MS - Julie Brightwell, 52, waitress fatally shot at Waffle House, Biloxi, 27 Nov 2015 *arrest*

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-33...ot-head-asked-smoking-customer-CIGARETTE.html
Johnny Mount allegedly shot her in head after she told him not to smoke
Mount, 45, has been charged with first-degree murder
Police say he had a 9mm handgun on him at the time of the shooting

www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-patron-kills-waffle-house-worker-who-asked-him-not-to-smoke/

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/28/man-k...se-employee-over-smoking-policy/?intcmp=hpbt3

So sad and senseless !
Mr. Mount looks inebriated in his mugshot ; imo.

Rest gently, Julie !

From last month:

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article50049790.html

Justice Court Judge Albert Fountain kept Mount's bond at $2 million on a first-degree murder charge. He has been locked up since his arrest the morning of the Nov. 27 shooting.

After the hearing, Cox said the restaurant's surveillance cameras captured a clear image of Mount shooting Brightwell in the right side of the head. He said the footage is "one of the most graphic" and "clear" he's ever seen...

When Brightwell saw the gun, records say, she ducked behind the counter, but Mount stood up, leaned over the counter and shot her once in the head.

Preliminary waived; headed to grand jury next.

It is impossible to comprehend a crime like this. It is completely senseless! The life of a woman taken.... for absolutely nothing at all. I'm so sad for the years she'll miss out on and for her poor family.

Normally I'm not a proponent of the DP, in this case I think some folks are just to stupid and dangerous to live.

From June:

Man accused of Waffle House murder arraigned in Biloxi

http://www.wlox.com/story/32210486/man-accused-of-waffle-house-murder-arraigned-in-biloxi

The man accused of shooting Julie Brightwell in Biloxi is one step closer to trial. It has been seven months since Brightwell was shot to death while working as a waitress at a Waffle House. The suspected shooter, Johnny Mount, was arraigned Monday morning. Mount's plea was not guilty.

Judge Lisa Dodson tried to set a trial date for this November, a year after Brightwell's death. But attorney Davis requested a later date.

"Judge, I just now started collecting records on Mr. Mount. He does have a history that does take some time to get everything acquired," said Davis in his request.

Judge Dodson agreed and set the trial date for February 13th.

Trial postponed for man accused of killing Waffle House waitress

http://www.wlox.com/story/34478611/trial-postponed-for-man-accused-of-killing-waffle-house-waitress

The man accused of murdering a Biloxi Waffle House waitress won’t be tried until May.

Johnny Mount’s first-degree murder case is postponed until a psychological evaluation is complete. His trial was scheduled to start Monday.

Mount has remained behind bars on a $2 million bond since his arrest. His new trial date is May 1.

He may never be brought to trial to answer for this horrible crime. This question of competency can be prolonged indefinitely, with all the psychiatrists etc. And madness can be faked by someone clever enough.

I've been following the Beau Bruneau murder case in Florida (killed and decapitated his mother) and that's almost 11 years old now with no resolution.

FL - Nancy Bruneau, 62, gruesome murder, Hollywood Lakes, 30 Oct 2010 *son arrested*

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back