UK - Teen Allergic to Wi-Fi Commits Suicide, Parents Say

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jenny Fry
tumblr_inline_nyp1du2QRX1tcj1i4_1280.jpg

The mother of a teen who committed suicide after suffering from what she calls a rare allergy to Wi-Fi is accusing her daughter’s school of failing to protect her.

Jenny Fry, 15, was found hanging from a tree near her home in the U.K. last June. Her story is now coming to light because of a legal investigation into the cause of Jenny’s death."
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/teen-allergic-to-wifi-commits-suicide-parents-say-223912154.html

No, you don't need Wifi to text.

I think the problem is, the mother is using the word "allergic" which is not believable. If this child is sensitive to Wifi, who knows if she was, she should be put in the category of people who are hypersensitive to flashing lights and so get seizures and migraines. That kind of thing - that's easy to understand.

When you hear "allergic", you're immediately on the defensive because it's not possible.

Sad that her mother wasn't able to find another school situation for her, although it's unlikely she'd be able to function in any kind of populated social setting.

I have to wonder if this teen just suffered from severe migraines which were caused by something else and possibly even genetic. I have suffered with migraines all my life and they started around my high school years. They would come and go and NO normal pain relief ever worked like Aspirin or Advil. They typically last many hours and usually start in afternoon and once they start they last most of the day if not all day long. Very Very Very painful and depressing. Loud sounds and light were intolerable once the migraine set in.
Its amazing I was able to suffer through them so many years. What helped me was I would sometimes have months where they would not surface and that helped.

I went to MANY doctors over the years and nothing really worked until I finally and very luckily went to a Neurologist in my 30s. He finally correctly diagnosed me that I was suffering from real migraines and prescribed a simple but very new medicine that totally knocks it out whenever I get a migraine.

He told me that my genetic capillaries (blood vessels) were most likely too small and thin than most people in certain parts of my brain which constricts the blood flow to areas where it should not be restricted. Or something like that LOL

He said some people just get these types of migraines and others don't. I frankly didn't care what the cause was since he found a medicine that works wonders. I now carry it around ever since and I just take 1 whenever I get the migraine type headache. And POOF totally gone within 1/2 hour.

I get normal headaches on occasion too and Advil typically knocks it out. Migraines are a whole different other animal and I have found certain triggers that seem to make them come on but other times they just come on by themselves.

I wonder if this girl had something like I had and the parents was just blaming it on WIFI because they could not figure it out like me.

I really wish that poor girl could have went to my doctor and got some medicine that may have cured her symptoms. It took me many years before I found the right kind of help. I suspect they were in that situation. A LOT of doctors did not know how to treat me until I finally met 1 who did.

And even if she was truly sensitive to WIFI signals the fancy new medicines they have these days could have possibly helped relieve her symptoms. I don't know how many doctors they tried but I had to go through MANY different doctors over MANY years before I found one that helped me. It does get frustrating and you do want to give up trying different doctors but that is all you can do. I have to wonder if the right doctor could have helped her.

I was 100% sympathetic with the parents until I read that this was never diagnosed by a doctor. Now I think they just googled her symptoms and slapped a label on her instead of finding out what was really causing her pain. I'm sorry, but those parents had an obligation to do whatever they could to ease their daughter's suffering, whether that includes going to multiple doctors, homeschooling, whatever it takes.

no medical notes exist to prove Jenny suffered from the condition.

JMO, that doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't consult any doctors to complain and ask for help, it just means that no doctor was able to verify that she suffered from this. Sensitivity to WIFI etc. is something that doctors are frequently quite sceptical of, and look for other explanations.
The World Health Organisation says electromagnetic sensitivity is "characterized by a range of non-specific symptoms that lack apparent toxicological or physiological basis or independent verification."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back