772 users online (87 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Baltimore, WhtFem UP2339, 35-50, in Patapsco River, Jul'68

I did not see a thread for this Jane Doe so I thought I'd make one.

She was found in the Patapsco River near the Baltimore Harbor that is near the Fort McHenry National Monument. She was estimated to be between the ages of 35-50. She is described as to having black hair and brown eyes. She was 5'5 and 164 pounds. She had a healed linear scar in the lower abdominal midline which was 4 1/2" in length. According to NamUs she may have had a history of alcohol abuse and may have suffered from depression.

She was found wearing a blue dress that had a belt, a yellow bra, a yellow half-slip, a pair of black loafer shoes, and a gold wedding band.

WARNING THIS NAMUS LINK CONTAINS A POST-MORTEM PHOTO
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2339

Juanita Ritchie - findthemissing.org/cases/20187
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

East and West and nowhere in between. The SEA, for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake479 View Post
    Looks like the UID has a prominent mole on her cheek (near her eye), which I'm not seeing on Juanita. I'm not sure if the other marks on her are a result of death or what, but if not, I'd say she had freckling, too.

Is it just me or is the PM photo on this doe one of the largest in size ever? I can't believe how far I can zoom in.

ETA: now I'm wondering if that mole is an "age spot." I have a few of them and they can get a bit raised. If so, the UID could have acquired those later in life, and they won't necessarily show up in younger photos.
    Last edited by catlike; 04-02-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: thought of something else.

I emailed these possible matches to Pamela Reed; she emailed me back telling me that the Jane Doe was cremated and that there is no DNA available for her. Since the missing women only have DNA to compare and the Jane Doe doesn't, there is now way to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake479 View Post
    I emailed these possible matches to Pamela Reed; she emailed me back telling me that the Jane Doe was cremated and that there is no DNA available for her. Since the missing women only have DNA to compare and the Jane Doe doesn't, there is now way to compare them.
    Bumping for this Jane Doe. Been almost a year since anyone posted. I read they can get DNA from cremated remains from bone fragments, but it's not guaranteed. However, unless they try to obtain a sample, they'll never know.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Just curious, when looking at this JDs PM photo, it looks like her teeth are blurred out.
    At first I thought maybe she had no teeth, but if you look at the upper lip, it's blurry, too. Anyone else notice that, too?
    Anyone know why this might have been done?
    Here is her doe page, which has a link to the photo to which I'm referring:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1031ufmd.html
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)