews about Burke being in bed asleep until 7:00 AM. When finally confronted with the tape evidence they changed their story to say Burke was faking sleep. But that doesn't change the fact that the 911 tape proved Burke was DOWNSTAIRS at 5:52 AM, and therefore not even "faking" sleep (which is irrelevant anyway).

The lie the three Ramseys conspiratorily agreed upon ahead of time (all three answered the question the same way), but were trapped by the tape, shows they were hiding something significant from the cops. Why lie to the cops during a murder investigation if you aren't somehow involved in the murder?

BlueCrab

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    Burke pretending to be asleep is a red herring. It's irrelevant. What's important is BURKE WAS DOWNSTAIRS AT 5:52 AM DURING THE 911 CALL.

The enhanced final 4 seconds of the 911 tape contained the voices of Patsy, John, and Burke -- all of whom were in the kitchen and continuing a conversation that had obviously begun long before the 911 call was initiated. This is borne out by John's harsh voice in the tape directed at Burke, "We're not talking to you!"

Burke was the only person sleeping on the same floor as JonBenet that night. If the Ramseys were honestly searching for a missing JonBenet as they claim, why would their first comment to Burke be "We're not talking to you!"

Aso, all three Ramseys, who didn't know the cops had them on tape, lied during their individual interviews about Burke being in bed asleep until 7:00 AM. When finally confronted with the tape evidence they changed their story to say Burke was faking sleep. But that doesn't change the fact that the 911 tape proved Burke was DOWNSTAIRS at 5:52 AM, and therefore not even "faking" sleep (which is irrelevant anyway).

The lie the three Ramseys conspiratorily agreed upon ahead of time (all three answered the question the same way), but were trapped by the tape, shows they were hiding something significant from the cops. Why lie to the cops during a murder investigation if you aren't somehow involved in the murder?

BlueCrab
    Just in an effort to eliminate misinformation there is no enhanced 911 tape that anyone can listen to. Only rumors that some LE officials have heard it. The R's have never been "confronted" or allowed to hear the enhanced 911 tape evidence or admitted to hearing any voices on such tape as far as any of us know and they have never changed their story about the events of that morning.

Zman - doesn't change the fact that they changed their story at a very critical part.
    Above is my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie
    Zman - doesn't change the fact that they changed their story at a very critical part.
    What part was that?

The part about Burke being awake.
    Above is my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie
    The part about Burke being awake.
    Doesn't matter whether he was awake or asleep. None of them, including Burke, say he was by the phone.

No it doesn't matter.
    What MATTERS is that they LIED.
    Above is my opinion only

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast