FL FL - Arahsette Rodriguez, 13, Miami Gardens, 20 Nov 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Arahsette Rodriguez
Arahsette-Rodriguez-png.png

Police search for missing student in Miami-Dade County
"Miami-Dade schools police are searching for 13-year-old Arahsette Rodriguez, a missing student from Jann Mann Opportunity School.

Arahsette was last seen leaving the school's campus on Nov. 20 at around 2 p.m. wearing a white shirt, khaki pants and black shoes. She has silver braces on her teeth."

http://m.local10.com/news/police-searching-for-missing-student-in-miamidade-county/36726398

Ten days ago? Why are we only hearing about this now? Or is this just the first article a WSer has noticed? :/ Oh well, let's get to sleuthing..

ETA: The school name looked a little strange to me so I looked it up, and guess what?

Jan Mann Opportunity School is a small educational setting that includes approximately 100 students of multi-ethnic,
and low and middle economic backgrounds that are administratively assigned due to various
problematic conditions within the traditional school. Students who attend Jan Mann Opportunity School are in
Grades 6-12 and reside in the northern half of the county. In conjunction with an emphasis on academic
achievement, another objective of Jan Mann Opportunity School is to change the negative behaviors and attitudes
of the disruptive, disinterested, and truant students and to provide the necessary support and enrichment to
meet each student's individual needs.

per http://janmann.dadeschools.net/about_us.html

As much as I hate labeling missing kids as "runaways", to me this looks like an environment she may not have been happy being placed in. Therefore I'd start looking at things like whether she could reach her home from here - could she have tried to leave and make her way home? Or to a relative's or friend's house? Maybe she felt unsafe there and wanted to get away. Just throwing out ideas.

ETAA: Uh-oh.. school is equidistant from both water and what looks like a busy freeway. Though I can point out with some relief that the fencing between the path she'd be on if heading to the water and the water itself looks like it'd be enough to keep a 13-year-old from climbing over.

do they live at the school? it says they reside in the morthern part of the county, it sounds like they live at home and it is a continuation school.

Ten days ago? Why are we only hearing about this now? Or is this just the first article a WSer has noticed? :/ Oh well, let's get to sleuthing..

ETA: The school name looked a little strange to me so I looked it up, and guess what?

per http://janmann.dadeschools.net/about_us.html

As much as I hate labeling missing kids as "runaways", to me this looks like an environment she may not have been happy being placed in. Therefore I'd start looking at things like whether she could reach her home from here - could she have tried to leave and make her way home? Or to a relative's or friend's house? Maybe she felt unsafe there and wanted to get away. Just throwing out ideas.

ETAA: Uh-oh.. school is equidistant from both water and what looks like a busy freeway. Though I can point out with some relief that the fencing between the path she'd be on if heading to the water and the water itself looks like it'd be enough to keep a 13-year-old from climbing over.

Anything new about Arahsette out there? It's sad a 13 year old is lost and there's nothing going on. If my child was missing I be raising #@!!.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back