1311 users online (245 members and 1066 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Eric Kohler, 27, Gardena, 24 Nov 2015

Eric Kohler

Mystery Surrounds Disappearance of Oakley Producer Who Worked on X-Men
    "Los Angeles police are searching for a Hollywood producer who has not been seen since before Thanksgiving.

The family of 27-year-old Eric Kohler said he was last seen leaving his workplace in the 1700 block of El Segundo Boulevard in Gardena on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.

Friends said Kohler then missed a meeting for an upcoming project. His family rushed down from Oakley, California after learning of his disappearance."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...359488661.html
    http://abc7.com/news/lapd-searching-...ducer/1104848/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

His fb. Lots and lots of friends spreading the word - seems like a young, successful man with a lot going for him.
    https://www.facebook.com/eakohler?ref=ts&fref=ts
    They heard me singing, and they told me to stop
    SSDGM

Eric left his wallet, bag and laptop after walking out at work. Surveillance last showed his Range Rover in a food for less parking lot. This is really strange. I hope he just needed a break but there's been no activity on his bank accounts.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...359302081.html

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteorchids View Post
    Eric left his wallet, bag and laptop after walking out at work. Surveillance last showed his Range Rover in a food for less parking lot. This is really strange. I hope he just needed a break but there's been no activity on his bank accounts.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...359302081.html
    Heartbreaking video with the parents. His phone appeared to be turned off when the Range Rover left/was leaving the food for less parking lot. Maybe phone activity up to that point will give clues.
    SSDGM

CA - Eric Kohler, 27, Gardena, 24 November 2015

I wonder how far the food for less is from his job and if he realized he didn't have his wallet or purposely left it. Does anyone know the area/distance near western and imperial from the location of his employment??Others have reported food for less not in a safe area.

Some of my friends are (hometown) friends of his. Very heartbreaking and such a strange disappearance.
    Last edited by sleuther317; 12-01-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: to add hometown friends, not current in Gardena

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyrita View Post
    I found a food for less at 1299 W Artesia Blvd in Gardena - it looks like his workplace was located at the 1700 block of El Segundo in Gardena, which is 4.5 miles away. That's the closest one I could find.
    Hmm how far is that from his house?

Ahh, whicteorchids - I found the one on imperial and s. western - only 1.2 miles from his place of work. I'd like to know how close he lived as well - maybe one of his concerned friends/family will join us and provide some more info. Hint hint
    SSDGM

Does anyone know the area/distance near western and imperial from the location of his employment??Others have reported food for less not in a safe area.
    BBM. Well.. go onto http://www.crimemapping.com/default.aspx and use "11507 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047" (which I believe is the address of the Food 4 Less). I set it to look at crimes occurring between 20 Nov and 30 Nov in a 2-mile radius of that spot.

TL;DR it's not a good area.
    Last edited by CosmicLatte; 12-01-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: edited to replace with actual food for less address

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicLatte View Post
    BBM. Well.. go onto http://www.crimemapping.com/default.aspx and use "11723 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, California, 90047" as the address (this is just a random business address that happens to be right between EK's employment and the Food 4 Less location, use a less specific one if you want, I don't think it matters). I set it to look at crimes occurring between 20 Nov and 30 Nov in a 2-mile radius of that spot.

TL;DR it's not a good area.
    Thanks for that info. He must have been located at FFL parking lot from his cell pings. Phone was turned off after he left parking lot. I wonder if he shopped there on occasion during work hours to grab food, supplies, whatever? He might have realized he forgot his wallet and was heading back to retrieve it. Two things come to mind carjacking or his RR rolled over somewhere. I'm not familiar with that area as I'm in Orange County, CA.

Time is of the essence. He needs to be found quickly. I'm going to remain positive. I have two sons one around Eric's age who is extremely motivated and a workaholic. He reminds me of Eric. I always worry about things like this and my sons thinks I'm crazy.

I hope he wasn't carjacked others on FB have said this is a hood area. He has a an expensive all black range rover with tinted windows, and black wheels that attract drug dealers and other bad guys. I'm not getting a good feeling about this. Anyway, here is good info about preventing carjacking in LA. I wonder if they could ask friends if he normally locked his doors while driving. Every little bit helps.

http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_prev...asic_view/1368

I hope he wasn't carjacked others on FB have said this is a hood area. He has a an expensive all black range rover with tinted windows, and black wheels that attract drug dealers and other bad guys. I'm not getting a good feeling about this. Anyway, here is good info about preventing carjacking in LA. I wonder if they could ask friends if he normally locked his doors while driving. Every little bit helps.

http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_prev...asic_view/1368
    According to the first link in the original missing post in this thread, his car had no plates.. makes me think it'd be even more of a "juicy target" for someone looking to get off scot-free when stealing a car.

Is there not a GPS on his range rover ?
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Davia18 View Post
    Is there not a GPS on his range rover ?
    Don't know. He didn't even have license plates just the dealer one. No low jack either.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicLatte View Post
    According to the first link in the original missing post in this thread, his car had no plates.. makes me think it'd be even more of a "juicy target" for someone looking to get off scot-free when stealing a car.
    Good point Cosmic I hope they already got in touch with border patrol. Sometimes it's not a good thing to have such a nice car unless you have all the equipment for protection even a weapon with a CCW permit

Just saw this:
    Eric was last seen driving a 2015 black 4-door Land Rover with black rims and a small dent on the driver's side and the license plate #7KIM941.
    Last edited by Whiteorchids; 12-01-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast