CANADA Canada - Toronto police seek "Ken" for info about 1980's missing persons case

dotr

Reaction score
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/33423
NR.33423.1448561260.jpg

"The attached photograph is believed to be of a man named "Ken," who, in the late 1980s, lived in various basement apartments in the Scarborough area. It is also believed he may have attended the University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus). The photo was taken during this time.

He is not believed to have participated in any criminal activity. Investigators wish to speak to him regarding the events being investigated".

You beat me to it again, dotr. Many thanks.

This is a real puzzler.

Thinking that any new techniques utilized to shake up and possibly solve a cold case, to be intriguing and interesting, imo.
Wonder if " Ken" is eventually located, would any more information about the person who may have disappeared be released?

Thinking that any new techniques utilized to shake up and possibly solve a cold case, to be intriguing and interesting, imo.
Wonder if " Ken" is eventually located, would any more information about the person who may have disappeared be released?

Quite likely, especially if it ends in new leads or a new direction in the case.

It is very significant, IMO, that the police are trying to identify and get a hold of this individual after all this time.

I'm lost. The police is looking for this guy about an old case but also a latest disappearance? Good grief. Why don't they release details about the disappearances??

It's always a guessing game with Canadian crimes. :gaah:

Where did they get the photo?

I'm lost. The police is looking for this guy about an old case but also a latest disappearance? Good grief. Why don't they release details about the disappearances??

It's always a guessing game with Canadian crimes. :gaah:

As i understand it, LE think there may have been a disappearance in the late 80's and the person, known as "Ken", may have some information concerning that possible disappearance.
The photo looks like it might have been a school photo,imo, considering that "Ken" may have attended U of T Scarborough campus, maybe, imo. that is where they may have located said photo.
In any case, i am intrigued as to which mp case this may possibly solve- even wondering if "Ken" is the one who may have disappeared.
Since he is believed to have rented a number of basement apartments in Scarborough, perhaps he was in a position to overhear something of interest to LE.
all speculation, imo.

I have a feeling that this disappearance may not be a well publicized one, but one that has come to light recently.

Maybe someone had a nagging feeling about the whereabouts of a person not heard from for years, but did not report it until now, for whatever reason.

To clarify things for the poster upthread, the one disappearance being investigated happened in the 1980s and this individual (Ken) is being sought for information he may have. This Ken individual is unidentified as of yet; they don't know if this is his real name or what his last name is. This is how I read it, at least.

I don't think Ken is the missing person, dotr, because they would have likely just come out and reported him as such. It seems that he is being sought out as a witness.

The photo was probably located because the police followed information from other people involved in this.

I have a feeling that this disappearance may not be a well publicized one, but one that has come to light recently.

Maybe someone had a nagging feeling about the whereabouts of a person not heard from for years, but did not report it until now, for whatever reason.

To clarify things for the poster upthread, the one disappearance being investigated happened in the 1980s and this individual (Ken) is being sought for information he may have. This Ken individual is unidentified as of yet; they don't know if this is his real name or what his last name is. This is how I read it, at least.

I don't think Ken is the missing person, dotr, because they would have likely just come out and reported him as such. It seems that he is being sought out as a witness.

The photo was probably located because the police followed information from other people involved in this.

Why do you think the police won't release more details about the missing person? Strange case.

I honestly don't know.

They are making it sound like foul play has occurred, but why they are not releasing more details and just focusing on identifying the guy in the picture is hard to fathom.

If dotr is right and the man in the picture is the missing party, then they are going about things in a very convoluted way.

Without more context to the case, it is hard to understand what is going on.

I honestly don't know.

They are making it sound like foul play has occurred, but why they are not releasing more details and just focusing on identifying the guy in the picture is hard to fathom.

If dotr is right and the man in the picture is the missing party, then they are going about things in a very convoluted way.

Without more context to the case, it is hard to understand what is going on.

It was just a convoluted suggestion on my part, LE no doubt knows what they are doing, me - not so much!

This guy could be anywhere. Why was the photo only released to the media in Ontario?

They are likely trying to identify him, and doing that by jogging the memories of people who associated with him in the area where he presumably lived, and this mystery disappearance took place. TThey are trying to job the memories of classmates, landlords, acquaintances, etc.

I am assuming that the police can't identify him, although, how they managed to narrow down a photo of him, with no one knowing who he was, is pretty odd.

If he was a University of Toronto student, he should be pretty easy to identify through records.

I wonder if this is at all connected to Bernardo. He was in Scarborough in the late 1980s wasn't he?

I hope LE finds "Ken", no matter what case they are working on.

Does anyone have any ideas as to any unsolved missing cases for Toronto and Scarborough in the late 1980's?

My wild hunch about this case is that it has something to do with suspected human trafficking.

Certainly not related but wasn't Paul Bernardo's dad named Ken? He was accused of sexual abuse... Just weird

P. S. Google confirms that's his dad's name... His dad doesn't match the photo though but whatever weird

bernardo was the scarbrough rapist he is said to have raped more then 80 college aged woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back