673 users online (72 members and 601 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IL - Alicia Yaus, 48, Oak Park, 28 November 2015

Alicia H. Yaus

Police search for missing Oak Park woman
    "Oak Park police are asking for the publicís help in finding a 48-year-old woman who went missing Saturday from the western suburb.

Alicia H. Yaus was last seen about 3 p.m. Saturday driving a dark blue Volvo XC70 station wagon near Chicago and Harlem avenues, according to an alert from Oak Park police."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/7...oak-park-woman
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Police Continue Search for Missing Oak Park Woman
    Alicia H. Yaus

http://patch.com/illinois/oakpark/po...oak-park-woman
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Missing Oak Park woman found dead, police believe
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...202-story.html

Not sure if this is her, but it appears her car and a body have been found in an industrial area.http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-m...found/1106784/

Darn it, RIP Alicia.

What a lovely lady. My thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones, especially her three children. May she rest in peace.

Oak Park is a very upper class suburb and has remained as such although surrounding communities have changed. For example, it is not far from Garfield Park where Baby Knox was found in the water. My late husband and I had our wedding reception at the Oak Park Club and it's where we usually went shopping. A beautiful Marshall Field & Company store was on the corner of Lake Street and Frank Lloyd Wright built many architectural masterpieces in the area. Living in such a nice area really makes me wonder what or who took her to the industrial area where she was found. I do suspect foul play but we might find out it was suicide.

I wondered about suicide but the location the car was found seems like an odd location for a suicide. I can't help but wonder why someone wouldn't choose a nearby forest preserve. For that reason I am leaning toward foul play.

Very sad this happened. Prayers sent out for her family.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I wondered about suicide but the location the car was found seems like an odd location for a suicide. I can't help but wonder why someone wouldn't choose a nearby forest preserve. For that reason I am leaning toward foul play.

Very sad this happened. Prayers sent out for her family.
    I too felt that would be a very odd location for suicide. There are forest preserves all over the place around that area which I agree would seem like a more likely place. The last times he was seen was in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday. Hopefully the autopsy will be able to determine the TOD. Hopefully surveillance cameras are being checked thoroughly, not only where she was found but also around her house and neighborhood.

After seeing information on the news regarding women being targeted on Black Friday at the mall in Orland Park and Matteson, I wonder if perhaps this was an attempted robbery? Maybe she was doing some holiday shopping in the area and someone robbed her or ?? That would be more likely based on where her car was found.

Very pretty lady and sad to lose someone so close to the holidays. Keeping her family in my prayers.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    After seeing information on the news regarding women being targeted on Black Friday at the mall in Orland Park and Matteson, I wonder if perhaps this was an attempted robbery? Maybe she was doing some holiday shopping in the area and someone robbed her or ?? That would be more likely based on where her car was found.

Very pretty lady and sad to lose someone so close to the holidays. Keeping her family in my prayers.
    Good thinking. That makes sense, especially given the time of day Alicia left her house. I do still wonder, though, how that scenario would get her in that industrial district?

The article below says this is being investigated as a suicide, based on evidence at the scene.

http://patch.com/illinois/oakpark/bo...-yaus-oak-park

Quote Originally Posted by ILOKAL View Post
    Good thinking. That makes sense, especially given the time of day Alicia left her house. I do still wonder, though, how that scenario would get her in that industrial district?

The person responsible driving her car or forcing her to drive to that location and then harming her once they arrived at that location. I sure hope there is working surveillance in that area and the other areas of the possible sightings.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by cpeacock1 View Post
    The article below says this is being investigated as a suicide, based on evidence at the scene.

http://patch.com/illinois/oakpark/bo...-yaus-oak-park
    So incredibly sad if thats the case.
    ~JMO~